• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

squicken

To be fair, for all you know they might have had that many guys down there to cover Tony Scheffler moreso than CJ, he's right in that same area. After last year, I'm sure they feared the demoralizing touchdown dance he no-doubt had in store for them.

They doubled Megatron right from the start. Dunbar had Smith but he too drifted to the endzone worried about CJ. That's the thing about Stafford. How good is he vs how good does Megatron make him look?

That's why Steve Young's comments are so silly. We know what Alex Smith is. We've seen enough of his career with different people to know that where he is now, vs where he was previously, is the Harbaugh difference.

Rams fans are mad about the botched clock, but they are doing it wrong. It was a godsend b/c they got to evaluate Bradford in a pressure situation. More important than some meaningless win in a lost season

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
THIS is what a poor reffing crew can do for your team.

Except for the fact that on the video Raiola was only 1 yard downfield, which is allowed. The picture took place well after the ball was thrown.

• Reebok
    • Authentic
    • Premeire
    • Replica
  • Nike
    • Elite Authentic
    • Limited Jersey
    • Game Replica

Replica I think? It's the only one on the jaguars site besides the authentic. It's gotta be nike since I remember the other listed limited jersey and I had no clue what that meant. I wish they had an authentic Jones drew for 50% off like Gabbert's is. I would buy that in a second. :(

Flacco 2012 about to be released. More no huddle, more control of the offense, more facial hair! I have faith in Flacco!

I'll be back to my old self if he comes out flat tonight

Godslay

Banned
Im kind of sad that the Broncos took Tracy Porter from us and put him on the same team as Manning. I guess he's happy that now he will never have to be intercepted by that guy again, except maybe in practice. It would also explain why our secondary is suddenly shit again (it was slightly less than shit before but now its full on SHIT)

It's rumored that Porter was pursued second only to Manning. He played very well last night, and if it holds up he's going to be a great compliment to Champ.

Broncos have a new backup QB: Caleb Hanie!

Hey now, let's not advertise this shit to the world.

Edit: Happy Birthday Dutch. Getting hit by a car and surviving to 20 is an admirable feat.

see5harp

They doubled Megatron right from the start. Dunbar had Smith but he too drifted to the endzone worried about CJ. That's the thing about Stafford. How good is he vs how good does Megatron make him look?

That's why Steve Young's comments are so silly. We know what Alex Smith is. We've seen enough of his career with different people to know that where he is now, vs where he was previously, is the Harbaugh difference.

Rams fans are mad about the botched clock, but they are doing it wrong. It was a godsend b/c they got to evaluate Bradford in a pressure situation. More important than some meaningless win in a lost season

That's ridiculous. Alex Smith had guys like Gore and Vernon Davis but he also had a lack of talent on the O-line. He was taking sacks before but it's obvious he's making a lot less mistakes now. On top of all of that the system was changing constantly. He's playing better now than he ever was when he was expected to throw 300 yards and 4 TD's. I think he realized that it was better to play it safe and give your team a chance to win. I think guys that used to put a huge importance on stats and TDs like Vernon now realize that winning feels a helluva lot better than losing. I'm not saying it's all Alex, the play calling has gotten much more conservative and you can afford to play possum when you can count on a defense that good. Alex has been playing really good though. He was really accurate last night when he needed to be.

GQman2121

Banned
Just left the tailgate to head to the bar. Only in Baltimore are the tailgates held in between the stadium and an elementary school and under the freeway.

Doorman

I was actually thinking about this earlier today, and I suppose that the conclusion I came to is that ultimately they work as a combination. It goes without saying that Stafford probably wouldn't be as successful without Calvin, as he can open holes for other receivers (see the picture a page ago), but at the same time I think that Matt does have a lot of talent. CJ has the ability to jump up and catch a ball in triple coverage (see also: Lions vs. Cowboys 2011), but not every quarterback can make the sort of throw that allows for that, and there is more to Stafford and the offense than just the "throw jump-balls to Megatron" approach.

After all, if all it took was a fantastic receiver and a mediocre quarterback, then why haven't the likes of Leinart, Kolb, and Skelton found any success with a "throw jump balls to Larry Fitzgerald" approach? And why has Calvin Johnson only made that step up to being recognized as one of the league's greatest weapons after Stafford developed and stayed healthy last season? He didn't have anything close to that level of success with Kitna or Culpepper or even Shaun Hill. Calvin makes Matt better, and vice-versa. And when the two of them click, the rest of the offense opens up immensely.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The hell is going on in the left side of this pic?

ErQzo.jpg

Also, to compare with last year:

rLdZj.gif

ibpn5AX4RRZqHU.gif

Guess the Packers secondary is more tiring to run against than the Saints.

Top Bottom