• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Milchjon

bo53v.jpg

All joking mods. I get that your job is thankless

I ain't no Innegan. Reported.

:jnc

Minnesota failed to sell out for the first time in 14 years on Sunday. "sellout" is kind of a bullshit term and we still had over 90% but it still sucks.

Can't blame folks though, rebuilding team and a shit stadium that won't be around in a year aren't great sellers.

The stadium looked pretty loud and full though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was looking into seeing the Packers play the Texans this year but it's several hundred dollars per ticket and that's not counting parking.

I think I'll just save money for a pilgrimage to the motherland at some point in the future.

Dutch Patriot said:
How much will those set you back?
Depends. For the Bucs game, Lower end sideline behind the goal posts will run between $159 all the way up to $350 depending on which mezzanine you're on.

Lower sideline behind the Giants bench $250-$350.

"Cheapie" tickets at the top level mezzanine run about $119-$150.

"Coaches club" tickets right behind the Giants bench $650-$1300.

EDIT: I bought tickets to go to the Ravens/Giants game in Baltimore for my wife and I. Lower sideline behind the goal post ended up costing a little over $300 for both tickets.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I guess I should clarify that the tickets sold at the box office are sold out pretty far in advance so if you wanted to get tickets a month or so in advance, it seems like you have to go to the secondary market and pay a small fortune.

Milchjon

Considering I pay 11,50€ to see First Division football (soccer) here in Germany seeing prices like this is completly insane.

You'd have to pay me to make me watch soccer, though. So it kinda makes sense.

Also, soccer games are pretty much ubiquitous. You can watch your Bundesliga team about 571 times per year, so it's less exclusive.

Talon

How many games per season do they play in that "sport"
Domestic League: 18 teams. Home and away for everyone, so you have 17 home games.
Domestic Cup: Depends how far you get.
Champions League/Euro league Football/You suck and don't get any: 0-10+ games, depending on the tourney and how far you get.

And so forth.

eznark

Banned
I guess I should clarify that the tickets sold at the box office are sold out pretty far in advance so if you wanted to get tickets a month or so in advance, it seems like you have to go to the secondary market and pay a small fortune.

Getting Packers tickets is a fucking bitch because teams know they draw so well. The Colts didn't sell them as a single game at all, you had to either buy season tickets or buy a package with the Bengals pre-season game. Garbagio. I ended up just buying them from StubHub. Best part is the Colts suck so I actually got them for face value anyway.

elkayes

How many games per season do they play in that "sport"

34, so 17 home games. + eventual national/international competitions.

I get why nfl tickets are more expensive. Less games, more fans per team etc. pp.

still paying 12000 a year just for the right to buy a ticket for 200 eight times a year is ridiculous.

bionic77

Ugh I was looking at our schedule again. With the Redskins being legit and Oakland and Dallas potentially not being garbage it is looking worse than I expected.

I almost want to say this game against the Jets is a must win.

For the record, I hate the PSL shit the new stadiums do but I always laugh at people complaining about NFL ticket prices. Do a stubhub search for one of the big NCAA teams for a "rivalry" game, talk about absurd!

eznark

Banned
For the record, I hate the PSL shit the new stadiums do but I always laugh at people complaining about NFL ticket prices. Do a stubhub search for one of the big NCAA teams for a "rivalry" game, talk about absurd!

Pft, I got tickets to the Wisconsin @ IU football game just by calling the ticket office and asking if I could have a couple.

No joke. I've never felt so bad for a sports team.

cajunator

Banned
I havent had blood sausage but boudin is probably a million times better.
They do have some recipes for blood sausage around here but its not very popular.

Top Bottom