• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Milchjon

XSv0T.jpg

This is truly amazing.

squicken

If he throws for a another shitty season the Rams got to move on right?

He's got $8m guaranteed next year but that's it. He can be cut or traded with no extra bonus acceleration. With two #1s, figure they'll use one on a QB

Squicken, were you ever actually happy watching any team of yours?

I haven't rooted for an NFL team with a winning record since 1993.

squicken were old enough to enjoy the bills come back?

Besides deaths and illnesses of loved ones, this is pretty close to one of the worst memories of my life

Manus

Cannot wait for kickoff! Got one TV showing Redzone and another TV will be flipping back and forth from other games.

jakncoke

Banned
That injury to the Tulane safety yesterday was fucking scary, though. I hope we'll get through the day without any major injuries.

later in the day a arkansas dude was carted off for basically the same thing, not as severe as getting a traech on the field though

Levyne

Banned
That injury to the Tulane safety yesterday was fucking scary, though. I hope we'll get through the day without any major injuries.

Didn't hear about this. Yeah let's hope we don't see anything even close to that.

Concussions can sometimes (seemingly) be hard to empathize with. Sometimes the player will seem mostly fine but then he sits out and the concussion words show up. My little brother got a concussion off of a playground accident when he was 3. He ended up sleeping for like 36 hours (closest I've ever been to knowing someone in a coma) and when he woke up he had to relearn how to walk and talk. Some of the saddest and scariest stuff there is, imo.

As violent as this game is, the injury that Tulane safety had is nothing more than a freak accident. It's the sort of thing that could happen in any contact sport.

A tragic and unfortunate accident.

Milchjon

A broken next and collapsed lung being equated to a concussion. This is pretty much exactly what i tired of.

That wasn't my intention.

I guess overall, I'm just still not really comfortable with the amount of injuries in football. I'm a [word redacted for fear of banning], I guess.

As violent as this game is, the injury that Tulane safety had is nothing more than a freak accident. It's the sort of thing that could happen in any contact sport.

A tragic and unfortunate accident.

Sure. It still can damage the amount of fun I have when watching football.

But only for a limited amount of time. Then I forget all about it like the true football fan I am.

Slo

With a bar set sow low its going to be really hard for me to be disappointed.

Skol Vikings!

VIKEBIKE!

I'm so happy to have another Vikes fan show up reliably through an entire offseason. I'm going to go ahead an move you up the Vikes GAF depth chart. You've earned it.

eznark

Banned
Didn't hear about this. Yeah let's hope we don't see anything even close to that.

Concussions can sometimes (seemingly) be hard to empathize with. Sometimes the player will seem mostly fine but then he sits out and the concussion words show up. My little brother got a concussion off of a playground accident when he was 3. He ended up sleeping for like 36 hours (closest I've ever been to knowing someone in a coma) and when he woke up he had to relearn how to walk and talk. Some of the saddest and scariest stuff there is, imo.

Ya my daughter had a concussion earlier this year and stumbled about and puked a few times. Obviously it scared me but she was fine. Your brothers sound loke more severe brain trauma than a generic concussion.

I've had four diagnosed and as far as i can tell the only thing i lost was my ability to empathize. It was worth it!

Top Bottom