• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

leepwned_medium.gif

Loved that hit.

and that's golden tate. he's like the smallest guy on the team.

cajunator

Banned
Shango is a pretty good guy from what Ive seen. Old school Dallas fan. He has some great insights. He might be a bit too optimistic but he knows his shit. He also doesnt blindly follow Romo. He also has some hilarious meltdowns.

cajunator

Banned
That hit looks legit. Doesnt seem to be helmet to helmet. Its a bit high but damn I mean....this is football. Let the guys hit each other.

Shango is a pretty good guy from what Ive seen. Old school Dallas fan. He has some great insights. He might be a bit too optimistic but he knows his shit. He also doesnt blindly follow Romo. He also has some hilarious meltdowns.

I have no clue he is but I clicked on a few of his other videos and he seems to know his shit. And he doesn't sound like a complete dumb ass either.. I guess everyone just has that meltdown in them.

They did at one point. Davis dropped the pass.

*bookmarked
That I expect us to win? uh..ok. Usually that kind of comment is reserved for guarantees, I simply said I'd be very surprised if otherwise. I do foresee us winning.
Prepare to be disappointed then. The Eagles D is way better then the Seahawks. I have no idea what you are talking about saying the Seahawks are better.

I meant their pass rush is nothing compared to what the Eagles do, I should have been more clear.
I meant that the Hawk's D is better, not that they are a better team over all. You guys have a lot of talent on paper, but I didn't see it take effect last year. I guess I'm not worried because I feel like our O is disadvantaged against every team with our shoddy protection, yet we still find a way to win. Eagles O is not as good as NE's and we are playing at home. I think we have an excellent chance to win. It's not the possibility of the Eagles winning I find humorous, I took issue with you saying it would be an "easy" win. I don't see any reason we lose this game, Vick is turning the ball over and our D is dominating.

Prepare to be disappointed then. The Eagles D is way better then the Seahawks. I have no idea what you are talking about saying the Seahawks are better.

Yeh from what I've seen I agree the Eagles D is better but only just, the Seachickens D is high quality but the Eagles pass rush is better. Seattle have better safeties though.

I meant their pass rush is nothing compared to what the Eagles do, I should have been more clear.
No problemo!! Should be a good game I'll say that.

Kiryu

It looks legit hit and flags was not thrown. Lee didn't look defenseless player, AND he had his eyes on Russell. If fine is on Golden Tate then I honestly think fine won't be that bad because Seahawks can or could pay that fine.

cajunator

Banned
I have no clue he is but I clicked on a few of his other videos and he seems to know his shit. And he doesn't sound like a complete dumb ass either.. I guess everyone just has that meltdown in them.

Hes actually normally a lot calmer. This game just put him off the deep end.
He has been known to throw shit and get a bit chippy, but this is honestly the first total meltdown I have seen from him. I mean he totally lost it here.

No problemo!! Should be a good game I'll say that.

I can see why Cards fans would be high on their team. That D looks great and Kolb has been careful with the ball so far. I think the Eagles have a better O then the Pats this year, but they do turn the ball over like crazy. I just cant see Kolb playing well, just like I thought the Eagles were going to win today, even thought everyone was picking the Ravens. Some games are good matchups and some are bad. 1 thing I am sure of is the Eagles wont be having Jarret cover Fitz 1 on 1 this game. Man that was ugly last time.

cashman

Banned
I think that was helmet to helmet. Even if it wasn't helmet to helmet:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless
posture.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are:
OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 73

(8) A player who receives a “blindside” block when the blocker is moving toward his own endline and
approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.

(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:

(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of
the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body

cajunator

Banned
look at the rules. it specifically states you can't lead with the head on a blindside block to the HEAD OR NECK. He hit him in the Chest.

Yeah you can see the Seahawks player even ducking his head down so he doesnt hit his helmet. He tried to make a legal hit. didnt look like a malicious play.

Now back to my Saints...
I have NO idea what they can do right now until Vitt gets back. I honestly dont. I dont even think we will win against the Chiefs. Kansas city is not a team to take lightly. Cassel can still fuck us up. Bowe is good. Eric Berry is good. Flowers is good. Whoever the fuck their running backs are are decent. WE are in no position to stop anything they do currently. Unless the Oline gels quickly I foresee a very similar game to the other two. Things are ugly for Saints fans right now. If you fellow fans are reading this hang in there because its getting rough. But we will get through this.

cashman

Banned
Doesn't matter where the hit was, it was still a blind side block and he led with the helmet.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
On a blindside block the player is defenseless and you can't lead with your helmet no matter where you hit him.

Afrikan

Need the gif of them cheering on the TD that got called back by holding

and of the fans running back to the stadium only for them to lose the game. I think it just confirmed they were bad luck.

Gif shows Arizona scoring, then fans leaving, then Patriots scoring, life longs running back, only to see missed kick with fans in disbelief.

etiolate

Banned
Lions safety John Wendling bloodied Smith across the bridge of the quarterback's nose with an unflagged forearm to the face while Smith was sliding near the sideline. Smith responded two plays later by threading a pass to Michael Crabtree for an 11-yard gain on third-and-9. Two plays later, Smith was finding Vernon Davis for the tight end's second touchdown of the game.

"He's as tough as a two-dollar steak," Harbaugh said of Smith. "I grew up eating a lot of them. I know what I’m talking about."

Who's the A-1 sauce then?

Tabris

I swear with fantasy football, what used to be a casual day of taking care of errands and watching football off and on unless it was my teams, has now become an exciting day of not leaving the seat watching football.

I feel kind of bad as I literally did nothing but watch football today but it's just so much fun. I have my iPad with me to check updates and I'm constantly switching games.

At what point does Belichick dump Brady? He can still get something for Brady right now. Probably nothing in a couple of years.

You can't be serious. He's easily a top three quarterback in the league. The problem with the Pats this year is not Brady. Their new offensive coordinator has introduced some new offensive mechanics that are obviously not working.

cajunator

Banned
Its a good thing I dont drink.
Im just kind of numb I guess. The way the offseason started, taking away a head coach that got us so far, teams putting a target on us, going up against possibly the worst two possible QB matchups for our defense to begin the season, the offense being weak under Kromer, the defense regressing to 2007 levels, and all the shit talking by opposing fans. I mean I dont know how I put up with all this shit. Theres a reason I dont shit talk. Its because I know better. I respect every opponent of the Saints.
Its just numbing. I just want to see a bit of hope but there isnt much of any. It reminds me of 2005 in some ways. I mean, should I give up on this season? Am I crazy to keep holding out hope that things will get better? I love my team so much its painful. I know they have the potential to be great. I just dont know if they can reach that potential :(

Top Bottom