• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

JABEE

What an impressive resume.

I had to look up the Frontier Conference, but it appears that most of the conference members list "Rodeo" as one of their intercollegiate athletic programs.
Only the best, because the league believes the player safety and integrity are of the utmost importance to NFL executives.

GQman2121

Banned
Thinking about grabbing that at some point here.

TRU has it as part of their two for $60 promotion this week. I priced matched at Best Buy and got NCAA 13 with it. I then traded NCAA in with them for $38 in Best Buy bucks and put that towards an external HDD that I needed.

eznark

Banned
My apology was sarcastic to begin with.
I can't hate everything as much as you. I'm not a Republican.

I actually think I've liked more Vita games than I have hated. I must be getting soft. I will say this for Unit 13, it is better than Resistance.

Chili

UK-NFL-GAF Rejoice!

Sky Sports has been awarded a new three-year deal for live American Football, providing viewers with over 60 live NFL games a season including the International Series game at Wembley Stadium, the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

The agreement takes the partnership between Sky Sports and the NFL into its 20th year with coverage across TV, mobile, online and tablet devices.

Beginning with Wednesday night's season opening clash between the Dallas Cowboys and Super Bowl champions New York Giants, Sky's coverage for the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons will comprise:

• REGULAR SEASON: Two live prime time fixtures every Sunday kicking off at 6pm and 9.15pm, three Thanksgiving Day clashes, plus regular matches on Thursday nights.

• PLAYOFFS AND SUPER BOWL: Live coverage of every wild card, divisional and Conference Championship playoff match, plus live coverage of the annual season ending Super Bowl.

• SUPPORT PROGRAMMING: The NFL's RedZone score update show every Sunday of the regular season available via the red button, NFL Total Access twice a week and watch out for news of exciting new regular season midweek coverage.

The best part though:

As we have agreed a new deal with Sky there are certain changes to Game Pass:

There will no longer be a six day blackout for games shown on Sky Sports.

There will be a 24 hour blackout for the two games which Sky show.

NFL RedZone will also be available on Game Pass.

Game choices so far:

Sun 9 Sep Indianapolis Colts at Chicago Bears 5.30pm Sky Sports 2HD
Sun 9 Sep San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers 9.15pm Sky Sports 2HD

Sun 16 Sep New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers 5.30pm Sky Sports 3HD
Sun 16 Sep Washington Redskins at St Louis Rams 9.15pm Sky Sports 3HD

And the usual SNF on Channel 4. No Monday Night Football it seems :(

brentech

I'm not even willing to try resistance. I played the demo for resistance 1 and found it a lifeless heap of shit. The sequels basically all look the same to me.

eznark

Banned
I'm not even willing to try resistance. I played the demo for resistance 1 and found it a lifeless heap of shit. The sequels basically all look the same to me.

You should play Resistance Vita just to see how incredibly fucking abysmal a first party product can actually manage to be. It's truly astounding.

Greg

The multiplayer for the first one was incredible for its time.

The Campaign ended up being pretty similar to HL in terms of the pacing/mood, but the other 2 games were more by the numbers except for the gun choices.

Sokantish

I bought Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, they were both so bad. I'd never been so disappointed with two games like that ever. PS3 fanboys talked them up like crazy

brentech

Just can't do it.

I would like to know what your favorite Vita game is though.

I hated Gravity Rush, but forced myself to finish it. Reminded me of the first Assassin's Creed with its repetitiveness only worse, and the game play was almost never fun.

eznark

Banned
^ Mutant Blobs Attack by a mile. Hot Shots Golf is also awesome. Uncharted was way better than I expected. I loved Rayman on the Vita. Gravity Rush was ok, I thought it would really suck based on the demo so I was pleasantly surprised for the first 5 hours but then the game refused to end and the story never actually turned into a story.

I'm stunned to like Sound Shapes. I feel like I am forgetting something. I think I have played all the big releases.
Who should I take in my draft. I have the 2nd pick and i'm leaning towards Rodgers.

Flip a coin then take Tebow.

Wii u for 249.99, who's in?
Day 1

brentech

I bought Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, they were both so bad. I'd never been so disappointed with two games like that ever. PS3 fanboys talked them up like crazy
One thing for kill zone 2 that I really liked was the early level multi player, it was gritty and you had to play it right. Level up a bit and the game went to shit with drones all around and just too much going on.

Went from really good ground combat to total shit storm.

I actually think I've liked more Vita games than I have hated. I must be getting soft. I will say this for Unit 13, it is better than Resistance.

Resistance on the Vita was really good. The controls were great, even the touch controls were well done. The graphics were also really good for a handheld game. The mp was horrible though.

eznark

Banned
^ hahahahaha, oh man. The game was a complete pile of shit. Touch controls were atrocious. Drag your finger over the middle of the screen to throw a grenade, or tag an enemy...or just the instant win.

Why wait! get yourself a roku2 xs,an android tablet, and a scale and start the WiiU experience now!

My Roku doesn't play Zelda, you must have the deluxe edition!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You should play Resistance Vita just to see how incredibly fucking abysmal a first party product can actually manage to be. It's truly astounding.

Only played the demo myself and it is beyond garbage.

Not really a first party product though. Sony gave that garbage to Nihilistic. Can't wait for CoD: Declassified! Honestly feel bad for anybody who buys that crap but if they're a CoD fan they probably deserve it.

eznark

Banned
Why is SI so irrationally high on the Chiefs?! Did they sign talented players over the holiday weekend that I missed?

Dennis Dillon seems confused

Dillon
The NFC North has become the league's best division. Cincinnati will have another solid season with quarterback Andy Dalton and wide receiver A.J. Green, but it won't be enough to edge the Ravens or the Steelers.

Sokantish

Most people have been either picking the Chiefs or Broncos to win the division, I don't know what's going on but the Chiefs have looked terrible. They should be tied for last place with the Raiders

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why is SI so irrationally high on the Chiefs?! Did they sign talented players over the holiday weekend that I missed?

Dennis Dillon seems confused

They were an okay team last year. Charles + Hillis is a massive upgrade over what they had in the backfield last season and if Berry can stay healthy too that'll make a huge difference.

But their QB is still Matt Cassel so yeah.

Fox318

Most people have been either picking the Chiefs or Broncos to win the division, I don't know what's going on but the Chiefs have looked terrible. They should be tied for last place with the Raiders

Chargers will be in last place in the division. Norv will retain his job.

eznark

Banned

Well 8-8 will win the division, but it won't win Coach of the Year awards and like 75% of those clowns picked Crennel.

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/1414/pizza-hut-uses-aaron-rodgers-in-new-ads

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers hasn't done a whole lot of commercials, but he has certainly gotten a lot of attention for his "Discount Double Check" State Farm Insurance ads.

Today, Pizza Hut unveils Rodgers as its new spokesman, a move the pizza brand hopes will steal some thunder away from rival Papa John's, which has the official NFL sponsorship.

In two spots that will air in the season openers this Sunday, Rodgers sits on a couch with two buddies and promotes the $19.99 Big Dinner Box (2 medium pizzas, breadsticks and a choice of pasta, stuffed pizza rollers or wings).

Pepperoni is the most popular topping, followed by sausage. Mushroom is the top veggie topping.

Pizza Hut says Rodgers is a front runner -- his favorite Pizza is pepperoni topped with mushroom.

Maybe if he ate a little better he'd have the conditioning needed to win a few more close games

Top Bottom