• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Owzers

I'm not a Sanchize fan but you can't pull him whenever he has a few bad drives. You have to let him know you'll stick with him. It's why it was so dumb to bring Tebow there. He's toxic unless an established guy is in front of him

They could have done something similar to the first game and hope they'd get better yardage and possibly let Tebow throw once or twice. Instead they pretty much abandoned it.

Nine turnovers and still on top of the NFC East... gonna enjoy this while it lasts.

They should have a nice easy win next week. 3-0 going into Brian Dawkins night against the Giants. Eagles really have a shot to get off to a great start. I am not even worried by the turnovers at all. The defense was lights out in the 2nd half against a really good D, and Vick played incredible. If they can keep doing those things they are going to have a great season.

Bowser

I love how Harbaugh went to the podium and said "our team really sucked it up" - you'd think the 49ers got their ass beat the way he started that presser lol

They should have a nice easy win next week. 3-0 going into Brian Dawkins night against the Giants.
This is what the Pats were saying at the start of this week and look at how that turned out for them, underestimate us at your own peril!!!

Man the NFC West is gonna be decent this year.

This is what the Pats were saying at the start of this week and look at how that turned out for them, underestimate us at your own peril!!!

Man the NFC West is gonna be decent this year.

Pats have no pass rush. I have seen enough Kolb back peddle throws to know that the Eagles are going to eat him alive. They were in Weedon and Flacco's face basically every play this season so far. The defensive pressure has been absolutely insane. Plus the Eagles owe the Cards some revenge for that horrible loss last year. I really dont mean to disrespect the Cards at all but this is a horrible matchup for them.

Bowser

BTW, fucking Chris Johnson has been a huge piece of shit for my team in the GAF Stragglers league...ugh. 21 total rushing yards this season? Are you shitting me?

Doomsayer

NFCW has the best team in the NFL by far, and the rest of the teams are all decent at least. They went from being a joke to being a really solid conference.

I just meant the way he said it; "Man! The NFC West is going to be so decent this year!"

Even the Rams put up a solid win. NFC West is no joke.

Tabris

2-0 in my first fantasy league. I'm the Tim Tebow of my league, my team is absolutely horrible (my first pick is Chris Johnson and my quarterbacks are Russell Wilson and Big Ben, haha) but I somehow find a way to win.

Jeff-DSA

Reggie is beasting, and it's beautiful. It should be interesting to see how Tannehill grows in Miami this year. I still think our ceiling is 7 wins this year, but I'll take that if Tannehill makes good progress all season long.

Any time the Jets and Patriots lose and the Dolphins win, it's a good day.

Drakeon

They should have a nice easy win next week. 3-0 going into Brian Dawkins night against the Giants. Eagles really have a shot to get off to a great start. I am not even worried by the turnovers at all. The defense was lights out in the 2nd half against a really good D, and Vick played incredible. If they can keep doing those things they are going to have a great season.

Uh huh, this is the same team that turned the ball over 9 times in 2 games. You just barely beat Cleveland, I don't think you get to count the Cardinals as an easy win, especially since its not a home game.

cajunator

Banned
Cowboy fan meltdown.

Normally, vids like this are tired, but this one may be an exception.

"I made a video to pump them up." HAHAHA

Fuck.....
Shango dude calm down. At least you aint 0-2 lol.
Fuck the Cowboys but I REALLY respect that dudes passion for the Star. He is 100% bonafide Cowboys superfan. He truly cares for that teams well being with every fiber of his being. I respect no other Dallas fan more (not that I respect many of them)

i need a new niners avatar to give to trasher. i call on you again gaf, my brothers! lest he end up with the ol niners helmet (which im fine with!)

Man you must be going crazy. I am having a hard time thinking of a team more balanced then the 9ers. The D is insane but small hands is playing great and the rushing attack is the perfect compliment. I really dont see any team beating the 9ers in the playoffs if they can stay healthy.

Uh huh, this is the same team that turned the ball over 9 times in 2 games. You just barely beat Cleveland, I don't think you get to count the Cardinals as an easy win, especially since its not a home game.

They have turned the ball over and still found ways to win. The D has been great the first 2 weeks and Vick had one of his best games as a pro today. I think the Eagles matchup great against the Cards, I am not trying to put the Cards down at all.

I just meant the way he said it; "Man! The NFC West is going to be so decent this year!"

Even the Rams put up a solid win. NFC West is no joke.
Baby steps bro, after being shit on by everybody for who knows how long we can't go to being elite overnight. Aiming for adequacy!!!!

Tabris

Man you must be going crazy. I am having a hard time thinking of a team more balanced then the 9ers. The D is insane but small hands is playing great and the rushing attack is the perfect compliment. I really dont see any team beating the 9ers in the playoffs if they can stay healthy.

peyton-manning-broncos-qb.jpg

it's too early to say that. i would say the samething if we were 0-2 and the sky was falling. the season is too long and you can't really base anything off 2 weeks. i do like that we beat 2 playoff teams instead of beating up on garbage. these have been two good early tests but now we have to see if we can keep it up. we can't take teams like the vikings lightly because they are going to be hearing "DAMN U GONNA GET FUCKED UP BY THE NINERS BITCH!" and that riles teams up (just like it did to us last year). it also looks like our division is going to be drastically better overall this year so there really aren't many "easy" games on our schedule

we really need to improve on our catching though. i counted 6 drops tonight and i counted 3 drops last week. we can't have that happen, our offense isn't explosive enough to recover from some of these drops.

Pats have no pass rush. I have seen enough Kolb back peddle throws to know that the Eagles are going to eat him alive. They were in Weedon and Flacco's face basically every play this season so far. The defensive pressure has been absolutely insane. Plus the Eagles owe the Cards some revenge for that horrible loss last year. I really dont mean to disrespect the Cards at all but this is a horrible matchup for them.
I don't know if you watched the Pats games this year but they have a very good pass rush, Chandler Jones is very impressive and so are their LB crew so your wrong about that. The only person I'm worried about on the Eagles is Shady McCoy, everything else is easily manageable and as you saw today our D ain't no joke.

jj-watt-houston-texans.jpg

swatt.gif

I don't know if you watched the Pats games this year but they have a very good pass rush, Chandler Jones is very impressive and so are their LB crew so your wrong about that. The only person I'm worried about on the Eagles is Shady McCoy, everything else is easily manageable and as you saw today our D ain't no joke.

The Pats pass rush isnt even in the same universe as the Eagles. There really is no comparing them. It is comical that you say Shady is the only player you are worried about. Vick has almost 700 yards passing and was incredible today, even without Maclin for a lot of the game. Cards do have a good D so I can see them keeping it close for a while but I think the Eagles D is going to get in Kolbs face a force multiple TO's.

imtehman

Banned
i dont understand why the niners don't take more shots down the field like they did in the opening drive.

Its cool and all to run the ball and do checkdowns but damn if it wouldn't be better to have a chance at a huge cushion lead instead of these 4th quarter heroics

Lolololol easy win? please. I'll be very surprised and disappointed if WE don't win. We were a far worse team when we beat you at home last year. Now we are playing you in our stadium, where we win more games, as a better team. We have the superior defense and you'll be lucky if Vick lasts the game. We're used to having a shoddy OL, still won both games and the Sea Chickens have a better defense than the Eagles. We should take this game and if we do, I don't see any reason we don't go 7-0 because it's all scrubs until the SF game. This is the one possible game where we could lose in this first half stretch, but I feel pretty damn confident going into it and I"ll be there in person to watch the dog slayer go down in flames :)

i dont understand why the niners don't take more shots down the field like they did in the opening drive.

Its cool and all to run the ball and do checkdowns but damn if it wouldn't be better to have a chance at a huge cushion lead instead of these 4th quarter heroics

They did at one point. Davis dropped the pass.

Lolololol easy win? please. I'll be very surprised and disappointed if WE don't win. We were a far worse team when we beat you at home last year. Now we are playing you in our stadium, where we win more games, as a better team. We have the superior defense and you'll be lucky if Vick lasts the game. We're used to having a shoddy OL, still won both games and the Sea Chickens have a better defense than the Eagles. We should take this game and if we do, I don't see any reason we don't go 7-0 because it's all scrubs until the SF game. This is the one possible game where we could lose in this first half stretch, but I feel pretty damn confident going into it and I"ll be there in person to watch the dog slayer go down in flames :)

*bookmarked

dude there was 18 MPH winds. this ain't madden with variable weather turned off!

The Pats pass rush isnt even in the same universe as the Eagles. There really is no comparing them. It is comical that you say Shady is the only player you are worried about. Vick has almost 700 yards passing and was incredible today, even without Maclin for a lot of the game. Cards do have a good D so I can see them keeping it close for a while but I think the Eagles D is going to get in Kolbs face a force multiple TO's.
I didn't say the Pats pass rush was better than the Eagles just that was definitely better than average and to say they had none was obviously wrong.

Sure Vick has put up the yards but is turning the ball over at record breaking pace and if that continues there's no way your D can keep bailing him out. It should be a good game, main thing is we cant go down early because if Kolb is throwing 40-50 times a game we aren't winning shit.

Prepare to be disappointed then. The Eagles D is way better then the Seahawks. I have no idea what you are talking about saying the Seahawks are better.

I didn't say the Pats pass rush was better than the Eagles just that was definitely better than average and to say they had none was obviously wrong.

Sure Vick has put up the yards but is turning the ball over at record breaking pace and if that continues there's no way your D can keep bailing him out. It should be a good game, main thing is we cant go down early because if Kolb is throwing 40-50 times a game we aren't winning shit.

I meant their pass rush is nothing compared to what the Eagles do, I should have been more clear.

Tabris

Tabris just stop. The Falcons are going to beat the Broncos tomorrow.

A) That Falcons safety will be exposed and Grimes is out.
B) Bailey and Porter are going to able to handle Julio and Rodney
C) Turner is too old to run all over us.
D) The best player of all time is going to be starting to get into his groove over the next couple of weeks.

A) That Falcons safety will be exposed.
B) Bailey and Porter are going to able to handle Julio and Rodney
C) Turner is too old to run all over us.
D) The best player of all time is going to be starting to get into his groove over the next couple of weeks.

are you talking about Tamme?

Top Bottom