• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Tabris

Wow. I was joking about you becoming a Broncos fan and ditching the Colts but it really seems like you are. what exactly is your fascination with the Manning brothers anyway?

The Tabris team story: I started watching football 8 years ago (don't blame me for this, I'm Canadian, it doesn't come naturally to watch football).

I was memorized by one man, this guy (isn't he dreamy?)...

peyton_manning_biography_3.jpg

and I decided that's my team... and thus a hate began for this guy (isn't he ugly) as he was trying to bring dreamy Peyton down...

tom-brady-crying.jpg

When I found out there was a brother and he was championing this amazing beat the shit out of you hard nosed team and that he was on a collision course with the enemy for Superbowl, this team became my second team (even though no one else I knew believed in them):

eli-manning-super-bowl-xlii.jpg

And I was set on my teams. But as I started to watch football more and more (every game possible on Sunday), in 2009-2010, I started watching this amazing team that beat the shit out of you more than that 07-08 Giants and they fascinated me, so I made a pact with Ray Lewis that I would cheer them on as long as it didn't affect my Giants or Colts (now Broncos):

ray-lewis-getty-story.jpg

Doorman

Looking over that coverage map....why does the San Fran area get Indy @ Chicago, compared to the rest of the west coast? Is there some logic to this that I'm not aware of? Andrew Luck factor maybe?

Let's see. Older son has hockey practice tomorrow night from 8-9 and on Sunday from 4:45-5:45 (the rink is about 45 minutes away).

Younger son has soccer game on Sunday from 12:30-1:30. Luckily this is like 5 minutes away.

I have Sunday NFL Ticket. I assume I can watch the game(s) on my iPad from anywhere that has wifi access. Right? Please tell me I'm right.

Godslay

Banned
Let's see. Older son has hockey practice tomorrow night from 8-9 and on Sunday from 4:45-5:45 (the rink is about 45 minutes away).

Younger son has soccer game on Sunday from 12:30-1:30. Luckily this is like 5 minutes away.

I have Sunday NFL Ticket. I assume I can watch the game(s) on my iPad from anywhere that has wifi access. Right? Please tell me I'm right.

I believe you can if you have MAX, otherwise I think you can only watch it at home. I could be wrong though.

Gigglepoo

Has everyone forgotten that the one game Brees played as a Saint without Payton on the sideline, he was terrible and the team lost?

cdyhybrid

ahpIA.jpg

How'd I do?

Note: Draft did not finish because we were too drunk to continue, so Robinson, Bennett, and Janikowski were autodrafted.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

I think it's like 50 bucks extra for the online access shit. I had sunday ticket last year but I didn't have the online access since my phone is a dinosaur.

They upgraded me to MAX. I just downloaded the Sunday Ticket app to my iPad. Hopefully I'll be watching Pack/Niners while also watching my son's practice.

I'm resisting the urge to download it to my S3. I have a feeling I'd blow my month's data limit in the first quarter.

Fox318

They upgraded me to MAX. I just downloaded the Sunday Ticket app to my iPad. Hopefully I'll be watching Pack/Niners while also watching my son's practice.

I'm resisting the urge to download it to my S3. I have a feeling I'd blow my month's data limit in the first quarter.

Fuck data caps.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
yeah I only have 2.5 gigs a month which is a fucking joke. I'll probably get tmobile prepaid 4g once my contract with awful ass att is up. bad thing is I think only the first 100mb is 4g but better than nothing.

Bowser

Your third round pick is highly questionable. Whoever it was.

I'm guessing it's Steve Smith, and depending on the number of teams and if it was a late third, I don't think it's that questionable. I wouldn't have taken Andre Johnson in the 2nd though, had to have been more reliable receivers available.

Nori Chan

Here's my FF team in no particular order. I also had the 10th pick of a 10 player league
Tony Romo
Chris Johnson
Darren McFadden
Brandon Marshall
DeSean Jackson
Aaron Hernandez
Reggie Bush
Ben Roflburger
Rasard Mendenhall
Anquan Boldin
Daririus Heyward Bey
Mason Crosby
Chicago Bears D
Philadelphia Eagles D

also i had the last pick in the draft so for the lulz i drafted tebow

cajunator

Banned
I think people are underestimating how great Payton is, and how integral he is to the offense. Brees won't be terrible but I doubt he comes close to his recent numbers.

Its hard to say, but they played pretty well this preseason in game three (not counting hof game as game 1) and Payton wasnt on the field.
If anything, the risky plays will be cut back that payton normally likes to experiment with.
The running game should be very good too so Im not too concerned overall.
Much more worried about defense.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What the fuck, I'm stuck with Carolina at Tampa Bay. FUCK.

Almost as bad as living in an apartment where you can't get satellite and your only option is Time Warner cable.

No NFL network! Really wish Sunday Ticket was upgraded to literally every game.

Guess I'm driving out to the Packer bar in Addison, TX on the 13th to watch Packers-Bears.

cajunator

Banned
Almost as bad as living in an apartment where you can't get satellite and your only option is Time Warner cable.

No NFL network! Really wish Sunday Ticket was upgraded to literally every game.

Guess I'm driving out to the Packer bar in Addison, TX on the 13th to watch Packers-Bears.

Oh god you have to live surrounded by Cowboys fans? I feel for you.
Well sort of.

lol even harbs suckin that packer dick at todays press conference

Here is a breakdown of Harbaugh's opening remarks about the Packers, who host the 49ers on Sunday at Lambeau Field:

"This a great Packers team. I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying this is Mike McCarthy's best team that he's had in Green Bay." Analysis: Best team ever? McCarthy won a Super Bowl only two seasons ago, and went 15-1 last season before losing to the New York Giants in the playoffs. He is entering his seventh season as coach after serving as the 49ers' offensive coordinator in a woeful 2005 season.

"The quarterback is playing at the highest level in the history of the game." Analysis: Aaron Rodgers is the reigning league MVP, and his 104.1 passer rating indeed ranks first in NFL history.

"A-plus at the wide receiver position." Analysis: Rodgers has no shortage of targets, including Greg Jennings, who told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he is preparing to hit free agency after the season. P.S. The 49ers have a recent history of adding receivers in free agency.

"Outstanding defense that they've really added to -- they spent their first six picks in the draft on defense. Dom Capers is a tremendous defensive coach." Analysis: If the Packers were so outstanding, they wouldn't have blown their top six picks on defense. Last season, they ranked last in yards allowed (411.6 per game) and 19th in points allowed (22.4 per game).

"I could go on and on here. This is a great football team that could be expected to win every game they play." Analysis: Harbaugh is pleading with scribes, pundits and so-called experts to pick the Packers to go 16-0, while the 49ers can toil every day in an underdog role.

then go coach the packers if you love them so much harbs!

Top Bottom