• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Seda

oooh_1.jpg

Spinluck

Pretty much. It's too early to tell. Here in Denver people are talking Superbowl and I just have to laugh. One week at a time, folks.

Those people need to get their expectations in check, yeah Peyton lit up the Steelers D, but it's week 1. It's too early for that Superbowl or bust mentality, however, if Manning takes them to the playoffs, they should damn well expect a SB. Since he has all the piece around him. But until then, no, lol.

Spinluck

This ain't baseball with like 170 games to rely on. 1 game isn't a deal breaker, but it can still weigh on a team.

I realize you know this, but the reactions are half the from.

I understand, but then you have teams like the Giants and Steelers, who win shit outta no where. And them the 14-2, 13-3, 12-4 teams get dropped in the playoffs. I'm just saying, week 1 is just week 1, mid-season is where playoff talks begin. Whether or not the team is expected to get there or not, we will know by mid-season.

Godslay

Banned
Those people need to get their expectations in check, yeah Peyton lit up the Steelers D, but it's week 1. It's too early for that Superbowl or bust mentality, however, if Manning takes them to the playoffs, they should damn well expect a SB. Since he has all the piece around him. But until then, no, lol.

There's no plan b. When you go out and snag Peyton, it's Superbowl or bust, even at week 1. You don't grab Manning without expectations of at least competing for the Superbowl every year he starts. We went from rebuild mode, to win right now. Even Elway looks at it as a year to year, win right now process with Manning. So in Denver it's not absurd to think this way, even if it might not happen.

Top Bottom