• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Which of the following do you think will continue on their early success?

Brian Hartline
Donnie Avery
Andre Brown

Yeah, it's for fantasy football, but whatever, you can have opinion even if you don't like it.

Brian Hartline
Donnie Avery
Andre Brown

Yeah, it's for fantasy football, but whatever, you can have opinion even if you don't like it.

Probably Hartline.

Avery is injury prone and Amendola will get all the looks and Brown is just there til Bradshaw comes back.

dschalter

Players are ok with paying each other to injure one and other. I don't give a flying fuck about their injury chances since they clearly don't. And look at Cruz's dance, no one gives a fuck about good sportsmanship either.

Eh, it's very hard to tell what players actually think about bounties, given that no one wants to be labeled a wimp, which there's a serious danger of if you indicate that you are upset about being hit.

(I was on my phone all day yesterday so I wasn't able to post this when the Pats choked like the chokers they are)

I would Gronk that girl in the background.

Also regarding Welkaaaah, McDaniels is trying to work him out of the system, trying to make Tom look at Lloyd as his new 'Welker'. I think that is why Welker didn't really see the field and Lloyd got forced the ball on every fucking down.

It's stupid, you have like 15 million left in cap space, pay the man! He got almost a 100 yards yesterday in 3 quarters and even if you don't wanna pay him and want to let him walk next year, just play him every snap since he clearly is your best receiver.

Wes

venison crêpe
elihit_medium.gif

I don't get the problem with this. Surely in the history of football some team somewhere has fumbled from the snap on taking a knee. Tampa trying their hardest for any way back in to the game. Surely it's up to the giants OL to protect that play, even if it is taking a knee.

Or does tradition/general understanding between the players trump all that?

eznark

Banned
Eh, it's very hard to tell what players actually think about bounties, given that no one wants to be labeled a wimp, which there's a serious danger of if you indicate that you are upset about being hit.

False, it's very clear what they think. The NFLPA is defending the Saints players, so the NFLPA condones bounties. Speak with dollah dollah bills.

Also regarding Welkaaaah, McDaniels is trying to work him out of the system, trying to make Tom look at Lloyd as his new 'Welker'. I think that is why Welker didn't really see the field and Lloyd got forced the ball on every fucking down.

It's stupid, you have like 15 million left in cap space, pay the man! He got almost a 100 yards yesterday in 3 quarters and even if you don't wanna pay him and want to let him walk next year, just play him every snap since he clearly is your best receiver.

Im not worried a bout Welker.I think he'll be fine.

dschalter

False, it's very clear what they think. The NFLPA is defending the Saints players, so the NFLPA condones bounties. Speak with dollah dollah bills.

It's the NFLPA's job to defend players who are disciplined by the commissioner, so I don't see that as being particularly significant.

I don't get the problem with this. Surely in the history of football some team somewhere has fumbled from the snap on taking a knee. Tampa trying their hardest for any way back in to the game. Surely it's up to the giants OL to protect that play, even if it is taking a knee.

A NFL game has been lost on a fumbled kneeldown.

Godslay

Banned

McD has never seemed to like small slot guys. Same thing happened with Stokley.

"We don't want our players to play 18 games a season, think about their futures, their health, Tebow!" "Some of our clients were paid extra by other clients to injure our clients and got suspended because of that ? THE OUTRAGE!"

NFLPA is a great organization.

I agree with you, they just go hard after the ball, the Giants stopped playing thinking that they won already and got blindsided by the rush. I blame Eli Manning

Im not worried a bout Welker.I think he'll be fine.

I just want him resigned for 2/3 years.

McD has never seemed to like small slot guys. Same thing happened with Stokley.

In Welker his first year in NE, McD was the OC and Welker got 1100 yards and 8 TDs.

Nice article from Matt Stafford in the Washington Post about replacement refs. He makes some valid points.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...s&Post+generic=?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpost

But the problem is, it seems nothing will stop people from watching football. While a good deal of ball spots, calls and missed calls are laughable, we're still watching. In other words, the league feels no pressure to get the real refs back. I suppose the only thing that will do it is when a really important owner or two get ticked off enough to break ranks and sound off about it.

Eagles starting C is likely out for the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury yesterday against the Ravens.
Wow such a lucky team. C and LT already lost for the season.
Someone gets it, someone doesn't. Not shocking to see where the guy from Philly landed.

I get the Stafford joke but you said it was a good article even though it is anti-scab and I know that cant be right.

eznark

Banned
But the problem is, it seems nothing will stop people from watching football. While a good deal of ball spots, calls and missed calls are laughable, we're still watching. In other words, the league feels no pressure to get the real refs back. I suppose the only thing that will do it is when a really important owner or two get ticked off enough to break ranks and sound off about it.

I think the woman is full of shit, I just think she looks like Matt Stafford. I have no problem with the replacement officials personally, they haven't affected my ability to enjoy the sport any more than the baby refs have.

Wes said:
That's the disconnect, really. Those defending have an understandable viewpoint - play your hardest until the clock is at zero. Those opposed to the play see it as a general understanding of the team being in victory formation.

I'm fairly reasonable about it and some good points have been made about it from both sides. At the end of the day, I think it's a fairly moot topic. I'd be surprised if Schiano calls it again in a game moving forward. It will be another controversy at the level of the handshake that will be brought up ad nauseum the next time the two teams play...

Wrayfield

Brian Hartline
Donnie Avery
Andre Brown

Avery if Collie doesn't come back from his concussion stuff too soon.

DMczaf

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/17/nfl-sides-with-buccaneers-on-kneel-down-controversy/

Giants coach Tom Coughlin says Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano crossed the line by having his defensive linemen drill the Giants’ offensive linemen in an attempt to cause a fumble when the Giants were kneeling down on the last play of Sunday’s game.

But the NFL says Coughlin is wrong, and the Bucs didn’t violate any rules. The league says there will be no action taken and there were no violations during or after the kneel-down play, according to Mike Garafolo of USA Today.

In other words, NFL rules say a kneel-down play is a real play just like any other plays, and neither side needs to let up. Linemen on both sides can smash into each other just as they do on every other play, and if a defensive lineman makes it through before the quarterback kneels, he’s free to try to strip the ball.

Deal with it, you salty old fuck!

coughlinschiano.jpg

I think the woman is full of shit, I just think she looks like Matt Stafford. I have no problem with the replacement officials personally, they haven't affected my ability to enjoy the sport any more than the baby refs have.

Yeah, she looks like Stafford, but I didn't see the need to insult her. Actually, I think she looks tougher than Stafford.

Sky Chief

A couple of thoughts about the Skins/Rams

- Jeff has really inspired the Rams. I think they'll definitely improve, well they already have. It's amazing how a coach can change the culture of a team.
- RGIII is the real deal. I'm thankful that we have him. Sure, it's 2 games in but his traits aren't a fluke. He's composed, he's mature and intelligent.
- I believe that Mike should have gone for it on 4th down, having Cundiff kick is basically quitting, especially from that distance.
- The Redskins defense is in shambles.
- The referee's in week2 became a danger to player safety.
- While the Redskins could have won, they didn't. Congrats to the Rams.

I agree with everything you say.

However, I'm a little dismayed at the bolded part. I agree that the culture has changed a lot but it is sad when a team plays so dirty on every play just because they know the replacement refs can't control it. The cheap shots came so frequently and from so many players that you know the Rams coaching staff must have promoted it and that is truly reprehensible and classless.

Redskins unfortunately did not adapt and lost their cool. Smart gameplan from the Rams but they lost all integrity and dignity in the process. Fisher also further entrenched his reputation as a coach of chippy, cheap shot teams who will do anything to win a game regardless of sportsmanship.

squicken

Caught just a bit of the Rams replay before I left this morning. No idea why WAS played so much zone. Anyone who has ever watched a Rams game knows that the WRs have trouble beating press and man. Letting them release free and find spots in zones plays to their lone strength. Bradford targeted Amendola for 16 passes and completed 15. Killed them with that all game. Bad game by Haslett

krzy123

Caught just a bit of the Rams replay before I left this morning. No idea why WAS played so much zone. Anyone who has ever watched a Rams game knows that the WRs have trouble beating press and man. Letting them release free and find spots in zones plays to their lone strength. Bradford targeted Amendola for 16 passes and completed 15. Killed them with that all game. Bad game by Haslett

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Woo just lost my job. Kinda like cutler should.

Couldn't be happier.

interested to see how the mannings do against the cowardly Ryans tonight

Seanspeed

Banned
Hopefully the coaches will learn that Welker is better than Edelman and play him more.
If the coaches are still working on figuring that out, then we're screwed.

It's funny the Patriots lost a game to an inferior team because of a missed field goal the week before they play the Ravens.
About as funny as the Ravens losing a game to an inferior team with their no-huddle offense a week before they play the Patriots. :)

Gronk's holding call really killed us.

Top Bottom