• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Thought there was a separate fantasy football thread, but I guess not.

First time fantasy football player in a just for fun league (on ESPN). 16 player maximum. Turns out I may not be available for the draft tonight, so I'm setting my autopick strategy just in case. These numbers look okay, or should I change them around? Max total has to equal 16.

FC2dR.png

Talon

I'd take Winslow over shiancoe. Not sure really why we'd need either, but can't hurt.
Belichick asked about Winslow, but apparently Schiano (close friend - or at least as far as friends get for the Dark Lord) told him that Winslow wasn't worth the headache.

I enjoyed listening to Fraudgers talk about lobbying refs today.

Also him basically saying that Jennings has no chance to be back next year.

Fantomex

I got the Niners D in FF but I think I'll sit them against Aaron Rodgers. Not that I don't have faith, I just don't have faith in Rodgers sucking with all that prep time.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'd take another WR honestly. Although I'm sure Salas will be fine. People are hilariously comparing him to when the Pats traded for Welker.

I like the Salas move again, because his 6 game production for a rookie was pretty solid, and on top that he had that disaster of an offense to work with last year.

All that being said I'm still holding out hope that next week the pats bring either Branch, Gaffney, or both back in.

LJ11

I hope Chan takes a cue from how the offense performed in the second game and keeps someone in the backfield.

Game could be really ugly for both teams.

Yeah, I expect to see a lot of Lee Smith, he's a very good blocker up front. Chandler may be a good receiver but his blocking is not up to par. Expect to see Chandler flexed out wide with Smith playing in line. Can't have Chandler giving up another sack to a scrub like Maybin. Fred's back as well so protection should be alright.

We struggle to run against the Jets even though we have a good interior line. Spread to run doesn't seem to work against them, just have to win up front.

Fitz had a couple of opportunities for big plays in that second game. On 3rd and short, Gailey called a slant wheel combo and Spiller was wide open on the wheel, easy TD. Fitz went with the slant. Need to keep 3rd down to short/manageable.

Yes! Starting DJax this Sunday for sure then

I've always liked your avatars.

Anyway, this may not be true. This whole ordeal has been a little confusing. It was confirmed today that Haden has been suspended for 4 games. True. Where it gets muddy is that he, of course, appealed the suspension and he or the Browns haven't heard any official word back on the appeal as of this afternoon. I mean...its Tuesday afternoon. You'd think the NFL would have said something by now.

So if I had to guess, the NFL will uphold the suspension but it will begin in week 2. Which would be much better for us considering the passing offenses of teams in weeks 2,3,4 and 5.

Greg

everyone with a Vita needs to buy Alundra for 5.99 if you haven't played it - it's like an old-school Zelda game, but better in every way

the game actually requires you to think!

Nice article on Hakeem Nicks. It's the first I've ever read about his family, too. The athelete with a poor/fucked up family story isn't exactly a revelation but wow at his brother chewing off his own fingerprints.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8335944/nicks-goes-own-way

Everybody wants to talk about Hakeem Nicks' YouTube hands, which are 10½ inches wide, require 4X gloves and are approximately the size of George Foreman grills. With them, he can catch anything thrown at him, up to and including single-engine Cessnas.

Nobody wants to talk about the hands of Hakeem Nicks' brother Robert Nicks III, which he allegedly used to kill a man, as well as attempting to jack cars and buy guns illegally. To try to hide what he had done with his hands, he tried to chew off his fingerprints. Apparently, it didn't work. He's in a Coleman, Fla., prison today.

Everybody wants to talk about the way Hakeem Nicks finishes off drives. His 37-yard Hail Mary catch with no time on the clock in the first half of the Giants' playoff game in Green Bay crushed the favored Packers and helped propel New York to its eventual stunning Super Bowl win last season.

Nobody wants to talk about some of the drives of Hakeem Nicks' father, Robert Nicks Jr. Three of those drives ended up in DWI convictions. Many others have ended up in a shoebox full of traffic violations.

Everybody wants to talk about what an A-plus citizen Hakeem Nicks is. It's true. There was a New York Post report last season that Nicks was at teammate Victor Cruz's 25th birthday party at a New York City nightclub at 2:20 a.m. when it was sprayed with bullets, leaving one man dead. Please. To Hakeem Nicks, there's only one 2:20 in any 24-hour cycle. In fact, he was at home with his then 3-year-old daughter, Harmony.

Nobody wants to talk about what a good citizen Hakeem Nicks' brother Aleef is. He has lived in and out of striped sunshine for years, including beats for drug, weapons and assault violations. He added one more arrest Saturday in Charlotte, on charges of assault and battery and felony possession of a handgun.

So the question isn't, "Why is Hakeem Nicks the way he is?" The question is, "How did Hakeem Nicks not end up like the rest of the men in his family?"

The answer is: None of your business.

"I don't speak on it," Nicks says sternly. Nicks is a very serious man who does not kid a lot. You can tell he's not kidding now.

Milchjon

Google image searching Hakeem Nicks' hands brings up this.

09c034344b8c4b3d627dc6d136b64d8e.jpg

While Rex Ryan might be delighted, for me that's my cue to leave the internet for the night.

Greg

awaits snes angry thought on irc
I'd actually give Zelda's music the nod if I had to break it all down, but the gameplay in Alundra is better in every way.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised on a few occasions of what was required to make it through some of the areas - little things that I thought were cheating the system to succeed are actually the only solutions, and they never hold your hand or hint you through it. The last time a game gave me a similar feeling was Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Yeah, but i'd need a Vita. No thanks.
It's a PS1 game on PSN, so you can get it for PS3/PSP. I just mentioned it for Vita because it suited the system and screen so well.

Puddles

Banned
Who was that one QB from a few years back who was good in college, but busted in the NFL, and when the team tried to convert him to a WR, he said fuck it and retired?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Anyone can run when no-ones not expecting them to run, if you lined Tebow up at RB he would get 2.2yds per carry.

Because teams don't expect Tebow to run every play. Right.

Your hatred against Tebow has me worried for your safety. I recommend staying indoors next time there is lightning!

Who was that one QB from a few years back who was good in college, but busted in the NFL, and when the team tried to convert him to a WR, he said fuck it and retired?

Matt Jones. He also had crazy drug problems.

Puddles said:
Pat White? No clue, just throwing a guess out there.

I don't know if he was asked to go WR, but I remember him being destroyed by the Steelers and the being cut the next year.

BENGALS WIN! BENGALS WIN! THE BENGALS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!

BAW GAWD! BAW GAWD! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! YEEEEEEEOKSOKOPDKOKSOKOSKO!

Top Bottom