• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

cajunator

Banned
oh for sure. It's a clown show. But the owner is very hands off and likes to turn things over to established guys. He wants Fisher to be the Rams Arsene Wegner

Making the choice without having all the information you want is what makes it an interesting hypothetical

Making the choice without having ANY information is what makes it a stupid decision.

K-19

Banned
Luck is a certainly a good QB, but the o-line of his team not gonna help him to show his best. If I was a GM i would take risk, risk is part of the job like we say.

So I have a hypothetical based off of Grantland's thing last week. If you are the hypothetical GM(s) involved, would you trade the following guys straight up for Andrew Luck? Age and contract do matter

Eli Manning
Big Ben
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Tom Brady

The only "no" on that list is Rodgers, and I still have to think about it b/c of the age difference and payday he has coming

Out of love and respect for Tom I would say no, but if you look at what he might bring over the next decade compared to Tom, he might have the upside. Although if Tom really can play for 5 more years...

Ænima

My Rams affiliation was/is entirely Bradford based. If/when he has washed out, I'm out. Fisher's not bad. Above average. Never could get the elite QB after McNair and always had to deal with Peyton.

I would have preferred an offensive guy, but they were sick of first year coaches. After they fired Spags, that very day, Long, Lauranitis and Bradford went to the owner and begged him to hire Fisher
What exactly are you waiting on then? I think it is pretty obvious at this point that Bradford's college success was just a product of OU's system and talent level. He will never be anything special in the NFL.

oh for sure. It's a clown show. But the owner is very hands off and likes to turn things over to established guys. He wants Fisher to be the Rams Arsene Wegner

so why did he need grampsford and his club of draft disappointments begging him to sign fisher?

I would trade any of those guys for Luck. I would trade any player in the league for Luck though.

kevinkolbpress.jpg

you broke his heart yankee. you broke his heart

squicken

Ænima;41717995 said:
What exactly are you waiting on then? I think it is pretty obvious at this point that Bradford's college success was just a product of OU's system and talent level. He will never be anything special in the NFL.

When Bradford plays with confidence he is very good. Much better than just a game manager type. He's played two years under one of the worst head coaches and personnel evaluators in the history of the NFL. If someone gets his head right, he can be a good player, though that's pretty unlikely

When Bradford plays with confidence he is very good. Much better than just a game manager type. He's played two years under one of the worst head coaches and personnel evaluators in the history of the NFL. If someone gets his head right, he can be a good player, though that's pretty unlikely

what the fuck, when has he EVER shown that he can be an above average QB in the NFL? he has had maybe 1 or 2 games where he has looked above average in his career. if you're going to make this case for bradford, you can make it for just about any QB in the history of the league.

give alex smith a $100 mil contract extension! one time he single handedly led his team to a playoff victory against the vaunted new orleans saints defense!

squicken

so why did he need grampsford and his club of draft disappointments begging him to sign fisher?

In this case they were all on the same page. Also, the club president's dad is Fisher's agent.

And you'll enjoy this FMT. The Rams have Marty Schottenheimer's son as OC, Fisher's son (DB assistant coach) is also on staff. Dave McGinnis (Assistant HC) and his son (ST assistant coach) are both coaches. Blake Williams, Gregg Williams' son, is a LB coach and possibly calling the defense. Jim Fassel's son John is the ST coordinator. Family affair

what the fuck, when has he EVER shown that he can be an above average QB in the NFL? he has had maybe 1 or 2 games where he has looked above average in his career. if you're going to make this case for bradford, you can make it for just about any QB in the history of the league.
!

So if this is true, then I guess everyone would rather have Alex as their QB over Bradford?

Yeah but now his offensive coordinator is Brian Schottenheimer, not exactly a highly regarded OC after his stint with the Jets. I mean that is of course if Bradford enjoys screen plays on 3rd and 15.

RBH

Ryan Mathews (shoulder) said there's no plan for when he'll start taking contact. "I just got to wait."
http://twitter.com/UTgehlken/statuses/242720076812386304

Q: If Adrian Peterson does enough to be cleared to play Sunday, what is your comfort level with how many carries he’ll have?

Leslie Frazier: "We wouldn’t want to approach it, for sure, if he makes it back with the mindset that he has gone through an entire offseason with his teammates. We recognize if he’s able to get in this first ball game, it’ll be with limited exposure. We’ll talk about it as the week goes on and see how he’s doing and if it’s even a valuable option to let him play."
http://www.vikings.com/news/article...tember-3/43e6d1ff-5920-45d4-ba6b-2514a72aeb19

Yeah but now his offensive coordinator is Brian Schottenheimer, not exactly a highly regarded OC after his stint with the Jets. I mean that is of course if Bradford enjoys screen plays on 3rd and 15.

1. maybe the jets held shotty back. look at how god awful they look without him now
2. bradford would love screens on 3rd and 15. dude has a noodle arm

give alex smith a $100 mil contract extension! one time he single handedly led his team to a playoff victory against the vaunted new orleans saints defense!

FMT is being extremely nice to even make that statement. Bradford is a pile of shit, he would make a far better armchair QB then an on field one.

1. maybe the jets held shotty back. look at how god awful they look without him now
2. bradford would love screens on 3rd and 15. dude has a noodle arm

Well tbh I didn't think Sparano was that much of an upgrade. I was desperately hoping for Todd Haley to come in as the OC, esp since I think that would have been a boost for Sanchez. Nope. Scoring field goals all season it is then.

squicken

FMT is being extremely nice to even make that statement. Bradford is a pile of shit, he would make a far better armchair QB then an on field one.

I mean this is some crazy hyperbole. The Cards' QBs are garbo. Same awful OL as the Rams but can't even get Fitz the ball.

bionic77

there ain't NOTHIN' wrong with that!

10466067-large.jpg
FMT is right. The Niners won 13 games and were one or two 3rd down completions from playing in the SB and they did it with punts and field goals and a qb who the coach literally had by the balls.

With Tebow massive hands maybe the Jets can do the same in the AFC. ESPN might have to hire 100 more writers if that happens though. And if Tebow wins it all they will have to name the city after him.

FMT is right. The Niners won 13 games and were one or two 3rd down completions from playing in the SB and they did it with punts and field goals and a qb who the coach literally had by the balls.

With Tebow massive hands maybe the Jets can do the same in the AFC. ESPN might have to hire 100 more writers if that happens though. And if Tebow wins it all they will have to name the city after him.

there will be two cities: Tebow City and New Tebow City

squicken

McIlroy holds on. Damn golf is finally getting good again. More than one great player now and a deep field that isn't scared.

I mean this is some crazy hyperbole. The Cards' QBs are garbo. Same awful OL as the Rams but can't even get Fitz the ball.

Who said anything about the cards? We all know skelton and kolb fucking blow.

I'm just hoping you realize that the Rams fucked up on their choice to get Bradford because he will never develop into anything besides a sloppy backup.

green mile was great and i dont give a fuck what anyone else says the planet of the apes with mark wahlberg was good and if you dont agree then you can go to HELL!!

squicken

Who said anything about the cards? We all know skelton and kolb fucking blow.

I'm just hoping you realize that the Rams fucked up on their choice to for Bradford because he will never develop into anything besides a sloppy backup.

I would say that is the likely outcome. He is not good enough to make up for the roster shortcomings there, which a #1 overall should be. If he busts out, that's a pretty damning indictment on Spags. Blew a #2 and a #1 overall.

Mcilroy has owned Woods lately.

I just want it to be competitive. I never understood how the ratings exploded when Tiger was winning some tournament by 20 strokes. I've never seen a more dominant run in sports than he had. But it was also boring as hell. No name after no name would crumble every Sunday. You can count the guys who didn't on one hand.

Now, the field is deep and the best players have to play well to win. That's what I want to see

I would say that is the likely outcome. He is not good enough to make up for the roster shortcomings there, which a #1 overall should be. If he busts out, that's a pretty damning indictment on Spags. Blew a #2 and a #1 overall.

the sentence should have ended at "He is not good enough". that is it, end of story. make all the other roster excuses you want. i have learned over the years that i can make a lot of excuses for alex smith but you know what? he just doesn't have what it takes to be a top QB. i have come to terms with that over the past couple years. he just doesn't have what it takes and it is really on him, just like it is on bradford and david carr and jamarcus russell and all the other #1 disappointments. not say bradford or alex or carr are of jamarcus level shittiness but they all failed to live up to that #1 pick

green mile was great and i dont give a fuck what anyone else says the planet of the apes with mark wahlberg was good and if you dont agree then you can go to HELL!!

Ive never seen the new planet of the apes, I really need too.

I just don't think Bradford is what the rams thought and want him too be. He has the potential but I just don't see the swagger a QB needs to take a team to the playoffs. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Ive never seen the new planet of the apes, I really need too.

I just don't think Bradford is what the rams thought and want him too be. He has the potential but I just don't see the swagger a QB needs to take a team to the playoffs. I hope he proves me wrong though.

the new one with james franco? that one is really good too. i thought it would be complete trash and then it blew my mind

jakncoke

Banned
the new one with james franco? that one is really good too. i thought it would be complete trash and then it blew my mind

yeah same when i first seen the commercial i was like oh great. planet of the apes michael bay style.

also blackghost you silly browns fan. go see it
edit; just thought of something as im watching this. triggered. i seen a old dude drive a 20/30's mail truck around the other day. was pretty cool.

eznark

Banned
Michael Clark Duncan is in Sin City? The only thing I remember from that movie is the midget from Lord of the Rings eats people.

Top Bottom