• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

MechDX

OLD.NAVY_.texans-306x459.jpg

Won or first championship in 1961. Dat time machine.

bionic77

I can't believe Football is starting tomorrow.

This will be good for my son. He is stuck at home with the wife and sister and he needs this dosage of testosterone. Pat fans in Europe seem to encourage their sons to wear dresses in order to better emulate their qb but I am not down with that. I want my son to be a football loving slob just like me.

MechDX

Yeah, but why would they just toss in a random year and a phantom championship?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8332320/old-navy-t-shirt-gives-1961-afc-title-houston-texans

It was the Houston Oilers, not the Texans of course, that won the 1961 title -- and it was an AFL title. The AFC didn't come into existence until the 1970 merger and several decades later the Oilers moved from Texas to Tennessee and became the Titans. The Texans were an expansion franchise that came into the league in 2002.

bionic77

I picked up Kid Icarus for $15 @ Best Buy today. Weirdly enough I got great customer service.

Any Sony fanboys out there willing to sell me their DS XL for cheap (I am talking about the people crazy enough to buy a console/handheld just to criticize it)? How about $150? I will throw in a bad review for it on Amazon if that will sweeten the pot...

Sanjuro

The Oilers won in 1961 and they played in Houston so they are claiming that championship for the Texans since the Oilers are no more.

Oilers still exist as the Titans. They have all the historical records.

Still absurd. Come on Goodell, Old Navy should be suspended for a season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I picked up Kid Icarus for $15 @ Best Buy today. Weirdly enough I got great customer service.

Any Sony fanboys out there willing to sell me their DS XL for cheap (I am talking about the people crazy enough to buy a console/handheld just to criticize it)? How about $150? I will throw in a bad review for it on Amazon if that will sweeten the pot...

I don't think anybody buys a device just looking to criticize it. I mean that'd be kind of weird.

I bought a 3DS and absolutely hated it after using it for a few weeks. Thing was way too small (both as a system and the pathetic screens) and the games looked like crap. I'll be sticking with iOS and my Vita for my portable gaming.

3DS XL does seem nicer though outside of the hardware issues at launch. I'd probably pick up the all white one if NOA ever decides to stop marketing their device like a fisher price toy.

As much as I hate my 3Ds I am actually thinking about trading it in towards an XL. I really ant to play the new Paper Mario but I dont want to spend another $100 on a system that I really hate so far.

eznark

Banned
I like that even when he is throwing an imaginary football 10 feet he still can't lead his receiver. Brady is completely busted.

bionic77

I don't think anybody buys a device just looking to criticize it. I mean that'd be kind of weird.

I bought a 3DS and absolutely hated it after using it for a few weeks. Thing was way too small (both as a system and the pathetic screens) and the games looked like crap. I'll be sticking with iOS and my Vita for my portable gaming.

3DS XL does seem nicer though outside of the hardware issues at launch. I'd probably pick up the all white one if NOA ever decides to stop marketing their device like a fisher price toy.
Are you new to GAF? This seems to be really common on these threads. I don't go on gaming side as much anymore but I have seen that play out many times, along with people lying about buying something and then lying about selling it because they hated the product.

Offer stands on buying slightly used 3DS XL though. Fuck the OG 3DS. I thought everyone was smart enough to know you should wait for the revision. OG DS sucked too, but the DS Lite is arguably one of the greatest consoles of all time (dat game library).

Are you new to GAF? This seems to be really common on these threads. I don't go on gaming side as much anymore but I have seen that play out many times, along with people lying about buying something and then lying about selling it because they hated the product.

Offer stands on buying slightly used 3DS XL though. Fuck the OG 3DS. I thought everyone was smart enough to know you should wait for the revision. OG DS sucked too, but the DS Lite is arguably one of the greatest consoles of all time (dat game library).

I wanted the badass Zelda system. I should have waited though, I definitely learned that lesson. At least until another company puts out a cool looking system.

cashman

Banned
I'll be honest out of all the NFC east teams, I hate the giants the least. I actually have a decent amount of respect for them.

brentech

Vita was my first jump into portable gaming space in over 2 decades. Literally only had an original gameboy prior to it.
I was iffy going in on it, to be honest, but I use it way more than I ever thought. Play it almost every day.

eznark

Banned
I'll be honest out of all the NFC east teams, I hate the giants the least. I actually have a decent amount of respect for them.

As a Packers fan I feel like I should really, really hate them but I agree with you. I think Coughlin is one of the best coaches of this generation and is criminally underrated. They've lost some really fantastic coordinators and have barely missed a beat.

When the hell does Sly come out? I want to go dust off the Vita, undate the firmware 14 times, have to recharge the batter two or three, install the game, download the game patch, reinstall the game and then play it. Can't wait!

Fox318

I'm waiting to get the Persona system

Persona 4 comes out for Vita in November now!?

As somebody who has never played a persona or Metal Gear game I'm waiting for the vita to dip below $200 before picking it up.

Why didn't they include MGS1 with the collection?

Milchjon

I like that even when he is throwing an imaginary football 10 feet he still can't lead his receiver. Brady is completely busted.

And Sanchez can throw a ball out of the stadium!

Judging a player based on his play in an ad is awesome.

eznark

Banned
As somebody who has never played a persona or Metal Gear game I'm waiting for the vita to dip below $200 before picking it up.

Why didn't they include MGS1 with the collection?

Because they want you to buy the only good game of that series separately for full price. The rest can be bundled and shoveled out.

Sokantish

Hey come on, MGS3 was really good. Depending on the day I consider MGS 3 better than 1... other times 1 is best. I just can't decide

JABEE

Oilers still exist as the Titans. They have all the historical records.

Still absurd. Come on Goodell, Old Navy should be suspended for a season.
Exactly. The implication that the Houston Texans won in 61 is absurd on its own. To also wrongfully take credit for the accomplishments of a franchise that still exist in the NFL is despicable.

Hoping the Giants absolutely destroy the Cowgirls tomorrow.

Oh man, this Sunday is going to be lovely. I'm going to have four games on at once and buy a shitload of wings. Then SUNDAY NIGHT OMGGGG

BigAT

What an impressive resume.
The lead official for the Giants-Cowboys opener will be a replacement ref plucked from ArenaFootball2 and the Frontier Conference of the NAIA, according to a report. Jim Core, whose other job is reportedly activities director at Sawtooth Middle School in Meridian, Idaho, will lead the crew.

I had to look up the Frontier Conference, but it appears that most of the conference members list "Rodeo" as one of their intercollegiate athletic programs.

GQman2121

Banned
The writing was on the wall for McKinnie when he showed up out of shape after collecting that roster bonus.

Anyway, everyone should be playing Sleeping Dogs. It's a contender.....

Hey come on, MGS3 was really good. Depending on the day I consider MGS 3 better than 1... other times 1 is best. I just can't decide

Both in my top five.

Some updates for the game tomorrow:

Giants injuries:

OUT:

Prince Amukamara (CB)
Marvin Austin (DT)
James Brewer (OT)

Questionable:

Will Beatty (OT)
Michael Boley (LB)
Jayron Hosley (CB)
Mathias Kiwanuka (LB)
Hakeem Nicks (WR)
Adrain Tracy (LB)

Probable:

Ahmad Bradshaw (RB)

Cowboys have listed Jason Whitten as DOUBTFUL and Jay Ratliff is OUT.

brentech

UNIT 13 is the surprise hit for me on Vita, really good game play and high score tracking is wonderful if you got some folks on your friend's list with it.

Anyway, everyone should be playing Sleeping Dogs. It's a contender.....
Thinking about grabbing that at some point here.

Sanjuro

Exactly. The implication that the Houston Texans won in 61 is absurd on its own. To also wrongfully take credit for the accomplishments of a franchise that still exist in the NFL is despicable.

If that was the case, I would just absorb all of the Giants four championships.

Top Bottom