• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Not a good day for TE celebrations.

idx3R0IDolz5N.gif

ibpn5AX4RRZqHU.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
He has a noodle arm. I know your schaub fan number 1, but if you watch its not hard to see. When was the last time youve seen a WR run under a schaub pass and into the endzone I.e. AJ? I bet you can't remember because he's always having to stop and come back to get the ball. That's a fact.
Yea not exactly the day to bring this up. He did it once yesterday. The fade route to AJ. It could have actually been 2 more times if Jean holds onto the ball in the end zone and the long pass that Andre caught the DB pushed him out of bounds at like the 4 yard line.

I am fine with the deal . It's not like he is going to lose a step over the next 5 years...that's pretty hard to do when you don't have one in the first place. And he's not a dumb qb. I just question his ability to stay healthy and he has yet to prove to me he can get it done in a close game.
do you want to rephrase this? to something like "he cant get it done in the playoffs" which seems to be the common hit against him, even though he's never been to the playoffs.

otherwise. 2010: week 2 texans redskins 30-27 in overtime. Not to mention a ridiculous comeback because the defense was awful.
week 6 texans 35 chiefs 31. yet another one he had to pull a comeback out of his ass cause the defense was terrible.
2009: week 2 texans titans 34-31
week 7 texans 49ers 24-21

etc etc.
Yes he's also blown some games, couple years ago against the cardinals, couple years ago against the ravens in OT(but he also lead a ridiculous 2nd half come back, and a couple of 99 yard drives against a damn good defense)
But so has every other QB in the league. Just yesterday Brees and Rodgers threw pretty damaging 4th quarter interceptions during their attempted come backs.

Mrbob

I wonder how Knox will be utilized once he is back.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if he is back this season. I hope he comes back, though. Knox makes a really nice 2 or 3, and could play well opposite of Bmarsh. Although Alshon Jeffery has been coming on strong since preseason and continued week 1.

Crisco said:
, that was a text book spread formation, QB draw play. The receivers on the right side were obviously not expecting him to pass. Look at Steve Smith skip off the line.
Yeah, you're right. I was looking at Newton selling it more than anything. 83 sort of sits flat and doesn't do much on it. The pressure up the middle blew it up.

Smokey

Yea not exactly the day to bring this up. He did it once yesterday. The fade route to AJ. It could have actually been 2 more times if Jean holds onto the ball in the end zone and the long pass that Andre caught the DB pushed him out of bounds at like the 4 yard line.

do you want to rephrase this? to something like "he cant get it done in the playoffs" which seems to be the common hit against him, even though he's never been to the playoffs.

otherwise. 2010: week 2 texans redskins 30-27 in overtime. Not to mention a ridiculous comeback because the defense was awful.
week 6 texans 35 chiefs 31. yet another one he had to pull a comeback out of his ass cause the defense was terrible.
2009: week 2 texans titans 34-31
week 7 texans 49ers 24-21

etc etc.
Yes he's also blown some games, couple years ago against the cardinals, couple years ago against the ravens in OT(but he also lead a ridiculous 2nd half come back, and a couple of 99 yard drives against a damn good defense)
But so has every other QB in the league. Just yesterday Brees and Rodgers threw pretty damaging 4th quarter interceptions during their attempted come backs.

Cmon bruh that fade pass was from deep in the red zone. His short to medium range game is fine. His longball is not I don't care what he did in one game yesterday versus the previous 4 seasons.

That ravens game will forever stay in my mind. Also forgot the genius decision against the raiders last year. How about that game against the saints too?

He's an above average qb and that's fine, nothing wrong with that!

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, you're right. I was looking at Newton selling it more than anything. 83 sort of sits flat and doesn't do much on it. The pressure up the middle blew it up.

Stupid Saints D would/will fall for it.
I just kept shaking my head at how many times they bit on THE SAME PLAY ACTION on Sunday. Over and over again. It was fucking maddening.

squicken

I had no idea Grimes was on a Franchise tender. Players are never the same after an achilles. That will cost him tens of millions of dollars

squicken

eznark and his band of incompetent officials might cost the packers the division

With 2 minutes 45 seconds to play, Rams quarterback Sam Bradford scrambled out of the pocket and slid feet first near the St. Louis sideline, in-bounds. A television copy of the game broadcast showed no official signal time out, yet the game clock was stopped at 2:38.

After a few seconds, line judge Shannon Eastin signaled that the game clock was to be re-started, but by the time this actually happened, about 7 seconds had gone by.

Even though the clock was mistakenly stopped at 2:38 the 40-second play clock somehow was running before that stoppage because Rams coach Jeff Fisher had to use a timeout at 2:03 to avoid getting a delay of game penalty.

Had the clock reached 2 minutes as it apparently should have, Fisher could've run the ensuing third-down play after the 2-minute warning, instead of before. Had that been the case, Detroit coach Jim Schwartz would've had to use his last timeout before Greg Zuerlein's 46-yard field goal _ which gave the Rams' a 23-20 lead _ or lose 30-plus seconds of clock time.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...1-a77c-001a4bcf6878.html#.UE46c3kGfnw.twitter

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cutler is such a baller

ibftFzG4IAjtCi.gif

That was a beautiful pass but let's be honest--the Colts are fielding an FCS secondary right now. They were terrible yesterday. There were open receivers all over the field. It looked like the Lions secondary in 2008 (and 2009, 2010, 2011...).

Seda

It'd be great if every opponent's best pass rusher was injured in the first quarter going forward.

(I'm being facetious, I don't actually wish for people to get injured)

eznark

Banned
It'd be great if every opponent's best pass rusher was injured in the first quarter going forward.

(I'm being facetious, I don't actually wish for people to get injured)

Yeah, Freeney as dictating that entire first quarter. Guy was beasting.

Claymaker time.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ice Cube, self-appointed "President of Raider Nation," to perform at game:

You can tell there is caution in Ice Cube's voice.

"We got to 8-8 last year. I'm hoping for 9-7 this year. [Pause, pause, pause.] Maybe 10-6. OK, that's a dream. [Pause, pause.] Now 9-7 is [pause] doable."

With the Raiders opening Monday night against the San Diego Chargers, Ice Cube -- who has dubbed himself "The President of the Raider Nation" -- will be there rooting on his team.

"The regime has changed. It's a merry-go-round once again," Ice Cube said. "We'll see. Once again, it's a work in progress."

Ice Cube will perform his Raiders anthem, "Come and Get Some," as part of the Pepsi NFL anthem project, at Oakland Coliseum.

"To be honest with you, when I started with N.W.A, I thought I'd be strictly underground forever," Ice Cube said. "But it's been cool. I've been in this music game for more than 20 years, and I get to hang with the contemporary artists and do stuff like this."

Top Bottom