• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

About as funny as the Ravens losing a game to an inferior team with their no-huddle offense a week before they play the Patriots. :)

Full disclosure, I didn't see any of the Ravens game, I was at the O's/A's game watching them salvage one of the series, but I heard they didn't run as much no-huddle in that game. I know the fault lies with Flacco, but the playcalling, at least from what I've heard from people who watched the game, seemed to be made by Cameron.

effzee

Eagles starting C is likely out for the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury yesterday against the Ravens.

FUCK!

They only had 7 healthy OLINE dressed for the game and lost two.

What is the word on Dunlap? They will definitely need to pick someone up. Kelce was turning out to be a pretty solid C.

Just looked at the schedule and the Eagles MUST beat the Cards. The games following that are Giants, Steelers, Lions, and Falcons in a row.

At best I see them going 2-2 during that stretch. Have to go into the Giants game 3-0.

On the plus side wife just bought me tickets to the Falcons game in Philly for Oct 28th!

Hellion

ibkvW21PNihR0g.gif

(I was on my phone all day yesterday so I wasn't able to post this when the Pats choked like the chokers they are)

I hear this watching that lol.

brentech

They booted you on a Monday? Who lets people go on a Monday? That's like blitzing an end of game kneel down.
It is weird, but I've seen people let go on Thursday, to be told to come back on Friday and pick up their stuff. They were only allowed to take needed personal items when they were told they lost their job.

eznark

Banned
Ez, do you believe in buying American? Even when the furiners offer a better product? How about supporting mom 'n pop shops over WalMart?

No and no. I believe in making the most effective and efficient purchasing decisions for you and yours. Fuck your mom.

Seanspeed

Banned
Full disclosure, I didn't see any of the Ravens game, I was at the O's/A's game watching them salvage one of the series, but I heard they didn't run as much no-huddle in that game. I know the fault lies with Flacco, but the playcalling, at least from what I've heard from people who watched the game, seemed to be made by Cameron.

Just trash talkin man. I like the Ravens and was pretty pissed to see the Eagles win. Patriots didn't lose the game because of a missed field goal either, really. It was a minor miracle they even had the chance to take it in the first place. Plenty of other areas to point fingers at. Gostkowski made some real good FG's earlier in the game to keep them in it. Missing the 2-point conversion, Hernandez out, lack of Welker, lack of pass protection, Gronk's holding call on a TD run that would have won us the game, etc. All far more significant.

Slo

No and no. I believe in making the most effective and efficient purchasing decisions for you and yours. Fuck your mom.

Well, I gotta give you credit for being consistent. Most country music fans walk right into that one. Gotta disagree with your short shortsightedness though.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
They booted you on a Monday? Who lets people go on a Monday? That's like blitzing an end of game kneel down.
Yea. Probably because I took all of last week off and they couldn't fire me then. Took last week off because I knew I was leaving and wanted to use some of my vaca. Been looking for new jobs because of the change in management.

Congra--- wait! Was it that bad?
it was annoying. They want to micromanagement everything. And they wanted me to go back to being a help desk monkey, instead of server/network admin.

Sorry to hear that? Or should I say congrats?
neither.

cajunator

Banned
Gotta be honest; I agree with Schiano. Game's not over, try to win. I find it refreshing frankly.

Agreed. Play to the very last second. Especially if they are kneeling with about a minute to go.

How many NFL games have featured a kneel down at the end of the game being recovered by the opposing team?

No, however here is a video showing that it has happened in a football game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMW83i4__Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=393s
and another time lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQz4BFbgARI&feature=related

Yea. Probably because I took all of last week off and they couldn't fire me then. Took last week off because I knew I was leaving and wanted to use some of my vaca. Been looking for new jobs because of the change in management.

Ahh, that makes sense. Good move, always take the vacation days coming to you.

squicken

I agree with everything you say.

However, I'm a little dismayed at the bolded part. I agree that the culture has changed a lot but it is sad when a team plays so dirty on every play just because they know the replacement refs can't control it. The cheap shots came so frequently and from so many players that you know the Rams coaching staff must have promoted it and that is truly reprehensible and classless.

Redskins unfortunately did not adapt and lost their cool. Smart gameplan from the Rams but they lost all integrity and dignity in the process. Fisher also further entrenched his reputation as a coach of chippy, cheap shot teams who will do anything to win a game regardless of sportsmanship.

They were chippy. Jenkins hit on Davis would have been fine had he hit him the chest. He missed by 6 inches and hit his shoulder/neck. The stuff they did, as I noted, is all the shoving after the whistle. That's what Fisher teams do.

There's a story in the WAS Post about the Rams plan to stop Griffin: hit him when he runs. Guess what? Everyone will do that. Also, Griffin is a little whiny. Cries a bit and plays up injuries and hits. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...6e21e4-0060-11e2-bbf0-e33b4ee2f0e8_story.html

tld;dr I don't give a fuck if they steal candy from kids at Halloween. I'm sick of losing and if this is how you change the culture there than it is what it is.

No word on any of the injuries from the Giants game outside of more clarity on David Diehl. He has an MCL sprain. No word on the MRI or how much time he'll miss as of yet.

hopefully a great deal. I seriously don't wish the guy ill, but the best thing that happened yesterday was Diehl coming out and Beatty taking over at LT again

bionic77

Like you I don't buy my own clothes. I don't think my wife buys clothes from Walmart but I have no earthly idea.
WTF?

I actually do buy my own clothes. Though I will admit that I don't wash them anymore.

Man you sconis are a strange breed. Are there any netflix or YT documentaries about your people? I want the censored one where everyone is wearing their shirts. While I might lose some of the flavor that is just not an image I like to see.

eznark

Banned
I don't waste my time on nonsense shit like clothes shopping or being a father, I have important things to do.

They were chippy. Jenkins hit on Davis would have been fine had he hit him the chest. He missed by 6 inches and hit his shoulder/neck. The stuff they did, as I noted, is all the shoving after the whistle. That's what Fisher teams do.

There's a story in the WAS Post about the Rams plan to stop Griffin: hit him when he runs. Guess what? Everyone will do that. Also, Griffin is a little whiny. Cries a bit and plays up injuries and hits. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...6e21e4-0060-11e2-bbf0-e33b4ee2f0e8_story.html

tld;dr I don't give a fuck if they steal candy from kids at Halloween. I'm sick of losing and if this is how you change the culture there than it is what it is.

Exactly. The idea that the Rams were cheap/chippy because of the replacement refs is laughable.

SonnyBoy

I agree with everything you say.

However, I'm a little dismayed at the bolded part. I agree that the culture has changed a lot but it is sad when a team plays so dirty on every play just because they know the replacement refs can't control it. The cheap shots came so frequently and from so many players that you know the Rams coaching staff must have promoted it and that is truly reprehensible and classless.

Redskins unfortunately did not adapt and lost their cool. Smart gameplan from the Rams but they lost all integrity and dignity in the process. Fisher also further entrenched his reputation as a coach of chippy, cheap shot teams who will do anything to win a game regardless of sportsmanship.

Well, I wasn't referring to the chippiness that was displayed. But that I sensed that his players felt as if they could win the game. When you have a franchise that hasn't done so well in recent years, some times it's hard to shake that mentality.

However, I'm not well versed in Jeff's style of coaching, so I didn't know this was an "issue" of his.

VoxPop

Anyone know how long Ahmad Bradshaw is out? Andre Brown looked damn good out there yesterday.

Also what the hell is up with CJ2K and Larry Fitz

VoxPop said:
Anyone know how long Ahmad Bradshaw is out? Andre Brown looked damn good out there yesterday.
No word on how severe the neck injury is. I would not count on him playing in Carolina on Thursday. Andre Brown will end up starting that game with Wilson as his backup.

krzy123

Well, I wasn't referring to the chippiness that was displayed. But that I sensed that his players felt as if they could win the game. When you have a franchise that hasn't done so well in recent years, some times it's hard to shake that mentality.

However, I'm not well versed in Jeff's style of coaching, so I didn't know this was an "issue" of his.

Haynesworth stomping, bounty Gregg Williams, etc. Fisher's teams have always been like that.

Sky Chief

I don't waste my time on nonsense shit like clothes shopping or being a father, I have important things to do.

Exactly. The idea that the Rams were cheap/chippy because of the replacement refs is laughable.

Yes, Fisher teams are always chippy. However, there should have been several unsportsmanlike conduct penalties called in the game that were not and this made the game far more so.

Real refs would have started throwing flags and cleaned that stuff up when say RG3 got his head slammed into the ground after the play is over or London Fletcher takes a huge blind side hit long after the play is over. The refs saw both of these plays clearly but inexplicably did nothing.

squicken

In general that's right in that fisher teams always do whatever they can get away with. But they were worse than usual b/c they knew they could get away with more. Finnegan will always shove after the whistle but not in the head. They neck tackled RG3 a few times and shoved his head to ground. They wouldn't have risked the penalties on that if the real refs were around. It was really bad and emotions were only fueled by the frustration of some really awful calls. Refs didn't have control of the game. There was a stretch of about 10 minutes where Shanny was basically teaching them the rules

I know you are doing your eznark Devil's Advocate thing but the game was very different b/c the real refs weren't there. Now, that's not the case in every game. Colts and Texans games seemed about the same as any other, for example.

TheFatOne

McDaniels is back as offensive coordinator and I'm pretty sure they're trying to get away from the predictability of Welker-centered offense (short downs). Now that Hernandez is out Welker will probably get more catches though.
Pretty much this. It's obvious McDaniels prefers Lloyd over Welker. My only issue is that Welker has to be featured more than Welker jr. I think the Pats prefer Edelman because he is the superior blocker. A lot of talk this preseason about being more balanced with Ridley. At least that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

squicken

Only thing I can think of is that he has coached the Oilers/Titans for as long as a college coach would coach a team.

He's very good at getting the most out of okay and bad players. He hasn't had playoff success but I'd argue that he did quite well when he had McNair, and just like most coaches, you are only consistently good when you get consistently good QB play

ed: oh yeah forgot about McD. Rams scored their point number 54 in week 7 last year. They have 56 this year. He's bad. Not good. And I like Schotty. He's calling a good game and not trying to get guys to do things they can't do. They will of course get exposed if they have to throw it late in games. Don't have personnel to do that

bionic77

:lol @ the Pats going away from Welker.

He carried their offense for the past 4 years and now they throw him in the trash because he wants a new contract. I am sure that will play in the locker room. I won't complain though. No Welker means Brady will continue to look horrible and that is all I ever really wanted.

:lol @ the Pats going away from Welker.

He carried their offense for the past 4 years and now they throw him in the trash because he wants a new contract. I am sure that will play in the locker room. I won't complain though. No Welker means Brady will continue to look horrible and that is all I ever really wanted.

Brady will look horrible with Gronk, Hernandez and Lloyd? No wai. I'm a Jets fan and I can even acknowledge their weapons.

Top Bottom