• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Im taking Neurobiology and two independent study courses for my minor and I have more free time than I know what to do with. Admittedly not a whole lot of in class time but still.

da fuck

I'm in General Chemistry and Precalculus/Trig and I'm up to my eyeballs in work.

I might just be dumb.

All you Apple hipsters. I couldn't go back to iOS after experiencing the GS3. Sure it lags behind the iPhone in build quality (hell, it lags behind the HTC one series in build quality too), but it's so damn powerful.

In college and you don't have free time? Based on my recollection of college (which wasn't that long ago!), you're totally doing it wrong.

Engineering majors and heavy doses of procrastination...don't mix well.

squicken

If I wasn't in college and actually had time (as it stands I barely have time to watch the games themselves, let alone the coaches' tape), I'd be all over the all-22's.

You get a much better feel for the complexity and various intricacies of the game from coaches' tape, things that the normal broadcast just can't provide.

I don't know if I'd want to see the Panthers' tape from this week though. Burn that shit.

1. You'll never have more free time than you do in college

2. You should not spend your free time in college watching football tape. That's what old losers do

I found that the key was to take a healthy mix of in-major courses which you work your ass off in, and gen-eds which you slack off/skip class for and get an A or B in anyway.

At UIUC, CS is in the college of engineering, as it should be!

1. You'll never have more free time than you do in college

2. You should not spend your free time in college watching football tape. That's what old losers do
Agreed on both counts. Though I'm not old

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Although I believe Ridley will always be the number 1 on this team over Vereen, I am glad to see him return. Hopefully he can go out and make a name for himself this week.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So is Donald Driver done? Halfway through rewatching the SF-GB game on my DVR and I have yet to see him on the field.

From McGinn's article it sounds like Jennings is on his way out.

Makes sense given his childish demeanor.

So is Donald Driver done? Halfway through rewatching the SF-GB game on my DVR and I have yet to see him on the field.
Played 3 snaps. Packers cycle players in and out, James Jones didn't play a ton first half of last season either.

Z_Y

I have been a Browns fan my whole life.

I have lived through The Drive, The Fumble and The Move.

I am 36 years old.

I have zero confidence I will ever see a Super Bowl victory in my lifetime.

i know he doesn't show up much on the boxscore but justin smith had an excellent game against the packers. seems like he got double teamed on every play and still got a really good push

Narag

Did I just see a commercial for "The Top 10 Things We Love About Tim Tebow?"

WHAT THE FUCK NFL NETWORK, WHAT THE FUCK!

It's not like there's anything to hate about him, guy is a true inspirational figure. Hell, I bet we see Sanchez inspired so much he'll play better than ever, almost as if his job depended on it.

Drakeon

i know he doesn't show up much on the boxscore but justin smith had an excellent game against the packers. seems like he got double teamed on every play and still got a really good push

Gotta say, Justin Smith is probably our best player on the team. Dude is a beast, I'm just sad that he didn't really start to get much recognition before last year.

LJ11

The guy is incredible, he doesn't fucking stop. He frees up Aldon Smith all the time, when A.Smith loops inside it's because the G/T are having issues with Justin. Every team in the league knows it's coming and they still had difficulty stopping it.

You can shit on Nolan and Singletary for being bad coaches, but they brought in some good defensive talent in the front 7.

Doomsayer

The guy is incredible, he doesn't fucking stop. He frees up Aldon Smith all the time, when A.Smith loops inside it's because the G/T are having issues with Justin. Every team in the league knows it's coming and they still had difficulty stopping it.

You can shit on Nolan and Singletary for being bad coaches, but they brought in some good defensive talent in the front 7.

Justin Smith is easily the best player on our defense.

When he was brought in there were so many posters on the 49ers board talking about how he doesn't fit the 3-4, etc... bunch of idiots.

I've watched Justin play DT, NT, DE, and even OLB at times and be incredibly effective at stopping the run and collapsing the pocket. It sucks that he is near the end of his career.

jakncoke

Banned
I have been a Browns fan my whole life.

I have lived through The Drive, The Fumble and The Move.

I am 36 years old.

I have zero confidence I will ever see a Super Bowl victory in my lifetime.

well thats good, but you'll be able to see a hand full of Steelers sb victories
hSfSV.gif

squicken

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Jennings on market?

But now, with his 29th birthday approaching next week, Jennings can't stay on the field. Of the last three games that he's played, he hasn't been able to finish even one.

Jennings suffered a sprained medial collateral knee ligament in mid-December against Oakland and sat out three games. He returned for the playoff game against the Giants but then was able to play just two of the final 23 snaps because of a rib injury.

Less than a week into training camp, Jennings experienced headaches after taking a hit in practice, had to leave the intrasquad scrimmage two days later after absorbing another blow and sat out the next 2½ weeks with a concussion. It was the second concussion of his career; the first came against Arizona in August 2009

Jennings didn't seem comfortable in close quarters ducking the 49ers' headhunting collection of inside linebackers and safeties.

Seems like the same reason the Packers won't extend him is the same reason no one would offer much to trade for him

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Jennings on market?

Seems like the same reason the Packers won't extend him is the same reason no one would offer much to trade for him
Ted will do what Ted does, let the market decide his value.

I think his goal is to play him as little as possible and promote that he's just a system WR and easily replaceable.
Obviously this isn't true but letting the rumor mill spread that Jennings is damaged goods has to hurt his value on the market.

Jennings on market?

Hard to say what robot Ted will do, and if they can't get a deal done they can't get a deal done... (if GJ wants Fitz money he's going to be quite disappointed, because he's not that good)

But the basic premise -- that Jennings is easily replaceable -- is laughable. Jordy is solid, but he's not in the same class. James Jones' deal will be up after next year I think, and Driver doesn't have much left in the tank. Cobb will be great, so that's 2 (counting Jordy). Don't know what we'll do with HoFinley, but it's hardly a logjam when we're talking about the best receiver on the team. There's room to keep Jennings if they can talk him down to an extension VS a big raise.

re: close quarters against the Niners, Jennings and Cobb were the only guys that were really effective in the middle.

Fox318

All you Apple hipsters. I couldn't go back to iOS after experiencing the GS3. Sure it lags behind the iPhone in build quality (hell, it lags behind the HTC one series in build quality too), but it's so damn powerful.

My Galaxy Nexus is built like a brick. It's awesome.

Also Jelly Bean is 10x better than anything apple would put out. The only thing I really fucking want for my phone and tablet is a good terminal.

RBH

I've had my iPhone 4 since July 2010 (been eligible to upgrade since April), and I'm honestly in no rush to upgrade to the iPhone 5 or even change my phone in general for the time being.

It's just been a terrific phone for me (never had a smartphone previously) and I just don't have any complaints about it. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see an S3 or an iPhone 5 in person.

But the basic premise -- that Jennings is easily replaceable -- is laughable. Jordy is solid, but he's not in the same class.
While I agree, people point to the Lions performance as an example of Jennings being expendable.
No Jennings yet the Packers (with Flynn) put up 48 on the Lions. Granted, it's the Lions, but still.

I think the Packers are banking on DJ Williams and Alex Green both developing into strong players.
Who knows if Boykin will stick around but what we saw from him in the preseason was encouraging.

And whatever happens, Nelson, Finley, Cobb, and Jones is hardly a lackluster unit.

At this point, the cost of keeping Jennings is too high. He'd be a luxury, one I'd rather have, but a luxury nonetheless.

squicken

I've had my iPhone 4 since July 2010 (been eligible to upgrade since April), and I'm honestly in no rush to upgrade to the iPhone 5 or even change my phone in general for the time being.

It's just been a terrific phone for me (never had a smartphone previously) and I just don't have any complaints about it. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see an S3 or an iPhone 5 in person.

Sort of in the same boat. Kind of want to wait for for W8 phones and tabs as well as iPad mini. At this point you almost have to think about it all since you are buying into a walled-garden

But recently my phone has starting having some mic issues so that may make my decision for me

beast786

shut your mouth.

What was our bet?

Trying to figure out what Robot Ted will do with Jennings is completely pointless. You'd have more luck trying to figure out why Cutler quit on his team in the most meaningful game of his career. Some things just defy explanation.

Can't remember the article I read it in, but that play was money for GB throughout last season or something to that effect, and SF was the first team to not have their safety bite and stay deep.

Most teams don't have the front 7 that the 9ers have. Safety had no reason to bite on a (nonexistent) run game anyways

beast786

you will be joining them at the bottom very soon. and all of the teams will be looking up at the powerhouse vikings come monday morning!

because you expect EEron to stop choking ? the last 2 big games he has played at home.

Technically we will be tied for second

green bay packers the last place is the only logical possibility.

KaYotiX

Banned
Everyone is basically saying Green Bay is now crap, which means packers win on Thursday and the media can shut the hell up and backpedal all week :)

Everyone is basically saying Green Bay is now crap, which means packers win on Thursday and the media can shut the hell up and backpedal all week :)

welcome to the NFL. people overreact over everything. before last week the 49ers were a 1 year fluke and were going to get blown out by the packers unstoppable offense. now we're #1 or #2 in all the powerrankings. if we lose to detroit we're back to a fluke.

it's a long season and although every win and every loss is important, it will take a few more weeks before you can really get a decent grasp on who is good and who isn't

Top Bottom