• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

CyReN

qml2z.png

and to think I thought the curse was the cover being so ugly.

Fantomex

Man I feel bad about people that have to watch the Cincy vs Cleveland game. Then again, they already live in the area so I'm sure disappointment is something normal to them.

GameRewind App had terrible reviews on the App Store, downloaded it to check it out, it's fucking brilliant. It has a telestrator, can save clips, pics. But it doesn't have Air Play so lets all trash it.

Is there any caching of the videos for the tablets? I assume not... but Id love to rewatch on the bus home, only have a wifi tablet.

LJ11

Is there any caching of the videos for the tablets? I assume not... but Id love to rewatch on the bus home, only have a wifi tablet.

Nah, don't think there's some sort of offline mode, the internet activity circle is always going, even when paused on a 15-20 second coach clip.

MechDX

qml2z.png

and to think I thought the curse was the cover being so ugly.

Called it. I said MCL/ACL but an injury is an injury wouldnt be shocked if this turns into a nagging season long thing or it is worse than they will say.

Fuck the Madden cover

squicken

GameRewind App had terrible reviews on the App Store, downloaded it to check it out, it's fucking brilliant. It has a telestrator, can save clips, pics. But it doesn't have Air Play so lets all trash it.

It doesn't matter to me much but it's dumb there's no telestator for PCs. The NFL needs to come up with a YouTube like setup where people can upload their own cuts and commentary. Lots of smart people out there could make some good stuff. Really limited by just stills and illustrations

LJ11

It doesn't matter to me much but it's dumb there's no telestator for PCs. The NFL needs to come up with a YouTube like setup where people can upload their own cuts and commentary. Lots of smart people out there could make some good stuff. Really limited by just stills and illustrations

No idea why it's not available on PC, you're just tapping players/screen to mark circles or blocks, or drawing a straight line with your finger. Really no advantage to the touch screen, can do the same thing with a mouse.

effzee

LOL@ Redskins fans building up the Shanahans after one win.

BTW what the fuck Europe? Why do I see Duff beer stuff all over the place? They do know it's from the Simpsons right? I swear every street vendor is selling Duff beer shirts. That and meme faces on shirts everywhere. Gelato is amazing.

BTW what the fuck Europe? Why do I see Duff beer stuff all over the place? They do know it's from the Simpsons right? I swear every street vendor is selling Duff beer shirts. That and meme faces on shirts everywhere. Gelato is amazing.
Yes it is

You're in Yurope right now?

Watching the All-22 on the Giants/Cowboys game. That first and 30 conversion for a TD to Miles Austin is just ridiculous. It's easy to blame Tryon who does get beat but he does recover. The problem is he doesn't open his body/hips to the ball early enough and ends up overrunning the play. Mistake, but correctable. Rolle makes me want to throw my iPad out of the window.

The worst part is that for once in his career playing safety for the Giants he makes a good break towards the play! It looks like he might actually take a good angle. He sees the ball released and has the opportunity to put a big hit on Austin and dislodge the ball (Miles is literally mid air when Antrel would have arrived). Instead he changes his angle, backing up instead of committing and runs completely in front of him and Tryon. He then proceeds to run by the both of them and just looks back like "oh well". That's fucking offensive coverage from a man getting paid what he is.

Watching the All-22 on the Giants/Cowboys game. That first and 30 conversion for a TD to Miles Austin is just ridiculous. It's easy to blame Tryon who does get beat but he does recover. The problem is he doesn't open his body to ball early enough and ends up running past the play. Mistake, but correctable. Rolle makes me want to throw my iPad out of the window.

The worst part is that for once playing safety he makes a good break towards the play! It looks like he might actually take a good angle for once. He sees the ball released and has the opportunity to put a big hit on Austin and dislodge the ball (Miles is literally mid air when Antrel would have arrived). Instead he changes his angle and runs completely in front of him and Tryon and the proceeds to run by the both of them! He just looks back like "oh well". That's fucking offensive coverage from a man getting paid what he is.
At the end of the day, Rolle sucks ass

I'll see if I can GIF the play tonight when I get home. I just haven't had time to sit down and play with the gif creator with two kids vying for my time.

But yeah, you won't get an argument from Legendary. In coverage, dude is a total liability more often than not.

bionic77

I forgot how much I paid for my Zune HD. But that was a long time ago.

But yeah that's fucking steep for a device that isn't tablet or a phone in this day and age.
You are probably going to pay more than a grand to the phone company for subsidizing your phone down to $200 (or less). So really the Touch is a lot cheaper, it is just that most people can't do basic math and realize how badly we get fucked by the telcos.

I would honestly rather pay full price for my phones and have a $30 plan with good coverage and enough minutes and data to cover my usage. Instead I get to choose between various shit sandwiches served by cell phone companies.

Jobs wishes.

Gonna be hard for Apple to stay ahead in the next few years. Hope they got some big shit up their sleeves.
The truth is that everyone has caught up to Apple and phones are not advancing the way they were a few years ago. It would probably be impossible to keep up that pace though.

The iPhone was revolutionary and then Apple pretty much perfected what a smartphone should be with the 4. When the 4 came out it was so far ahead of everything else (sorry
Android fans it is true). But honestly with Ice Cream Sandwich and the modern Android phones it is now just a preference thing. The 4 was the first smartphone that was fast, with a high res screen screen, lots of applications, and forever battery life and just worked. It was like magic at the time. Now pretty much all the phones are meeting those basic requirements. I have played around with a Nexus and honestly I could easily see myself switching back and forth between Android and the iPhone without too much drama. If you follow nerds and GAF you would think that there is a huge difference between the phones, but honestly I think they all work now (you couldn't say that a few years ago, phones like the iPhone 3G and earlier Android phones were complete garbage). I am going to keep a close eye on what Google does with the Nexus going into next year, but assuming there are no major leaps I will probably go with whatever phone has the best battery.

Bottomline Apple did not come up with the next big thing today, but honestly neither did MS or Google. Right now I am just happy that I have two and a half choices (jury is out on Windows, the OS works but zero freakin apps and support) for working smartphones.

Watching the All-22 on the Giants/Cowboys game. That first and 30 conversion for a TD to Miles Austin is just ridiculous. It's easy to blame Tryon who does get beat but he does recover. The problem is he doesn't open his body/hips to ball early enough and ends up overrunning the play. Mistake, but correctable. Rolle makes me want to throw my iPad out of the window.

The worst part is that for once playing safety he makes a good break towards the play! It looks like he might actually take a good angle for once. He sees the ball released and has the opportunity to put a big hit on Austin and dislodge the ball (Miles is literally mid air when Antrel would have arrived). Instead he changes his angle and runs completely in front of him and Tryon and the proceeds to run by the both of them! He just looks back like "oh well". That's fucking offensive coverage from a man getting paid what he is.
untitled-5b5eed.gif

Ænima

Broncos_Trophies.jpg

You see those larger trophies in the middle. Those are called superbowl trophies. They both belong to Mike Shanahan. How many does your sorry Walrus-looking coach have again, I forget?

TheFrankman said:
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-5b5eed.gif
That doesn't show the secondary prior to the snap as the All-22 does. You can't see Rolle react, Tryon's coverage as the play develops, etc. Trust me, it's worst when you see it all.:(

Fox318

Ænima;42041103 said:
Broncos_Trophies.jpg

You see those larger trophies in the middle. Those are called superbowl trophies. They both belong to Mike Shanahan. How many does your sorry Walrus-looking coach have again, I forget?

okP8X.jpg

MechDX

Ænima;42041103 said:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/12042/Broncos_Trophies.jpg/IMG]

You see those larger trophies in the middle. Those are called superbowl trophies. They both belong to Mike Shanahan [b]via John Elway and Terrel Davis[/b]. How many does your sorry Walrus-looking coach have again, I forget?[/QUOTE]

Fixed

effzee

Ænima;42041103 said:
Broncos_Trophies.jpg

Oooohhhh tough talk from Redskins fan...

Who are you confusing me with? I want and have wanted Reid fired for a long time now. So go ahead make fun of him don't give a shit. I just find it amusing that after 1 win, and week 1 at that, the Shanahans are to be praised for how they have all of a sudden turned the franchise around. When they turn a franchise around completely like Reid did then get back to me. Reid sucks but he did inherit a far worse situation and made the Eagles respectable/playoff contenders year in and out.

RGIII scares me and I hate that he is in division but yeah will need to see alot more before I credit Shanny and son with much. His only success has come from working with Elway. Nothing since then. Maybe he did need time (2 seasons) and now has them on track but again lol after week 1.

squicken

iYCYfvku2oPVU.gif

Tough to keep file size down while making it big enough in resolution and also having as much pre-snap action. Animation will suffer but still clear enough imo

elkayes

Who are you confusing me with? I want and have wanted Reid fired for a long time now. So go ahead make fun of him don't give a shit. I just find it amusing that after 1 win, and week 1 at that, the Shanahans are to be praised for how they have all of a sudden turned the franchise around. When they turn a franchise around completely like Reid did then get back to me. Reid sucks but he did inherit a far worse situation and made the Eagles respectable/playoff contenders year in and out.

RGIII scares me and I hate that he is in division but yeah will need to see alot more before I credit Shanny and son with much. His only success has come from working with Elway. Nothing since then. Maybe he did need time (2 seasons) and now has them on track but again lol after week 1.

Not to mention Washington won´t have a frist round pick till 2015. Not to say RG3 wasn´t worth it, but in this divison i´d say you wont make the playoffs for another two years at least.

That said, skins seem to have a franchise qb, and how many teams can say that for themselves. Eagles certainly not.

I love how John Harbaugh called a timeout to rip the refs for that terrible roughing the passer call against Lardarious Webb. That sack would have helped his future DPOY campaign numbers.

Yup thats why haven't been as active. Missed week 1 too.

Paris and Florence were great. Holy hell did I hate Venice. Never ever going there again. Finish with Rome and whole trip on Sat, back home Sat night in time for week2.

Good man! You went to the better parts.

Love Paris, seriously love it. Hell, might be the best cities in Urope.

Did you go all touristy and visit all the places everywhere? I loved Florence and Rome when I was there visiting all the places. Seeing all of it, the history is so beautiful and the food man. It took a while to find the good places but holy cow you can find so much great food.

Never been to Venice, but from your post doesn't seem like I missed anything.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yup thats why haven't been as active. Missed week 1 too.

Paris and Florence were great. Holy hell did I hate Venice. Never ever going there again. Finish with Rome and whole trip on Sat, back home Sat night in time for week2.

Don't drink the water, I hear it makes you an evil Patriot lover! Stay strong.

Ænima

I actually do not disagree with a lot of what you said. The Redskins are far from being considered "turned around" as a franchise. Shanny was really only getting praised for two things:

1) Increasing the overall talent level and depth on the team. They still have a long ways to go in this area but it is obvious how much better they have gotten since the Cerrato days.

2) Adapting his offense for RGIII. They clearly took a lot of concepts from Baylor and have let Griffin do what he is most comfortable with while slowly acclimating him to more NFL-style plays.

He still has a long way to prove it but I believe Shanahan is a good coach. He had a lot of mediocre years in Denver, but not a lot of coaches could be successful with trash like Plummer and Griese at QB.

Ænima

Not to mention Washington won´t have a frist round pick till 2015. Not to say RG3 wasn´t worth it, but in this divison i´d say you wont make the playoffs for another two years at least.

That said, skins seem to have a franchise qb, and how many teams can say that for themselves. Eagles certainly not.
The division is overrated. Aside from the Skins (who have been trash sadly), the other teams have recently only been average to slightly above average in the regular season.

Top Bottom