• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Narag

You can't be serious. He's easily a top three quarterback in the league. The problem with the Pats this year is not Brady. Their new offensive coordinator has introduced some new offensive mechanics that are obviously not working.

z9qto.jpg

I hope he drives the franchise into the ground.

cajunator

Banned
Yes, how in the hell do people not know this?

Im not really concerned about coordinators on teams other than the Saints.
I follow players and matchups but not staff.
But if Mcdaniels is on the Pats again, why the worries? Wasnt he there in 07 when they set every offensive record in the book?

Probably because they've looked like shit so far. If it wasn't for Ridley having the game of his life in game one of the season they could easily be 0-2.

cajunator

Banned
I could see the Saints sneaking in at 10-6 but it's tough sledding from here, Cajun.

Make or break game against the Packers probably.

I agree with you if they can right the ship very soon.
what really sucks is that we have an interim interim coach. I mean even the interim coach was suspended 6 games so in preseason we had two different HCs leading the team to stage for the regular season. the Saints played better under Vitt. I cant say for sure how much better I think they'll play, but the problems right now arent all Kromer's fault. the offense has no rhythm. The Oline lost chemistry when Nicks left. Grubbs is a great player but he hasnt gelled yet. The Dline needs help. The linebackers are banged up. the corner position is super thin with rookies and backups since Tracy left. Its just a mess. Im not overly surprised that this is going on but I cant help be depressed by it. Brees doesnt have many years left and I really felt like we were knocking on the door before the sanctions came around and everything went to shit. I mean it would be so much easier to take if this was the team at full strength and just not talented enough to get it done but I know that they can do so much better. I mean itsl ike Saints fans have been euphoric about the team finally getting respect in media and on the field. Great teams were talkig about how classy the organization was and Saints fans thought we had honestly turned the corner. and then that whirlwind came in and destroyed everything. Fans never deserve shit like this.

Kiryu

Tell me... How many points did Arizona Cardinals won from Seahawks and Patriots altogether? Patriots lost by 3 points (failed field goal attempt), and Seahawks lost by 6 points (Hawks failed attempt in Redzone)

Now... Arizona Cardinals isn't reason why they won. It was Seahawks/Patriots bad play that make them choke to KOLB FUTURE! and the team. Arizona Cardinals is good team but I predict they will get 8-8 at the best.

Vesmir

Banned
The real story. True talk:

Cards 4 points over Seahawks, which had 20 points over Cowboys, which had 7 points over Giants, which had 7 points over the Bucs, which had 6 points over the Panthers, which had 8 points over the Saints, who lost to the 'Skins.

Saints suck.

Milchjon

Tell me... How many points did Arizona Cardinals won from Seahawks and Patriots altogether? Patriots lost by 3 points (failed field goal attempt), and Seahawks lost by 6 points (Hawks failed attempt in Redzone)

Now... Arizona Cardinals isn't reason why they won. It was Seahawks/Patriots bad play that make them choke to KOLB FUTURE! and the team. Arizona Cardinals is good team but I predict they will get 8-8 at the best.

The Pats gave away the game, but the Cards didn't really make it easy for them. They held Brady and all his weapons to a single TD.

That being said, WTF are the Pats thinking, do they really expect Edelman to fully replace Welker? Well, seems to be working just swell.

Still, Welker had at least two pretty bad non-catches.

Arrrgh, this game.

Cards 4 points over Seahawks, which had 20 points over Cowboys, which had 7 points over Giants, which had 7 points over the Bucs, which had 6 points over the Panthers, which had 8 points over the Saints, who lost to the 'Skins.

Saints suck.

And the Skins lost to the Rams by 3 points thus if the Cards were to play the Saints on a neutral field the Cards should be favorite by 48 points?

What's the over/under for that game? Wait a minute... Saints average 29.5 points a game + 48 points ahhh all make sense now the over/under for Saints/Cards is...... drum roll.... 78 points = cards so 78 + 29 (lets make it 30) is 108.

Cards vs Saints = Cards 78 - Saints 30.

Milchjon

Saints suck.

That parity wheel will be done by week 4.

Niners, wooo! Opening of the game was awesome, too bad I had to miss the rest of it.

Also, watched SD vs Tenn. I am so sorry for Tenn fans cuz that team is trash.

The Pats gave away the game, but the Cards didn't really make it easy for them. They held Brady and all his weapons to a single TD.

That being said, WTF are the Pats thinking, do they really expect Edelman to fully replace Welker? Well, seems to be working just swell.

Still, Welker had at least two pretty bad non-catches.

Arrrgh, this game.
Seriously? We are the ones that gave the game away after that ridiculous fumble, we outplayed you guys for the majority of the day over the 3 phases of the game.

Wrayfield

Seriously? We are the ones that gave the game away after that ridiculous fumble, we outplayed you guys for the majority of the day over the 3 phases of the game.

You tried very hard to give that game away, true, but it was the Pats gave it away with that miss. Dunno why Gostkowski pulled a Cundiff there...

Milchjon

Well, if we kicked the FG, you would have given away the game. But missing a 42-yarder to win it is "giving away the game", too.

But I don't really disagree. Like I said, we didn't get anything going.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
This Jets loss still hurts, nothing like the first loss of the season and shitting the bed in a "big" game.

Only week two so really it is not a big game unless a divisional opponent, still really sucked though.

Should beat the Dolphins easily next Sunday...if not we are really in trouble.

cajunator

Banned
If a game comes down to a field goal it means the other team played pretty well.
When it comes down to one score like that whether you make it or not it means your team didnt do enough to distance itself enough from the other team to win even if it misses. Making a game winning field goal means your team basically played just well enough to win, but a miss shouldnt make or break a game if your team played better.

JaMarco

You can't be serious. He's easily a top three quarterback in the league. The problem with the Pats this year is not Brady. Their new offensive coordinator has introduced some new offensive mechanics that are obviously not working.
Don't waste your time with stupid troll comments.

Wrayfield

Im happy to see Reggie Bush succeeding. He needed a better run blocking Oline and to be the featured back. In our offense he was part of a RB committee and couldnt get the carries.

You guys were top 7 in rushing last year (I think), so it couldn't've just been the line, as you rightly pointed out. Being the feature back does him some good, also he seems to have matured after all this Heisman shit. Much calmer and doesn't seem to expect that things are given to him. That helps a lot, I think. He's always had the tools. I just hope he can take the beating on a regular basis, he seemed more fragile in NO.

Their "new" offensive coordinator is their old and trusted one. Plus Brady is a pure timing QB. That's why it's hard to judge their first few games until Brady learns his receivers, like Lloyd.

Top Bottom