• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Milchjon

:lol

This place is great. Too bad IRL most of us are probably boring, pale nerds.

I ain't pale

I got a wicked sunburn a few days ago

:lol @ the Pats going away from Welker.

He carried their offense for the past 4 years and now they throw him in the trash because he wants a new contract. I am sure that will play in the locker room. I won't complain though. No Welker means Brady will continue to look horrible and that is all I ever really wanted.

bionic being happy means me being sad.

Nori Chan

So I drafted CJ2IN and I had the last pick in the draft so for the lulz, I drafted tebow.

if i put tebow where cj was i would've gotten more points than cj :|

bionic wants Brady on the Steelers

Brady is so done. I think I'd rather have Flacco than Brady. At least we can bail after this year when he continues to suck. Brady's going to hold on Brett Favre style, only with less talent and a bigger contract.

Seriously through, if Brady doesn't play well next week, he really might have fell off a cliff.

Brady is so done. I think I'd rather have Flacco than Brady. At least we can bail after this year when he continues to suck. Brady's going to hold on Brett Favre style, only with less talent and a bigger contract.

Seriously through, if Brady doesn't play well next week, he really might have fell off a cliff.

Brady is done after one bad game?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Did Flacco end up getting a contract extension?

No, talks broke off last week I think. I'm not sure if it was before or after that "amazing game" he had. I wouldn't be surprised that he figured he would play an elite year and get a better offer.

Unfortunately for Flacco, he's Flacco.

BAL game and Giants game he was bad. Guess he roughed up the awful Titans before crapping the bed versus AZ. Even with a broken neck it's still Peyton > Brady

Brady was doing great in the Giants game until he got sacked and landed on his shoulder.

He had like 10 straight completions or something like that then.

Bowser

No, talks broke off last week I think. I'm not sure if it was before or after that "amazing game" he had. I wouldn't be surprised that he figured he would play an elite year and get a better offer.

Unfortunately for Flacco, he's Flacco.

Actually, I think they said on Sunday Countdown that the Ravens decided to stop contract negotiations weeks ago and that after Flacco's game against the Bengals, a Flacco friend said "no more discount" (it was actually referred to as "something discount", but I can't remember what the something was :/) for the Ravens.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...ore-ravens-no-longer-talking-deal-sources-say

Did Flacco end up getting a contract extension?

Thank God, no! I was worried they were going to put into overdrive after last week, but Flacco's inner shittiness couldn't let that happen. Few more shit games and we can part amicably. Not amicably for me, I hate that guy, but for him and Baltimore.

TheFatOne

Brady was doing great in the Giants game until he got sacked and landed on his shoulder.

He had like 10 straight completions or something like that then.
I thought brady was good right from the start. I like how he came in guns blazing with a safety. Dont give a shit that he had 10 straight completions he was garbage.

Greg

Thank God, no! I was worried they were going to put into overdrive after last week, but Flacco's inner shittiness couldn't let that happen. Few more shit games and we can part amicably. Not amicably for me, I hate that guy, but for him and Baltimore.
this is the Larry I know

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
BaltimoreLarry said:
Heh.

My wife called him the horror of Baltimore yesterday. I was watching the Giants game downstairs in my den and she was watching the Ravens game upstairs in the living room. All I heard was "You fucking moron!" over and over again.:jnc

Bowser

Panthers are going to be dealing with injuries as well as the Giants. RT Byron Bell hurt his ankle, X-rays were negative but his status for Thursday is "uncertain." Thomas Davis tweaked his hamstring, but he should be able to participate in walk through today according to Rivera. No mention of anyone else during today's presser, but Stewart and Smith both looked like they had reaggravated previous injuries (ankle sprain for Stew and sore knee for Smitty) and were playing through pain (a 100% healthy Smith would have taken that wide open pass to the endzone rather than getting caught from behind).

These Thursday games are pretty clearly a money grab and must suck for the players.

Sanjuro

They could use Waters right now. Some of the problems on the offense is the right side of the line. Vollmer keeps going in and out of the game.

Not sure that is going to help. The offense is going to need to find new ways of getting plays off faster and better integrate Ridley.

Brady used to be the most mobile QB in the pocket, but clearly he is now looking to absorb the hit much quicker now. His deep game is gone.

So glad the Pack won and the crisis seems to be averted for now, but right now it's Broncos time in the Denver. They can win and I think they SHOULD win tonight but there can't be any mistakes. If they can handle the business they will be looking at a great season.

So glad the Pack won and the crisis seems to be averted for now, but right now it's Broncos time in the Denver. They can win and I think they SHOULD win tonight but there can't be any mistakes. If they can handle the business they will be looking at a great season.
I really hope tonight's game turns into a shootout.

overcast

I haven't been writing here lately at all. Let me just say, the Rams have made so many noticeable improvements in the first two weeks. First of all they are fucking competitive, they went down 21-6 in the first half, last year that would have ended up 35-6 easily. Bradford seems to be improving a lot over last year. He looks a lot more comfortable. Even when he threw a bad INT in the red zone, he came back and threw a TD. Robert Quinn looks great, Amendola looks reliable, and Richardson looks like a solid back up for Jackson.

Rams should be 2-0 (Lions game should have been ours).

TheFatOne

Whats Waters story anyway?Has he shown up?I havent been following him lately.

He is looking for more money, and Pats don't want to pay him.

Not sure that is going to help. The offense is going to need to find new ways of getting plays off faster and better integrate Ridley.

Brady used to be the most mobile QB in the pocket, but clearly he is now looking to absorb the hit much quicker now. His deep game is gone.

Any time you add a pro bowl caliber player it will help the oline, but I get what you mean. The easy answer is to use Welker more. If Welker doesn't get more touches this game then, the Pats are definitely dicking him around. I'm still Lloyd has been really solid for the Pats so far, but it takes some time to get him the ball. I wish I had nfl rewind to rewatch the game. I really wanted to see how the Pats shut Fitzgerald down. The defense has been damn good so far, and it will be fun seeing how they do against a solid offense.

SonnyBoy

Rams should be 2-0 (Lions game should have been ours).

I didn't see the Lions game but I wouldn't say that the Rams "should" be anything. Either of those games could have gone in either direction. If it wasn't for a boneheaded play by Josh Morgan, they could have just as easily lost. It's not as if the Rams were stopping RGIII.

ari

Banned
Can someone explained to me why that Williams catch wasn't legal in yesterday's giants/bucs game? Still heated about that.

overcast

I didn't see the Lions game but I wouldn't say that the Rams "should" be anything. Either of those games could have gone in either direction. If it wasn't for a boneheaded play by Josh Morgan, they could have just as easily lost. It's not as if the Rams were stopping RGIII.
Okay, we could be 2-0. Either way, the point is that the Rams are at least mildly competitive thus far.

We will still probably go 6-10

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
wilfork.jpg

He is looking for more money, and Pats don't want to pay him

I found out that this isn't the case. Pats want him to take a paycut. He just wants the money he was promised with the contract he signed.

I don't get the Patriots. They re-sign Gronk and Hernando to big deals, but leave Welker out to dry and fuck Waters after a great first year.

Wilfork might be the most likable player on the team. I love that guy.

ari said:
Can someone explained to me why that Williams catch wasn't legal in yesterday's giants/bucs game? Still heated about that.
Looking at the replay, I thought it was a catch as well.

He has both feet down and control of the ball and then Rolle hits him and dislodges it out of bounds. Should have been a catch/fumble but it is what it is.

Top Bottom