• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

brentech

I'm not talking about products, I'm talking about the commercials, and the Pizza Hut one was without any redeeming value, while Brady's at least made me laugh in its awfulness.

See, Freeman gets it. Maybe he can be the next Peyton.
I didn't figure the commercial was on the pages originally. Sucks that he got pushed into Reggie Bush's old role. Pizza hut has some bad commercials.

eznark

Banned
Rodgers is far too arrogant for the Peyton Manning role. Manning can make fun of himself, Rodgers would always have to be the straight man. His Brewers commercials are freaking awesome.

This is gonna be the Dolphins' year, guys.

But seriously, if Tannehill throws one TD against the Texans I'll be happy enough. Those expectations are probably a bit high but it's week 1 so I'm shooting for the stars.

exarkun

I have no idea how the reigning champs aren't number one in the power rankings before the season starts...

GB still doesn't have a running game. And how do they know their defense is better when all we've seen are preseason games. Even vegas has fallen in love with GB. Shit is crazy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I have no idea how the reigning champs aren't number one in the power rankings before the season starts...

GB still doesn't have a running game. And how do they know their defense is better when all we've seen are preseason games. Even vegas has fallen in love with GB. Shit is crazy.

They only won their division by 1 game last year over 2 different teams.

Number one in a power rankings list should at least be a lock to make the playoffs.

Also lol running games.

exarkun

free snes

Lol, they didn't have a running game in 2010 and the Giants didn't have one last year. Welcome to the NFL, you must have been away for the last 5 years.

Giants run game in the playoffs wasn't bad. Pack didn't have one in 2010 and won, but then when everyone realized it they got booted in 2011 when everyone was like "LOL STARKS?".

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
This is gonna be the Dolphins' year, guys.

But seriously, if Tannehill throws one TD against the Texans I'll be happy enough. Those expectations are probably a bit high but it's week 1 so I'm shooting for the stars.

More power to you man! It is Week 1, the week of uncharted hope!

Hell Stephen Hill says the Jets offense is looking to put on a show, I sure hope so and hopefully it is not a laughable one.

If 250 is the real price point for Wii U I'm in

I keep flipping back and forth on the wii-u. I bought the gamecube and wii at launch and hardly played either one. I love the idea of Mario games in HD and I am really hoping they do some 2D Zelda games in HD. I think I might wait though and see what games come out for it.

exarkun

Yes, that's why they lost.

Do you watch football?

Did your team lose last year? Yes, and that was part of the reason. The giants were able to tee-off on Rodgers cause they knew Starks/Grant was gonna either fumble or suck a big one. Which they both did. Even KUUUUUUUUHN fumbled, if you don't remember. I can post the link to the vid if you want.

Did you watch that game or did the shame of getting decimated get to you?

jbug617

Banned
Draft just completed.

My starters are:

Vick
Rice, Sproles
R.White, D.Jackson
A.Hernandez
M.Austin
NYG Defense
M.Bryant

Bench is:
E.Manning
M.Bush, W.McGahee
Boldin, M.Floyd
Fleener

eznark

Banned
Did your team lose last year? Yes, and that was part of the reason. The giants were able to tee-off on Rodgers cause they knew Starks/Grant was gonna either fumble or suck a big one. Which they both did. Even KUUUUUUUUHN fumbled, if you don't remember. I can post the link to the vid if you want.

Did you watch that game or did the shame of getting decimated get to you?

"Even Kuhn" as though he is some sort of decent player? Rodgers played like garbage and missed a number of throws, that's why the Packers lost. They got destroyed far worse than the score and the only thing that kept them in it was the refs. Having a running game would only serve to take the ball out of the best player in the leagues hands, and that is moronic.

The Packers improving their running game wouldn't make them better, it would make them less efficient.

K-19

Banned
Draft just completed.

My starters are:

Vick
Rice, Sproles
R.White, D.Jackson
A.Hernandez
M.Austin
NYG Defense
M.Bryant

Bench is:
E.Manning
M.Bush, W.McGahee
Boldin, M.Floyd
Fleener

Eli Manning in the bench? 2012 is his time to get elite, c'mon.

MechDX

"Even Kuhn" as though he is some sort of decent player? Rodgers played like garbage and missed a number of throws, that's why the Packers lost. They got destroyed far worse than the score and the only thing that kept them in it was the refs. Having a running game would only serve to take the ball out of the best player in the leagues hands, and that is moronic.

The Packers improving their running game wouldn't make them better, it would make them less efficient.

Couldnt it also get the best player in the league critically injured?

What is more likely to happen this season?

• In an effort to spark his slumping team, Jeff Fisher shaves his mustache in November.
• By November, Mike Shanahan is starting a running back that we haven't talked about at all this summer.
• In a moment of confusion, Bill Belichick discloses useful injury information about one of his own players.

TheFrankman said:
• In an effort to spark his slumping team, Jeff Fisher shaves his mustache in November.
• By November, Mike Shanahan is starting a running back that we haven't talked about at all this summer.
• In a moment of confusion, Bill Belichick discloses useful injury information about one of his own players.

America's Game is on tonight at 9pm (if you haven't already seen the 20 commercials an hour on NLFN). Set that DVR Giants fans.

I know some people who went to a screening of this at MetLife last... Thursday, I think. I didn't get impression but set to record tonight, then off the season opener tomorrow. :D

More power to you man! It is Week 1, the week of uncharted hope!

Hell Stephen Hill says the Jets offense is looking to put on a show, I sure hope so and hopefully it is not a laughable one.
The Cards will score more points than the Jets this week and we have the worst OL in the league and no real QB.

However we are playing a rookie QB and we have never lost to a rookie QB in week 1 even if Scam threw for like 400yds last year.

LJ11

lmao.

Everybody shitting on the Jets. Can't wait for the narrative to completely change after one game. The Bills are who we thought they were.

I'm expecting a loss week one for the Bills because the styles don't match up. Don't have enough weapons to win outside in open sets, just invites the Jets to blitz.

That said, they should have won the second game against the Jets, a game where they went closed, more two TE looks. Stevie wrecked Revis all game, but dropped the money ball that would've sealed the deal. In that second game they had no Fred Jackson, no Eric Wood, no Kyle Wiliams, and Andy Levitre was playing LT.

So yeah, the Jets do suck, they're incompetent on offense and nothing will change that. They'll keep the point differential close because of their D, so they could luck into a few more wins than they should.

I'm expecting a loss week one for the Bills because the styles don't match up. Don't have enough weapons to win outside in open sets, just invites the Jets to blitz.

That said, they should have won the second game against the Jets, a game where they went closed, more two TE looks. Stevie wrecked Revis all game, but dropped the money ball that would've sealed the deal. In that second game they had no Fred Jackson, no Eric Wood, no Kyle Wiliams, and Andy Levitre was playing LT.

So yeah, the Jets do suck, they're incompetent on offense and nothing will change that. They'll keep the point differential close because of their D, so they could luck into a few more wins than they should.

every night i relive the nfc championship game and this is in the dream

eznark

Banned

They win if they don't give the Jets extra possessions. I don't think you give that offense enough credit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They win if they don't give the Jets extra possessions. I don't think you give that offense enough credit.

What offense? Fitzpatrick was one of the few QBs who were actually worse than Mark Sanchez last season.

Dude ran hot for a few games and got paid and then turned back into the shit QB he is.

Tebow can't throw a shortball but he can throw a deep ball very well and one that is actually catchable by a receiver. Having that ability out of the wildcat package is big.
Go Routes every play then? Fuck Tebow and all the bullshit he brings with him, I don't mind the Jets but seriously FUCK TEBOW!!! I don't care if it's blasphemous I'll take the damn risk.

LJ11

Just feel the #2 WR is our biggest weakness. They're going to leave Steve on Revis, double Chandler and Nelson depending on the formation. It really comes down to the #2 guy, can he win.

The real test is stopping the Jets run game. Jets rushing total last 6 games against the Bills.

23/138
39/126
50/276
49/273
43/249
40/318 and they lost this one because Sanchez threw 4 or 5 ints.

They're always in 3rd and short.

Mifune

Mehmber

The Bills have a considerably better offense than the Jets, though. D is good enough to stop that explosive Jets attack.

Only way we lose this one is if Fitzpatrick has a terrible game. I don't see that happening with everyone fresh.

Nori Chan

The stupid owner accidentally put another flex spot in the league.

So now that flex spot can go for QB/RB/WR/TE

and he can't remove it iMad

Seda

CBS coverage map is up. None for Fox though.

jbwzMvUPfFx2FN.jpg

Top Bottom