• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Wes

venison crêpe
Man I feel bad about people that have to watch the Cincy vs Cleveland game.

wJuqk.jpg

Fox318

Marcell Dareus' brother killed
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus has been excused to be with his family after his younger brother was one of three people shot and killed in a suburb of Birmingham, Ala., last weekend.

Coach Chan Gailey expressed his condolences to Dareus and his family. Gailey added on Wednesday that Dareus plans to return in time to play in Buffalo's home-opener against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Dareus' younger brother, Simeon Gilmore, was one of three people shot and killed during a burglary in Pelham, Ala., on Sunday. Authorities said 20-year-old Jon Staggs Jr. has been charged with capital murder and burglary.

Police have not released a possible motive.

Dareus, Buffalo's 2011 first-round draft pick out of Alabama, traveled home earlier this week to be with his family.

squicken said:
iYCYfvku2oPVU.gif

Tough to keep file size down while making it big enough in resolution and also having as much pre-snap action. Animation will suffer but still clear enough imo
Thank you, sir! Iit's ashame Tryon doesn't have better awareness. He tracks the ball a bit better and bodies up Austin a bit earlier and that's likely an interception. He just seems to lose the ball completely. Half a second too late and things go from turnover to TD. Gotta love the NFL.

Mrbob

I see Eznark is bagging on Cutler again. I hope Packers fans enjoyed their two year run, because it ends tomorrow night. Chicago stakes their claim on the division crown for this year and at least the next 5.

You went to Europe for the Netherlands only? Weird, never heard of that.

Me neither, usually they come here for France and Italy, maybe Spain and visit Dutchieland and Germanland because well they are around. Although lately Denmark and Sweden are getting more popular.

Why did you visit here Chuck? Did you like it? Omg do you have family here?!

I would like to go to Europe once.But I'd want to go to Eastern Europe.

What do you mean with Eastern Europe? Russia and all that good stuff? Why ?

Milchjon

Hey, people actually come here to see Berlin. But those people are weird.
Or to visit the Oktoberfest. Those people are my bros.

bionic77

I see Eznark is bagging on Cutler again. I hope Packers fans enjoyed their two year run, because it ends tomorrow night. Chicago stakes their claim on the division crown for this year and at least the next 5.
Why are taking a team that is in sole possession of last place in the division seriously?

They are not first like the Bears or tied for second and one game out of first in the toughest division in football like the Steelers.

Do what I do. Only take real contenders seriously.

Godslay

Banned
Why are taking a team that is in sole possession of last place in the division seriously?

They are not first like the Bears or tied for second and one game out of first in the toughest division in football like the Steelers.

So you only take the Ravens seriously?

Mrbob

Good point. The Packers should have never backed off the Tebow trade this past off season. Rodgers would already been benched and heading into retirement while the hand of god would have blessed GB for the next decade.

Well to be more specific I'd like to visit southeastern Europe,mainly the Balkans,as my grat-grandmother immigrated from there.

Cool! Never been to that part really, heard that the Tjech republic and Croatia are nice places to visit.

This and the crying Mean Girls girl gif are like your signature moves. Hot.

Also, Larry Fitzgerald with a lot of sucking up to Tom Brady via the media, just come to NE, Larry. We have a capable QB to throw you the ball and us fans will show you the respect you deserve.
Just need to re-work your contract a bit

Good point. The Packers should have never backed off the Tebow trade this past off season. Rodgers would already been benched and heading into retirement while the hand of god would have blessed GB for the next decade.

the only chance the bears have to do anything this year is to get rid of jay "the coward" cutler and elevate jason campbell to starting QB.

now your next question might be "Hey wait a minute! Won't jay cutler eventually fake a season ending injury anyways, thus making jason campbell the starting QB??" and while this is true, it will be too late by that point

Cagey

Banned
It looked brutal in person, and it's even worse on the all-22. What in the fuck is Antrel Rolle doing on that play... what was he thinking? Even if he's recklessly playing for the interception, what possible good came of overshooting the route to the sideline? He took himself out of any contention for a play on the ball with that horrific angle. It makes my eyes rain

I mean, it's Antrel Rolle and thus the answer is "he wasn't thinking because he's not good in deep coverage", but it's still infuriating. 1st and 30. FIRST AND FUCKING THIRTY %#@)(*sf09au@)$.

EDIT: and you would think he should have the presence of mind to understand that a fifth-string CB is lined up against Miles Austin, and that it's also FIRST AND THIRTY YARDS TO GO, thus making the conservative over-under bracket play the right play. Someone needs to boost their AWR rating in the offseason.

LiveWire

the only chance the bears have to do anything this year is to get rid of jay "the coward" cutler and elevate jason campbell to starting QB

Only 1 QB from that draft class has ever (and will ever have) amounted to anything. The other two are destined for failure. It won't be long until Alex joins Jason as a backup again.

Tom Dempsey of the New Orleans Saints. Kicked 63 yards in Tulane Stadium, New Orleans.

With a cyborg foot.

LJ11

Well that's not very nice to say. You've ever been here?

Btw were you the Bills fan who went to culinary school?

Culinary school? I grill meat, sometimes fish, oh and scrambled eggs.

Nah, I've never been there, had a chance to go but it didn't work out. Several of my friends and family members have though, had good things to say about it. Was just messing with you, wanted to see your reaction.

Evilore said the people were ugly, you best set him straight!

Personally, I'm quite fond of it. When I think shithole in Europe, I think South and East.

You have to be more specific than just south. I've spent several months in the South and it's awesome. Cousin lives in Barcelona.

Slo

I'm seriously considering backpacking across Europe for 6-8 months. The problem is keeping it a secret from my family.

Slo

"I gotta run to the store, I'll be right back", and don't come back for 7 months.

Good idea. Now why the fuck won't Google give me driving directions from Minnesota to Barcelona? I hear there's lots of Mexicans there. That true, Dutch?

"I gotta run to the store, I'll be right back", and don't come back for 7 months.

This seems like a pretty foolproof plan. Just don't forget to come back with the thing you said you were going to get at the store. I'll buy you 1 beer if you're in the neighborhood.

And if you don't like that plan, just hire a guy who looks just like you to live your life for you and kill him afterwards.

And the third option is cloning. It can't be that hard, they already cloned a sheep once.

Or and this is the best plan, fake that you get murdered and 7 months later show up at your doorstep and when your wife opens up yell 'SUPRISE'!

Milchjon

Culinary school? I grill meat, sometimes fish, oh and scrambled eggs.

Nah, I've never been there, had a chance to go but it didn't work out. Several of my friends and family members have though, had good things to say about it. Was just messing with you, wanted to see your reaction.

Evilore said the people were ugly, you best set him straight!

You have to be more specific than just south. I've spent several months in the South and it's awesome. Cousin lives in Barcelona.

All of it ;-)

I just hate the climate, I guess. Wherever I go, I never really love it, whether it's Spain, France, Italy, Croatia... I've never been to Greece, but I can't imagine I'd like it. Whenever I visit one of these countries, I realize that I can't even fault them for their economies. I wouldn't want to work under those conditions either /ignorant simplifications

I like my grass greener.

Good idea. Now why the fuck won't Google give me driving directions from Minnesota to Barcelona? I hear there's lots of Mexicans there. That true, Dutch?

Can't be that hard to drive to Barcelona, just drive East and soon enough the sign will show up.

Not sure how many Mexicans they got there, didn't see any sombreros, donkeys or drug cartels the last time I was there, but everybody spoke Mexican though!

LJ11

All of it ;-)

I just hate the climate, I guess. Wherever I go, I never really love it, whether it's Spain, France, Italy, Croatia... I've never been to Greece, but I can't imagine I'd like it. Whenever I visit one of these countries, I realize that I can't even fault them for their economies. I wouldn't want to work under those conditions either /ignorant simplifications

I like my grass greener.

hahahaha

The weather can definitely hurt productivity. Summer and spring are great, and it beats NYC's hot humid summer. No clue about the winter though.

Top Bottom