• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

UberTag

Yeah, I haven't been to too many stadiums but I'd imagine that Bills games are some of the few where you can park in some random dude's yard for cheap. One of the Ralph's' many minor charms.
Of course you can park in random dude's yard for cheap.
It's not like Orchard Park has anything else going on.
That place revels in its 7 home games/year. (Plus, the one preseason game that means nothing.)
Game Day is pay day for Ma and Pa.

OR.... you can pay two to three times as much to NOT tailgate and get swindled on parking for their one home game in sterile Toronto... the worst city on the planet to watch a non-MMA/wrestling sporting event.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If you haven't already, make sure to check out the google home page.

Also, I come bearing gifts.
imager.php

Bowser

On a side note, I'm not seeing why all these analysts love the Bucs this season (well, it's mostly Grantland people). Simmons and Cousin Sal have them at 9-7 and Barnwell has them at 10-6 and playoffs. I'll wear an avatar of DM's choosing through the entirety of the playoffs (already have an offseason bet going) if they make it to the playoffs.

I'm glad this means Scott Fujita can play again. Dude is getting older and he deserves to play out the last bit of his career without this bullshit. Anthony also has had a rough enough life and career. He turned it around so I hope he signs with somebody too.

Our D actually played (slightly) better when he got hurt last year, lol. But we're super thin at LB right now so it cant hurt.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If I'm not mistaken that is Kevin James.

Which also explains why the gif isn't funny.

That hurts, Fox31337.

On a side note, I'm not seeing why all these analysts love the Bucs this season (well, it's mostly Grantland people). Simmons and Cousin Sal have them at 9-7 and Barnwell has them at 10-6 and playoffs. I'll wear an avatar of DM's choosing through the entirety of the playoffs (already have an offseason bet going) if they make it to the playoffs.

I trust their opinions even less than I do most of the ones on gaf. At least here, I have a pretty good understanding of who pays attention and who does not. Put your mind at ease, the Bucs suck.

Sure, do it in Baltimore where people care. Otherwise, nobody else really cares much from what I take of it.

Well, if you dont know, the Browns didnt want to do anything and werent planning on it. Today the NFL is mandating that they do. They know exactly whats going to happen here. Almost like they WANT a spectacle. Well, theyre going to get one.

i'm watching NFC Playbook on nfln and learned the following information:

1. bucs defense is going to be dominant
2. russell wilson is the greatest QB in NFL history, tied with cam newton
3. mcribb is still bitter at the redskins
4. the cardinals are the worst team in NFL history, will get blown out by the seahawks and will go 0-16
5. cedric benson is a top 5 RB in the nfl
6. the vikings are drastically better than the jags. the vikings maybe a powerhouse!

squicken

Russell Wilson is the best QB to ever play in the NFCW. I know this b/c I saw him do real well against a bunch of backups and a Chiefs defense that got embarrassed by Sam Bradford

Russell Wilson is the best QB to ever play in the NFCW. I know this b/c I saw him do real well against a bunch of backups and a Chiefs defense that got embarrassed by Sam Bradford

agreed. wilson showed me everything i needed to see in the pre-season. on time he scrambled for 20 yards or so. are you kidding me! first this guy completed a pass, and then later in the game he fucking ran the ball! how can you stop him??

The fuck?

Fatboy throws up a few tacos, they trade in Youngry for T.B.A. and they're suddenly a playoff team?

Nope. Bucs will be lucky to make it to 6-10 let alone 10-6.

The Bills are the best team in New York.

They're definitely the best team in Canada.

squicken

agreed. wilson showed me everything i needed to see in the pre-season. on time he scrambled for 20 yards or so. are you kidding me! first this guy completed a pass, and then later in the game he fucking ran the ball! how can you stop him??

Well if you are Arizona you put your lock down CB Patrick Peterson on every WR and then spy him with 8 guys. Take your chances with Skittles and hope for the best

Cagey

Banned
The Bills are the best team in New York.

Toronto is in New York?

EDIT:

The fuck?

Fatboy throws up a few tacos, they trade in Youngry for T.B.A. and they're suddenly a playoff team?

Nope. Bucs will be lucky to make it to 6-10 let alone 10-6.

As a Rutgers alum, I buy into the Schiano improvement factor. Not because Schiano's a great coach (he's a great recruiter, a pretty good DC, and a shit gameday coach). Instead from a personality and coaching style standpoint, Schiano is Jim Harbaugh: Jersey Edition. The disciplinarian-following-clownshoes cycle with coaches would suggest the new regime gets more wins out of the team. Morris was brutal and the team clearly quit on him. Now there's a loud, charismatic, borderline psychotic taskmaster in charge. That works initially.

I also think he's gone in four years tops.

Narag

I hope the competition committee gets involved here. This sounds so unfair for the rest of the league that rules ought to be amended.

Sterling Sharpe: It doesn't matter if Stafford throws for 700 or 7,000 yards per game! It's about winning!

so staffords range on a per game basis is 700 (lowest yardage total) to 7,000 yards (his ceiling). if he reaches his ceiling, he will throw for 112,000 yards this year, which is appox 40,000 yards more than the all-time NFL career leader in passing

god bless you sterling sharpe

Sterling Sharpe: It doesn't matter if Stafford throws for 700 or 7,000 yards per game! It's about winning!

so staffords range on a per game basis is 700 (lowest yardage total) to 7,000 yards (his ceiling). if he reaches his ceiling, he will throw for 112,000 yards this year, which is appox 40,000 yards more than the all-time NFL career leader in passing

god bless you sterling sharpe

7000 yards in one game will happen before 6000 yards in one season.

-Sterling Sharpe

BTW, what's the story behind the new tag?

Top Bottom