• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Wut?? Why not just trade for Colt McCoy as well! Orange bloods and Red bloods could just have a giant circle jerk inside Relant on game day.

oh shit, i forgot about Colt, call the browns Tate for Colt straight up.

Then we can have a true noodle arm.

ahh that was hilarious, Foster asking for that guys name.

gutshot

And what depth do we have at safety now? Why do we have 4RBs when we barely run the ball?

Probably because those 4 RBs have talent and may contribute down the line as opposed to Jarrett who contributed nothing on Sunday except for a whiff on a special teams tackle attempt?

There's also talk that Colt Anderson may be ready to play now. So there's your safety depth.

MechDX

oh shit, i forgot about Colt, call the browns Tate for Colt straight up.

Then we can have a true noodle arm.

ahh that was hilarious, Foster asking for that guys name.

Fuck it! get Derrick Ward out of retirement and run a wishbone with him at QB and Foster, Tate and Forsett at the 3 RB spots! No QB needed.

squicken said:
Are you a fan of Pro Football Focus?
I don't read them often, no. Some of the Giants beat writers post the PFF grades for each player on a per game basis and I'll give them a look see. Maybe post them here from time to time. Outside of that I don't tend to pay them much attention. I read footballoutsiders.com more in so far ratings/statistics and game evaluations when they post them.

squicken

I don't read them often, no. Some of the Giants beat writers post the PFF grades for each player on a per game basis and I'll give them a look see. Maybe post them here from time to time. Outside of that I don't tend to pay them much attention. I read footballoutsiders.com more in so far ratings/statistics and game evaluations when they post them.

I was just curious b/c the Rams writers use them often as well. I've really never been a fan of the charting anyone does, but didn't know if you found one or the other to be superior.

effzee

Probably because those 4 RBs have talent and may contribute down the line as opposed to Jarrett who contributed nothing on Sunday except for a whiff on a special teams tackle attempt?

There's also talk that Colt Anderson may be ready to play now. So there's your safety depth.

I love love love McCoy and like the depth behind him in Lewis, Brown, and Polk but the Eagles simply don't care to run the ball enough to warrant keeping all 4. I was pleasantly surprised when they kept all 4, but not if it means releasing the backup safety the minute a WR gets hurt. We kept 4 rbs while thin at both WR and S. And not just thin at S but also not particularly good.

squicken said:
I've really never been a fan of the charting anyone does, but didn't know if you found one or the other to be superior.
I find outsiders to be a bit more "accurate" if I were to use a word in terms of the formulas they use and their implementation in their articles but you could easily pick holes in some of the stuff they chart as well.

squicken

you're not a fan of the Texans because they signed a punter that Fischer cut or didnt want and thats the sole reason they gave up a punt return TD against the dolphins, really? Had nothing to do with the horrible kick coverage on the punt, just maybe?

And lastly the texans are so terrible, that you jump off the band wagon during the first ever winning season, for the fucking Rams and the rams are somehow better off? They are currently providing you with more hope than one of the most balanced teams across the board in the NFL is? Yea ok.

Won't argue Rams are awful. Mistakes were made.

As far as Donnie Jones I'm just telling you he's crap. He cannot angle his punts and that's public information. If your coverage units are shaky it's even more imperative that the punter do that. It's a bad signing.

MechDX

Won't argue Rams are awful. Mistakes were made.

As far as Donnie Jones I'm just telling you he's crap. He cannot angle his punts and that's public information. If your coverage units are shaky it's even more imperative that the punter do that. It's a bad signing.

Hartmann is still out there and can be signed after week 3. Guy had a cannon for a leg last year then tore his damn ACL covering a punt.

Fox318

The Lions (mind you...the Lions) covered spread and a swing with 4 defensive backs and two guys basically sitting on their thumbs.

coa_schottenheimer_brian.jpg

Jets fans were right all along!

There was a reason I had that Fire Schotty avatar for so long.

Doorman

Just throwing this out there: fuck Thursday Night Football.

Week 2 begins. GO LIONS!
I have no confidence in this game

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Hartmann is still out there and can be signed after week 3. Guy had a cannon for a leg last year then tore his damn ACL covering a punt.

yea.. was it substance abuse or PED's, the hitman hartmann got popped for?

I also believe they will sign him after week 3. Whatever.

squicken

There was a reason I had that Fire Schotty avatar for so long.

He's not the problem. He can't motion every WR. If Gibson gets jammed on his release every play against street FAs . . .there's no scheming around that. The personnel simply limits what they can do outside the numbers and deep.

He actually called a good game. They cannot throw it 30+ times. Even at 2.5 ypc they just have to keep running. Bradford missed two easy TDs that would have made a huge difference

http://i.minus.com/iDZmmDAxPPo8d.gif

http://i.minus.com/i9aHpL66fHDcG.gif

squicken

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
J.J. Watt also says that the Texans defense doesn't miss Mario Williams at all. "I'll miss him in the locker room, but not on the field."

bless you JJ

squicken said:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
J.J. Watt also says that the Texans defense doesn't miss Mario Williams at all. "I'll miss him in the locker room, but not on the field."
Judging by his performance against the Jets, neither does the Bills defense. I watched some of that game on Game Rewind and he was invisible.

Fox318

Watched that in the theater. Made me hongry. The price of that restaurant STARTS at $350 U.S.

CheapyD from cheapassgamer said on his podcast that he made reservations and that it is cash only.

If that was in America there would be people with a gun waiting by the front door.

NFL.com has a free trial of Game Rewind from now until the 17th of the month. That includes all of the All-22 game tape:

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/se...ampaign=Prod_GR_Nav&cvsorc=Homepage.GR.GP_Nav

EDIT: Some fun stats on opening day losses and how the Giants love to make it tough on themselves:

Since the NFL expanded to 16 games in 1978 (and not including the strike-shortened fiasco of 1982), 52.7% of the teams that won on opening day ended up making the playoffs (258 of 490). And only 22.7 % of teams that started 0-1 made the playoffs (111 of 490). ... And in 46 Super Bowls, the 92 teams that played in those games were a combined 77-13-2 on opening day. ... However, while only eight teams have lost on opening day and went on to win a Super Bowl, the Giants have done it THREE times (1986, 2007, 2011). ... The Giants have lost 14 opening games since 1978 and still made the playoffs in six of those years (or 42.9 % of the time)

see5harp

CheapyD from cheapassgamer said on his podcast that he made reservations and that it is cash only.

If that was in America there would be people with a gun waiting by the front door.

There are plenty of restaurants in my neck of the woods that exceed that but at least they take credit cards. I've seen friends post tons of receipts on facebook that exceed $1000 for 2 people. Eating at French Laundry seems infinitely more comfortable than sitting at a bar for 30 minutes while some old dude stares at you.

There are plenty of restaurants in my neck of the woods that exceed that but at least they take credit cards. I've seen friends post tons of receipts on facebook that exceed $1000 for 2 people. Eating at French Laundry seems infinitely more comfortable than sitting at a bar for 30 minutes while some old dude stares at you.
I feel dirty if I spend close to $100 on a meal for two, but then again Arian Foster doesn't know my name or anything.

I tried to make a reservation at French Laundry everyday for two weeks, couldn't get through. Gave up, still want to go there though.

Godslay

Banned
According to a beat reporter in Denver who pretty much accurately predicted everything that happened during the Manning visits: yes it did. Manning approached Houston willing to sign for less than what Denver offered but the Texans said no thanks.

McNair's loyalty to payers and coaches is maddening at times to be honest.

What's the source on this? I'm not saying it's not true, but I find it laughable that the Texans wouldn't take Peyton over Schaub. It upgrades the weakest part of your team. To not even feel it out seems a bit foolish, assuming they could afford him.

Top Bottom