• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

see5harp

I tried to make a reservation at French Laundry everyday for two weeks, couldn't get through. Gave up, still want to go there though.

You gotta get lucky and catch a cancellation. People cancel and a weird time like 2 P.M. on a Tuesday will open up. My opinion is that there are TONS of restaurants in Napa and Northern Cali aside from French Laundry. I think for $150 bucks you can eat the best meal of your life easily. French Laundry is the standard in this area, but there is a lot of good food, in general, in northern cali.

That's why you never release anything to the media.

If one of your players shoots themselves in the head you damn well put "head bruise" on the injury report.

That's how McCarthy did it. That's how Dad did it. That's how America does it.

And it's worked out pretty well so far.

That's why you never release anything to the media.

If one of your players shoots themselves in the head you damn well put "head bruise" on the injury report.

That's how McCarthy did it. That's how Dad did it. That's how America does it.

And it's worked out pretty well so far.

iron-man-20080425072748799.jpg

Godslay

Banned
He was suspended for taking Ritallin for his ADD. He now has permission to use the same drug:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...exans-punter-receives-permission-to-treat-add

So freaking stupid.

It is stupid. All they have to do is get it approved by the league, and from what I understand the team takes care of the whole process as long as you let them in on what the prescriptions are. Denver radio, specifically an ex-player, talked about how Virgil Green (who was suspending for the same thing ADD meds) was at fault because all he had to do was tell the team to get it approved. While getting suspended for a physician prescribed medication is stupid, it's lazy and stupid to not get it approved.

jman2050

Watt says he got the Dolphins snap count from watching Hard Knocks.

Good job by the coaching staff.

Remember when Bill Callahan inherited a functioning Raiders team from Gruden and didn't bother to change the playbook? At all?

I think of that.

LJ11

You can pick up a snap count during the game, that's why you vary it, but the coaches did fuck all. It's not rocket science, just change it up. Incompetency more than anything.

Edit: Maybe they did vary it during the game at some point.

Fox318

You can pick up a snap count during the game, that's why you vary it, but the coaches did fuck all. It's not rocket science, just change it up. Incompetency more than anything.

Why don't you coach?

Hell I'd think most of gaf would be better GMs than Ireland.

Kiryu

Did you not watch the game? Russell the scrub Wilson's longest drive was like 38yds, if it wasn't for Leon Washington tearing up special teams then the Seahawks wouldn't have even had a sniff. Offense is hot garbage, defense overrated and to think people were expecting them to challenge for the division? PA LEASE!!!
Based off on 1 regular game? Too early to tell but I can tell you that Russell Wilson will be better than Kolb or Skelton combined in this season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Rams have to get better outside WRs. It doesn't matter on this play, but Lions have no respect for deep pass or really anything Gibson does. 1v1 up top and just stoned.

http://i.minus.com/iY7xr2961pZVf.gif

Schotty has to know that his receivers are ass. Gotta get them open with route combos, this one-on-one shit will not work with that wr core.

lol 2 of our former lineman got signed. why arent we signing someone for depth?

From my cursory look at the game (I'll do the all-22's tomorrow), Essex should have been signed. Legursky got his shit pushed in all game. I know the Steelers want to keep him around because he can snap, but he sucked at guard on Sunday. He was in the backfield more often than Redman.

Game went to shit when Gilbert and Foster went out.

I'm starting to sour on Kugler. Footwork should be a huge part of any o-line coach's regimen and yet it seems like we have foot and ankle injuries every game. In fact, it always seems to be the same injury - a lineman tripping over the guy next to him on a pull.

jakncoke

Banned
Schotty has to know that his receivers are ass. Gotta get them open with route combos, this one-on-one shit will not work with that wr core.

From my cursory look at the game (I'll do the all-22's tomorrow), Essex should have been signed. Legursky got his shit pushed in all game. I know the Steelers want to keep him around because he can snap, but he sucked at guard on Sunday. He was in the backfield more often than Redman.

Essax signed with the Colts

Rorschach

Edit: Maybe they did vary it during the game at some point.

Was saying that all night to Carson Palmer.

Well... to my tv screen... :(

Novid

Banned
To see ALL THE INSANITY -

http://helveticanfl.tumblr.com/post/31352277639/helvetica-standard-season-premiere

Now MY Power Rankings.

ESPN? URK. Patriots are forth. Niners are Second due to Baltimore shaming Cincy. I have the Eagles at 15th and the Giants 9th. Cowboys are in 8th. Have Packers at 7th but they are going down unless get the shutdown corners. Forget it if they dont they will go down to the high teens. Have Jets at 5, But there never gonna sniff the top unless they win the AFC Title. Redskins at a responcible 6th with the saints at 23rd. Jaggies dont mess up Redzones's Pannies at 19th. Raiders Shat the Bed at 26th. Chargers at 20th. Have Broncos at 3rd Place, will be one if they can beat a Baltimore or a Patriot squad. DA Bears at 7th and Detroit at a very disspointing 21st.

My picks for this week:

CHI @ GB Tossup. WHY? Because Bears might see the corners as easy money. Dont like this game - edge to GB
TB @ NYG Old corners, VictorCruz? LOL.
OAK @ MIA Snap Much?
HOU @ JAC They are who they thought they were. Lucky in Game 1.
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI ... there not going to cover the spread folks.
NO @ CAR Cam needs to be in supes mode now. RGIII did it.
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND Manning's Page still not gonna do much this year.
WAS @ STL Welcome to Madden 14!
DAL @ SEA Seachickens and the crooked eye refs, what is this; some sort of animu remake of Mike Moore's movies?
NYJ @ PIT Shold be a tossup. Has to be a tossup. Not Going to be one. Psyduck returns.
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF FMT in Godmode. Where Starscream?
DEN @ ATL Papa Johns, Buick, Direct TV, and ReeBok present the The Elder Revenge Tour - last week over 27 MILLION watched as he sword slashed his foes. this week, he faces off ice-man of falcons - on a network with no theme song? How that work?

And so i leave you with this pressing thought... can NBC buy Are you ready from ESPN if there not using it? I mean, no ABC Sports, No Racist etc, etc... they did it in canada...

SEE YALL NEXT TIME ON:

Helvetica Standard~!

LJ11

Game went to shit when Gilbert and Foster went out.

I'm starting to sour on Kugler. Footwork should be a huge part of any o-line coach's regimen and yet it seems like we have foot and ankle injuries every game. In fact, it always seems to be the same injury - a lineman tripping over the guy next to him on a pull.

I liked him when he was with Buffalo, but he didn't have much to work with outside of Peters, only spent a year with the young guys, and I was upset when he was let go.

His replacement has been a revelation however, when Gailey's fired D'Alessandris will make some team happy. Guy is dynamite, great coach. Was worried about Glenn going into the Jets game, guy was a rock.

I'm watching the game film and Bryd's playing 20 yards off the line of scrimmage. Too funny.

Was saying that all night to Carson Palmer.

Well... to my tv screen... :(

Yeah, I remember you mentioning it. Just imagine how quickly these guys spot tells.

PTI had a good Toss Up question today: Who's success would be more annoying this year, Cowboys or Jets.

I'd say Jets. Rex annoys me.

im watching NFLN and the announcer says "At the press conference, they were talking to jay cutler and he was his normal self... BUT DIN! brandon marshall walked in and he was a totally different, new person!"

and then went on to jerk off both of these career losers for 5 mins. what a joke

Seda

im watching NFLN and the announcer says "At the press conference, they were talking to jay cutler and he was his normal self... BUT DIN! brandon marshall walked in and he was a totally different, new person!"

and then went on to jerk off both of these career losers for 5 mins. what a joke

how terrible

Fantomex

"(Watt) was a little sheepish and guarded when explaining it to co-host Erik Kuselias," writes host and founder Mike Florio, "saying that the same information can be picked up from the preseason game broadcasts. But Watt said that it helped."

You guys act like it takes a ton of skill and cleverness to beat the dolphins. You can tell them every play your about to run and still decimate Miami. They suck this year.

Rorschach

You guys act like it takes a ton of skill and cleverness to beat the dolphins. You can tell them every play your about to run and still decimate Miami. They suck this year.

Nah, dude, they're exceptional in every facet besides scoring offensive points, gaining yards, third down efficiency, fourth down efficiency, stopping people on defense, and turnovers. They're a great team. Did you see that punt return? 72 yards, bro.

"(Watt) was a little sheepish and guarded when explaining it to co-host Erik Kuselias," writes host and founder Mike Florio, "saying that the same information can be picked up from the preseason game broadcasts. But Watt said that it helped."

the texans are a once in a generation type team led by jj "the malkman" watt. dolphins will go 15-1, with their only blemish at the hands of the unstoppable houston texans

Top Bottom