• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

That wasn't my intention.

I guess overall, I'm just still not really comfortable with the amount of injuries in football. I'm a [word redacted for fear of banning], I guess.

I get you.

I played football growing up, I received a lot of injuries (broken fingers, torn rotator cuff, hundreds of deep bruises, residual knee damage) and I wouldn't trade the experience ever.

With that said, I don't know if I would let my children play the sport over other options. It sounds so hypocritical in my head but I can't shake it.

TheFatOne

One year ago, on the opening Monday night matchup between the Miami Dolphins and New England, Patriots Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins tore his right anterior cruciate ligament, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Not only did Mankins finish the Monday night game, he finished the season, becoming one of the rare, if not the only, players to have played an entire 16-game season with a torn ACL.

Mankins' problems only multiplied in the playoffs. In the Patriots' postseason win over the Denver Broncos, Mankins tore the medial collateral ligament in his left knee, leading him to play the Super Bowl against the New York Giants with torn ligaments in each knee.

But when Mankins goes up against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, it will be six months since he underwent surgery on his torn ACL and one year since he suffered the injury.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...and-patriots-logan-mankins-played-11-torn-acl

After reading this article I take back anything I ever said about Logan Mankins last season. If this is true the man is just unreal. It would explain why he was off last season.

jakncoke

Banned
I get you.

I played football growing up, I received a lot of injuries (broken fingers, torn rotator cuff, hundreds of deep bruises, residual knee damage) and I wouldn't trade the experience ever.

With that said, I don't know if I would let my children play the sport over other options. It sounds so hypocritical in my head but I can't shake it.

what you want them to play soccer or tennis ? :me

eznark

Banned
I get you.

My kids will play the holy trinity of baseball hockey and football(soccer or track for my daughter) or they are getting shipped to boarding school.

buffalodead.jpg

LEGGO JETS

Milchjon

On the other hand, you don't need contact sports for injuries. I never played one, and I still managed to get two concussions, three broken arms and a broken clavicle. Shit happens, I guess.

At least now I have something to blame my memory and focus problems on :jnc

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Do we have any WRs other than Steve Smith?

I only remember believing in Dwayne Jarrett. :|

JaMarco

After reading this article I take back anything I ever said about Logan Mankins last season. If this is true the man is just unreal. It would explain why he was off last season.
Haha, as soon as I heard this I was thinking of you ripping Mankins all last season. Guy is one tough SOB.

Top Bottom