• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

squicken

Hypothesis #1: the crackdown on defensive holding/DPI ever since the Colts/Pats clashes never really extended into the postseason. So we have effectively two slightly different rulesets, one for the regular season and one for the playoffs. Different ruleset = different game = regular season is less of an indicator of postseason success now than it ever was.

That's a pretty good point. Offensive holding is basically not called now in the playoffs, so teams with bad offensive lines (Giants, Cardinals, Steelers) that were just able to make the playoffs are more effective than they were in the regular season

kingslunk

Super Bowl winners may be increasingly random but there's a new constant in the land of the NFL. The eventual NFC Champion will defeat the Buffalo Bills during the regular season.

It's happened the past SIX seasons...

Good news for your 49ers & Seahawks fans!

Not really random.

AFC Champions since 2003:

New England Patriots
New England Patriots
Pittsburgh Steelers
Indianapolis Colts
New England Patriots
Pittsburgh Steelers
Indianapolis Colts
Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots

The NFC teams make it random not the AFC teams.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Super Bowl winners may be increasingly random but there's a new constant in the land of the NFL. The eventual NFC Champion will defeat the Buffalo Bills during the regular season.

It's happened the past SIX seasons...

Good news for your 49ers & Seahawks fans!

That's fine. They can beat us in the regular season and take that NFC Championship title. We'll just get our revenge in the Super Bowl!!!!!

UberTag

That's fine. They can beat us in the regular season and take that NFC Championship title. We'll just get our revenge in the Super Bowl!!!!!
0.jpg

bluemax

Banned
To be fair, it was before he went to the Browns. He seemed pretty studious and his team was pretty damned good in College. I will admit I didnt watch him all that carefully, so who knows if we have seen the guys ceiling or if its just because hes in a bad playing environment.
I do want the Browns to get good soon though. Competition is always fun. Its not really fair to you fans that the organization is content to put the cheapest product on the field. But I admire the fanbase for sticking with it, although Im not really sure why they do.

Colt McCoy was a noodle armed pansy in college who played in the pass wacky defense lacking Big12. It's a bad idea to draft a quarterback or wide receiver from the Big12. Especially if they played for Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech or Oklahoma State.

No way the Jets make the playoffs. Rex has lost the locker room already and as soon as they lose to the Bills their locker room will be spectacular.

I can see the Cowboys winning the East if that pre season O Line performance was just more rookie hazing for Romo (he needs to bang two more celebrities until the rest of the team truly see him as a vet).

K-19

Banned
No way the Jets make the playoffs. Rex has lost the locker room already and as soon as they lose to the Bills their locker room will be spectacular.

I can see the Cowboys winning the East if that pre season O Line performance was just more rookie hazing for Romo (he needs to bang two more celebrities until the rest of the team truly see him as a vet).

It would be sad, their coach was funny.

bionic77

2 teams, Broncos (formerly Colts) and Giants.

Broncos are going to be running rough shod over that aged Pittsburgh D this first game! Prep that D for surgery.
Because Peyton is surgical
You should be worried if Harrison plays. We can't get him to understand that the brain is an important part of your body, you think he is going to respect Peyton's gimpy neck?

I would rest Peyton for week 2, when it is safe to come outside again.

eznark

Banned
CHFF: QB wins and losses are meaningless, except for now in this arbitrary time we have determined is clutch! Click meeeeeeeeeeeeee

acksman

I will try to post more in here this season, always been more of a lurker.

For the record, I'm a Cowboys fan. So much, that I did not draft a single Cowboy in any of my 6 Fantasy Leagues.

Tabris

a) James Harrison may not play. He's day to day currently as his knee didn't feel right.
b) I have a feeling refs will be protecting Peyton this year, so any contact after the ball is released may be called. So I would be more worried about the roughing the passer calls.

Milchjon

a) James Harrison may not play. He's day to day currently as his knee didn't feel right.
b) I have a feeling refs will be protecting Peyton this year, so any contact after the ball is released may be called. So I would be more worried about the roughing the passer calls.

Peyton chipping away at what made football football. Again. I see.

Ænima

Hey the password for the pickem leagues is "freeman for all 3", with the spaces correct? I keep getting an error saying wrong password.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ænima;41737814 said:
Hey the password for the pickem leagues is "freeman for all 3", with the spaces correct? I keep getting an error saying wrong password.

lmao. crazy that there are so many people in these things.

bionic77

I am not a doctor but I am pretty sure a flag is not going to heal a broken neck. Especially not a replacement ref flag.

Greg Jennings being a little bitch about not getting his contract. Don't worry, just win us a Super Bowl and then you can be overpaid by someone else next year.

I'm looking for 7 more people for an auto draft standard scoring 10 team espn league. Just for fun, no money. PM me if you want in.

Ænima

Last year I rode the Colts' shittyness to victory in the neogaf survivor pickem. Unfortunately I don't think there is a team in the NFL this year on that level of ineptitude. I mean yeah the Rams, Dolphins, Cards, and Browns all really suck, but they are just not 2011 Colts bad.

eznark

Banned
Ænima;41738572 said:
Last year I rode the Colt's shittyness to victory in the neogaf survivor pickem. Unfortunately I don't think there is a team in the NFL this year on that level of ineptitude. I mean yeah the Rams, Dolphins, Cards, and Browns all really suck, but they are just not 2011 Colts bad.

Cardinals are really, really bad dude.

I like this article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...7067750.html?mod=WSJ_NY_Sports_LEFTTopStories

Coughlin must go. Right?

Don't we do this foolish routine at least once a year? The Giants have a few stumbles and the vultures start swirling, claiming the coach is over the hill. Too old-school. Players can't relate. You know those hip young coaches who walk around, slapping high fives and looking like they want to take everyone out for ice cream socials and go-kart rides?

Coughlin doesn't look like that. Coughlin looks agitated and exasperated, like he wants to kick all of us off his lawn.

So Coughlin must go.

It's the silliest ritual in football. Fans of the New York Football Giants should be thrilled I'm calling for Coughlin's job. By now, isn't this good luck?

Happened before 2007. Happened in 2011. The mob demands: Coughlin Must Go. Let's get Bill Cowher! The mob starts looking for Cowher's jet to land in Newark.

Then Coughlin and the Giants ignore everybody, and plow straight to another Super Bowl.

It's the most beautiful 'Shut Up' in sports.

More at the link.

Top Bottom