• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

cajunator

Banned
I really hate this argument but thinking about your post history and combining it with this comment it's pretty obvious you've never played football or any contact sport in your life. It's exceedingly, insanely rare for people to be attempting to injure others. When it happens, it's a big deal. Your argument is as stupid as it is insulting to anyone who has even a tiny shred of intelligence.

I get that you want to somehow protect the team you've been rooting for for a few years, but its getting embarrassing.

I already said I would be on the side of whatever team was implicated here.
Its not just because its the Saints, although thats not helping.

Novid

Banned
so it looks like the mangement looked over the D&D rule book and found out the players were in the right.

holy shit.

cajunator

Banned
Also, no I have not played any contact sports. I am not big enough to play any of them. I only weigh 117 and used to weigh even less.

I really hate this argument but thinking about your post history and combining it with this comment it's pretty obvious you've never played football or any contact sport in your life. It's exceedingly, insanely rare for people to be attempting to injure others. When it happens, it's a big deal. Your argument is as stupid as it is insulting to anyone who has even a tiny shred of intelligence.

I get that you want to somehow protect the team you've been rooting for for a few years, but its getting embarrassing.

You have to eventually acknowledge the fact that these players were NOT trying to injure opponents. Even Gooddell backed off of that in the past couple of months.

squicken

now every time the NFLPA tries to use the court system, the league can just say "see, our internal appeals process works and is fair. go away guvment"

Cagey said:
I'm willing to try any number of combinations on the line that do not involve a starting David Diehl, as the ceiling is bound to be much higher, and the floor cannot possibly be lower.
Beatty at LT and move Locklear over to the RT position which is his natural position and the position he's played for the majority of his NFL career.

Keep Diehl as pure backup, worst case scenario depth until next season when they can cut him and his 3+ million dollar salary.

Fox318

rtcCg.jpg

Striker

Ah, I've been missing that fire in here.

Fuck the Giants, fuck Eli.
No

Beatty at LT and move Locklear over to the RT position which is his natural position and the position he's played for the majority of his NFL career.

Keep Diehl as pure backup, worst case scenario depth until next season when they can cut him and his 3+ million dollar salary.
Locklear played RT in Seattle because of Walter Jones. I'm not familiar with what he did in Washington, right tackle I presume?

He's not much of a run blocker, but he has been pretty solid pass protecting. It's just Diehl is so bad and I don't think the Giants like Beatty on the RT and LT fits him better anyways.

Milchjon

Brian Waters’ name plate has been removed from his stall in the Patriots [team stats]’ locker room, so any speculation that he could return should just about come to an end.

Damn.

Pats injury report:

Out:

Running back Shane Vereen (foot)

Questionable:

Cornerback Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring)

Tight end Daniel Fells (shin)

Offensive lineman Nick McDonald (shoulder)

Cornerback Sterling Moore (knee)

Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer (back)

Probable:

Safety Patrick Chung (shoulder)

Narag

I'm just mad Goodell hasn't suspended Urlacher for injuring himself.

It's happened before, it'll happen again!!

The season might be even more entertaining if we just blame Goodell for anything and everything. Power going out in SF last year? Damn that Goodell. Ike Taylor getting burned by Demaryius Thomas? Maybe if Goodell had intervened Tebow's dad wouldn't have. Brian Griese tripping on his dog? Sure it's before Goodell's tenure as commissioner but we can't rule out the possibility of him possessing a time machine.

The season might be even more entertaining if we just blame Goodell for anything and everything. Power going out in SF last year? Damn that Goodell. Ike Taylor getting burned by Demaryius Thomas? Maybe if Goodell had intervened Tebow's dad wouldn't have. Brian Griese tripping on his dog? Sure it's before Goodell's tenure as commissioner but we can't rule out the possibility of him possessing a time machine.

Goodell hurt Peytons neck.

Striker said:
Locklear played RT in Seattle because of Walter Jones. I'm not familiar with what he did in Washington, right tackle I presume?

He's not much of a run blocker, but he has been pretty solid pass protecting. It's just Diehl is so bad and I don't think the Giants like Beatty on the RT and LT fits him better anyways.
He played right tackle in Seattle and was then moved to left tackle to replace Walter Jones (correction) when he injured his knee in '08. He struggled and was moved back to right tackle. He then went to Washington where he played.....right tackle.

Frankly, to hell with run blocking at this point - let's keep Eli alive and upright. I'll take that over poor run blocking and HORRID pass protection that Diehl gives us. Beatty is our LT of the future. Let's give him that opportunity (and he played well in pass pro last year when he was there, too).

Top Bottom