• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

cajunator

Banned
I definitely remember EVERYBODY saying Jimmy Clausen would be laughably shit, and then all proven correct.
Honestly I thought Colt would be a lot better than he turned out to be.

bionic77

i'm in too.

eznark give us some advice on how to be douchebag republicans!
Get rich and covince poor people to vote for lowering taxes on rich people. Do I have it down Eznark?

Oh yeah and also flame fears of immigrants, black people and use people's religion as well.

Should be easy for us NFLers!

I definitely remember EVERYBODY saying Jimmy Clausen would be laughably shit, and then all proven correct.
Honestly I thought Colt would be a lot better than he turned out to be.
I only thought Colt would be good cause I'm a browns fan, but he did look really good in the games he played his rookie year.....we had Hillis though

eznark

Banned
Anything that comes out of Notre Dame is overrated and will fail miserably in the NFL.

CurlyLambeau.jpg

1029_large.jpg

Dumbest post of the year.

cajunator

Banned
I only thought Colt would be good cause I'm a browns fan, but he did look really good in the games he played his rookie year.....we had Hillis though

To be fair, it was before he went to the Browns. He seemed pretty studious and his team was pretty damned good in College. I will admit I didnt watch him all that carefully, so who knows if we have seen the guys ceiling or if its just because hes in a bad playing environment.
I do want the Browns to get good soon though. Competition is always fun. Its not really fair to you fans that the organization is content to put the cheapest product on the field. But I admire the fanbase for sticking with it, although Im not really sure why they do.

Let me rephrase that, anything that comes out of Notre Dame 1960-onward is overrated and will fail miserably in the NFL.

But the Catholic Illuminati will continue to get them ranked T25 every year, no doubt.

Joe Montana. You still fail.

Edit: Beaten as if there was a bounty on me.

cajunator

Banned
I have to admit, I did enjoy the fact that my Saints actively tried to stop opposing offenses with force that year. I kind of hope they will be that brutal/effective this year, although I dont expect it. Just so long as they do it within the rules so we dont have to put up with this stupid bounty shit anymore.

For Week 1, start Antonio Brown and Torrey Smith.
Sorry everyone but since Uber helped the other night with my draft, gotta show him my final team

16 team League, 6pt Tds all around
Qb Rodgers
Rb Trich
Rb McGahee
Wr jordy
Wr lloyd
Wr mike Williams
Te Olsen
D Vikings for first week
K Texans Kicker
Bench: Benson, Lafell, Hillman, rudolph, Russell Wilson, Jaquizz

Godslay

Banned
Isn't McGahee like 86 years old with fake knees?

He will get less carries which helps at his age. The carries he does get will likely be more meaningful due to teams not being able to stack the box like they did last year. I bet if he stays healthy he will get close to or slightly less yards than he had last year, with more touchdowns.

Sorry everyone but since Uber helped the other night with my draft, gotta show him my final team

Robert Turbin is a sleeper in my opinion. If the chance that Lynch is suspended he is the go to back. I think he will have a good year even if Lynch doesn't get suspended. Might pick him up if he's out there.

cajunator

Banned
He will get less carries which helps at his age. The carries he does get will likely be more meaningful due to teams not being able to stack the box like they did last year. I bet if he stays healthy he will get close to or slightly less yards than he had last year, with more touchdowns.

I'm not questioning his ability. He's old, but McGahee is a FUCKING BEAST.

BG I'm disappointed in your lack of Greg Little on that squad.
Nooo Kave! I'm still a huge little fan trust me, I'm just trying to look around at everything that's happening with our team. I'm still optimistic to a point, but if we have a bad season I see no point to not believe Haslam And who ever won't want a new Qb.

Also I'm still better about RG3

Nakazato

So had my draft yesterday

Eli
Rice
Gore
Julio Jones
D.Bowe
Jimmy Graham
Issac Redman (Mendenhall wont be the same a i think redman could be good)
Ravens Ds/t
Stephen Gostkowski

Bench
Dalton
Helu
Reggie Wayne
Denarius Moore
Jared Cook
Falcons D/ST
A.J. Jenkins (had to)

Ive already got a trade offer

Wayne for Harvin and Steward

should I I see this being a sucker trade

Robert Turbin is a sleeper in my opinion. If the chance that Lynch is suspended he is the go to back. I think he will have a good year even if Lynch doesn't get suspended. Might pick him up if he's out there.
I really like Turbin too, I had a debate with myself about drafting him, but I decided it would be better to handicap McGahee

UberTag

16 team League, 6pt Tds all around
Qb Rodgers
Rb Trich
Rb McGahee
Wr jordy
Wr lloyd
Wr mike Williams
Te Olsen
D Vikings for first week
K Texans Kicker
Bench: Benson, Lafell, Hillman, rudolph, Russell Wilson, Jaquizz
That's very solid for a 16-team roster, BlackGhost. Don't expect to be able to get too cute juggling defenses with very few options on the waiver wire.

You got lucky by having Brandon Lloyd slide all the way to the Round 4/5 cutoff. Great value there! You're a little light on receiver depth but that's the one area you should be able to easily make ground on over the course of the year.

Striker

D-Ware on the Giants:
"When you think about when players talk, you got to walk the walk," Ware said in response to Giants linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka's comments to a New York radio station that the Giants have been "whupping" Cowboys owner Jerry Jones for a long time.

"Every year starts off as a different year," Ware continued. "You got to get out there and do the same thing over and over again and be consistent. You know, this year we're a different team and we're going to see how it pans out this year."
7Zpfi.jpg

cajunator

Banned
wasnt long ago you were basically the browns of the south

aints.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIFLNWZBfA

Yes, which is why I have a soft spot for them. This fanbase knows what they are going through very well. Luckily I wasn't into football until 2004, so I didnt have to endure a lot of it before the team improved substantially, but 2004-2005 were a couple rough years and Im not looking forward to our inevitable return to that (unless we get lucky like the Colts and stumble into another franchise QB)
Well to be fair, 2004 wasnt that bad, just typically mediocre. I wasnt watching football for the truly abysmal stuff, but Im sure it will happen again.

That's very solid for a 16-team roster, BlackGhost. Don't expect to be able to get too cute juggling defenses with very few options on the waiver wire.

You got lucky by having Brandon Lloyd slide all the way to the Round 4/5 cutoff. Great value there! You're a little light on receiver depth but that's the one area you should be able to easily make ground on over the course of the year.
Yeah I was looking at waiver wire defenses and kind of worried about matchups, but it's not the bugged deal. I'm just hoping all my Wr stay healthy, and a good amount of Wr I like on the waivers. I'm watching Rod Streater right now
Edit: thinking about trading Williams and another player for a Wr

Top Bottom