• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

eznark

Banned
Just feel the #2 WR is our biggest weakness. They're going to leave Steve on Revis, double Chandler and Nelson depending on the formation. It really comes down to the #2 guy, can he win.

The real test is stopping the Jets run game. Jets rushing total last 6 games against the Bills.

23/138
39/126
50/276
49/273
43/249
40/318 and they lost this one because Sanchez threw 4 or 5 ints.

They're always in 3rd and short.

Who is the #2? Jones?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
CBS coverage map is up. None for Fox though.

jbwzMvUPfFx2FN.jpg

Ridiculous. The entire state of Florida should be getting the Jets game.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fitzpatrick threw more picks but anyone with a working set of eyes can see that Sanchez is a worse QB overall.

Really? Based on what? Fitzpatrick has been a scrub level QB his entire career. He got hot for a few games and then reverted back to shit. You just said it yourself, he threw more interceptions than Mark Sanchez. That's awful. When you take into account Mark Sanchez's elite running ability and his 6 touchdowns then there is no comparison.

At least most Jets fans can acknowledge that Mark Sanchez isn't a good QB. Why Bills fans think Fitzpatrick is something other than garbage really befuddles me.

eznark

Banned
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Brian Billick Power Rankings. They're awfully bad.

False, this is the best I have read yet:

The Jets didn't get any better along the offensive line or at the receiver position, but they did acquire the most talked-about special teams player in the entire NFL. I'm not sure he improves this team, but Tim Tebow definitely gets them more media attention . . . something Rex seemed to do just fine on his own

hahahahahah!

LJ11

The Bills have a considerably better offense than the Jets, though. D is good enough to stop that explosive Jets attack.

Only way we lose this one is if Fitzpatrick has a terrible game. I don't see that happening with everyone fresh.

True. I think the style we play, spread open, just doesn't match up well, or hasn't in the past. Hope I'm wrong though.

Who is the #2? Jones?

Yeah, Jones, but I think the X factor is TJ Graham. Cromartie can't jam anyone at the line, TJ's biggest issue is route running and getting off press. He's looked pretty good in camp/preseason, and if Cromartie expects to run with him on the outside it's a matchup I'll gladly take.

Fitzpatrick threw more picks but anyone with a working set of eyes can see that Sanchez is a worse QB overall.

Half a dozen, at least, came off receivers hands. Didn't play well down the stretch but the ints are inflated for multiple reasons. Remember him throwing one because it was 4th down, out of field goal range, he just chucked it into coverage. Was as good as a pouch punt.

eznark

Banned
Pick up Sleeping Dogs and NCAA '13 from Toys R Us (Buy 2 for $60 deal). Trade in NCAA for $30 or so and use that to go towards Madden. Both for $90 isn't too bad, right?

With Tannehill and Moore who needs a third string QB?

Or wait a couple weeks and get sleeping dogs for $20 and buy Madden new. Both for $80!

I can't wait to buy it during a Steam sale. Seems like a fun game.
It's one of those, "alright let's see what this is all about... wow, where did the last seven hours go?" type of games.

Madden '13 seems really solid this year, though. I've held out on it so far but I've probably played about 10 games in that demo. I was excited when I found out you could turn off the stupid accelerated clock in the options once you get into a game. It's especially tempting this year because I'm really craving the creation of a fantasy world where the Dolphins aren't complete trash.

Mifune

Mehmber
Really? Based on what? Fitzpatrick has been a scrub level QB his entire career. He got hot for a few games and then reverted back to shit. You just said it yourself, he threw more interceptions than Mark Sanchez. That's awful. When you take into account Mark Sanchez's elite running ability and his 6 touchdowns then there is no comparison.

At least most Jets fans can acknowledge that Mark Sanchez isn't a good QB. Why Bills fans think Fitzpatrick is something other than garbage really befuddles me.

Bills fans are hardly unaware of Fitzpatrick's issues. But on the whole we have much lower expectations than Jets fans.

But seriously? Bills offense was much better than the Jets' last year so that's what I base the "who is the better QB" thing on. Fitz was also much more accurate, threw for more yards no matter how you're measuring it.

More updates. Jets related:

Brian Costello @BrianCoz

Jets cut punter T.J. Conley, according to a source.
I keep forgetting to thank the Jets and Mike Westhoff for cutting Weatherford.:D

Did Conley have a bad offseason?

brentech

Just got back from PT. Been walking without a crutch, but on a walking boot lately......supposed to take away the boot pending what my surgeon says during the appointment tomorrow. Foot still swells up real bad when walking in the boot, but at least I can walk now.

I really regret playing in that league, fuck this has put a stop on my life for a few months now.

Mifune

Mehmber
True. I think the style we play, spread open, just doesn't match up well, or hasn't in the past. Hope I'm wrong though.

I hope Chan takes a cue from how the offense performed in the second game and keeps someone in the backfield.

Game could be really ugly for both teams.

Dragon

Banned
I have no idea how the reigning champs aren't number one in the power rankings before the season starts...

GB still doesn't have a running game. And how do they know their defense is better when all we've seen are preseason games. Even vegas has fallen in love with GB. Shit is crazy.

Because it's about this season and not last season? Even if we are talking about last season, GB was the best team in football. They only lost two games. I'm not sure what you're babbling about and I'm not sure you know either.

Top Bottom