• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

see5harp

Eh, I like Barnwell's articles.

I actually find a lot of their sports writing pretty decent. I just think their music/reality tv/movie articles and hilarious you tube video discussions are hilarious. I like their coverage of boxing. Their retrospective on White Men Can't Jump along with interviews and quotes from the actors was the best thing I read last month. I still think Kang is the best writer there.

squicken

Eh, I like Barnwell's articles.

Same. Hating a writer b/c he writes mean things about your team or admits he was wrong is silly. If I was going to hate the guy it would be b/c of the big error he made on the football study

Still, 49ers fans act like he predicted them to go 3-13. He said they'd go 10-6, and acknowledged that they had the best coach in sports and could possibly exceed that w/ a training camp/offseason.

My one problem with football writers that rely on stats is that they imply certain things b/c the numbers swing year to year. Well obviously. No sport has such wild swings year to year as football. So while recovering fumbles 70% of the time may not be sustainable year over year, is it sustainable from Week 1 to Week 17 if the team is flying to the ball and gang tackling that particular year?

bionic77

Man, that first Niners drive. I usually only keep one bucket by me during the games to fill with cum but after that first drive I knew I was going to need a second bucket
He did not specify whose jizz he was filling the bucket with.

This might explain why FMT cannot post during Niner games...

My fucking god they made the iPhone 5 expensive as fuuuuuuuuuuuck here. Got an email that I got dibs on the first batch via my provider, but holy cow they made it expensive as fuck.

For a 32 gigabytes with the same dataplan as I have now I would have to pay 25 bucks per month extra then I do now, would have to pay extra for visual voicemail (which is free now) and above that I would have to pay 250 euros (not your cheap ass dollars) for the device itself.

Rape me gently, T-mobile.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
:jnc

I didn't believe it, but it's true. 31 to 21.

M64k6.png

My fucking god they made the iPhone 5 expensive as fuuuuuuuuuuuck here. Got an email that I got dibs on the first batch via my provider, but holy cow they made it expensive as fuck.

For a 32 gigabytes with the same dataplan as I have now I would have to pay 25 bucks per month extra then I do now, would have to pay extra for visual voicemail (which is free now) and above that I would have to pay 250 euros (not your cheap ass dollars) for the device itself.

You should go to Amsterdam.Become a prostitute.

Milchjon

Do you have the 4S?

Because I don't see how that's worth it under these conditions.

Same. Hating a writer b/c he writes mean things about your team or admits he was wrong is silly. If I was going to hate the guy it would be b/c of the big error he made on the football study

Almost anytime I ever learn of a writer's work it's someone here hating on them. Though I guess they don't hate them enough to not read their work or listen to them.

**cough** Skip Bayless **cough**

Raiders DT Tommy Kelly,
"This week was must-win. But, Miami, we're supposed to have this one. I'm sorry. You take your hats off to them, but, hey, if we can't beat Miami, it's going to be rough. It's going to be rough."
Yes it is, Tommy Kelly, yes it is.

effzee

Safe to assume that whenever Fred Jackson comes back he won't be starting or getting majority of the carries?

Thought I had stole him as my #3 RB.

bionic77

Wuss.

I am paying $300 for the 32 GB but I maintain my same shitty AT&T plan that has "unlimited" but also non-existent LTE service. I wish I could pay the full retail of 600-800 for my smartphone and get a 30 dollar plan with enough internet and voice for my needs.

I am still upgrading in the hope I get 4 type battery life again. The 4S sucked balls.

And this is crazy. But I am considering getting a WiiU at launch. Fuck launches. So damn appealing. I remember being sucked into the Wii and PS3 launch and outside of Wii tennis and bluray movies there was not much use for either for a long ass while! But launches are so much fun I think it is almost worth the price of overpaying to be an early adopter.

Wuss.

I am paying $300 for the 32 GB but I maintain my same shitty AT&T plan that has "unlimited" but also non-existent LTE service. I wish I could pay the full retail of 600-800 for my smartphone and get a 30 dollar plan with enough internet and voice for my needs.

I am still upgrading in the hope I get 4 type battery life again. The 4S sucked balls.

And this is crazy. But I am considering getting a WiiU at launch. Fuck launches. So damn appealing. I remember being sucked into the Wii and PS3 launch and outside of Wii tennis and bluray movies there was not much use for either for a long ass while! But launches are so much fun I think it is almost worth the price of overpaying to be an early adopter.

I think this is the first Nintendo console I won't be buying at launch.

Launch lineup looks good and i'm excited for the console, but I just don't have time to sink into video games like I used to. Now if I want to game I have to sacrifice sleep, and I LOVE sleeping.

My daughter was at her grandmother's last week so naturally I thought i'd catch up on my gaming - I spent most of my free time at Home Depot.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I think this is the first Nintendo console I won't be buying at launch.

Launch lineup looks good and i'm excited for the console, but I just don't have time to sink into video games like I used to. Now if I want to game I have to sacrifice sleep, and I LOVE sleeping.

My daughter was at her grandmother's last week so naturally I thought i'd catch up on my gaming - I spent most of my free time at Home Depot.

i hate that. It takes at least three trips to get anything done and you can never find what you need in a timely manner.

eznark

Banned
i hate that. It takes at least three trips to get anything done and you can never find what you need in a timely manner.

Know who else probably hates hardware stores?

tom-brady-300x400.jpg

I'm building a motherfucking shed/garage this week! wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! All hardware stores, all day long. Some lumberyards too. mhmhmhmhm

see5harp

Wuss.

I was going to go with the 32 gig but I rarely even get close to capacity so I decided to just get into the the door with a 16. The majority of stuff on it is music and I sync nightly.

Wii U is intriguing to me but I'm done being an early adopter for gaming consoles. Sad PS3/PSP/Vita/Wii launch periods have finally made me realize that I have a sickness.

Greg

get my 10-dollar flip phone

and it costs me 20 dollars every 3 months to keep it active

NomarTyme

I was going to go with the 32 gig but I rarely even get close to capacity so I decided to just get into the the door with a 16. The majority of stuff on it is music and I sync nightly.

Wii U is intriguing to me but I'm done being an early adopter for gaming consoles. Sad PS3/PSP/Vita/Wii launch periods have finally made me realize that I have a sickness.
Yeah buying the pspgo was the last time I ever buy launch week.

bionic77

I need the extra space for photos and videos. Honestly 32 probably isn't enough (those HD videos go through 32 gigs fast) but 64 is still too expensive. I was kind of hoping that 32 became standard this gen.

Honestly I barely have any interest in any of the Wii U games at launch nor have I been following it that closely, but 300 bucks and no memory card makes it sound pretty cheap to me and I am sucker for console launches. I have really fond memories of the N64, PS2, GC, PS3, and Wii launches.

I was very late to the DS and 3DS and never jumped in on the PSP or Vita (so far no games really warranted it, and two handhelds seems too much for a man as old as me).

I understand not jumping in on launch though. It is a poor choice both money wise and for games to play. If you want the most for you buck wait 1-2 years before jumping in. But man you seem to miss out on the best stuff if you want that long.

If you are a real gamer this past year and the next two should be getting you really excited. Two handheld launches followed by a Nintendo and then Sony/MS launch. So many new consoles in such a short period of time.

He still hates your team
I know I read that article and was fuck this obese try hard, don't know why he tries to bring so much maths and stats into it coz just ends up making him loo like some kind of wannabe new age guru. In reality he's a dumb fuck who has been wrong about every single thing he has written.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Is there any compelling reason to get an iPhone 5 if you already have a 4s? I tried, but there doesn't seem to be anything that would justify an upgrade.

bionic77

Is there any compelling reason to get an iPhone 5 if you already have a 4s? I tried, but there doesn't seem to be anything that would justify an upgrade.
I am mainly getting mine for a hope of good battery life.

The battery on the 4S is horrible (this is comparing it to the 4, which had a battery that actually could go all day without breaking a sweat).

Bowser

I know I read that article and was fuck this obese try hard, don't know why he tries to bring so much maths and stats into it coz just ends up making him loo like some kind of wannabe new age guru. In reality he's a dumb fuck who has been wrong about every single thing he has written.

Whoa man, calm down, you're writing barely coherent sentences here lol. Be happy you guys are 2-0 and let the team take care of everything else.

4G LTE and A6 chip perhaps, but since I own a 4S I think I'm part of that cycle now. My next upgrade is June so I suppose I'll be holding off for 5S or whatever it is by that fall.

Talon

8 hours of battery life on LTE (this is probably the biggest for me, don't think I go further than 6 on 3G with the iPhone 4)
Improved back camera
Larger screen
Improved front camera (I personally use Facetime and Skype regularly)
Thinner profile
Lighter
Double the performance of the 4S
Unibody

Subjective reasons:
Love the carbon finishing on the black phone

I don't feel so.

Hell, I'm not sure if it's worth the upgrade from the 4.
You're nuts. This is a huge upgrade from the iPhone 4.

They upped the performance, added LTE, and improved battery life in a thinner and lighter phone. What else do you want? Some fugly teardrop shell?

You should go to Amsterdam.Become a prostitute.

I should. Make some money, not sure if people will 'buy' me though :(

Do you have the 4S?

Because I don't see how that's worth it under these conditions.

I had a 4, but it got murdered by a savage so I'm back to a 3GS now (I feel so restricted and poor). I'm seriously considering getting a 4 again or maybe a 4s if these prices don't drop a bit, I'm a fucking poor student, I can't spend 60 bucks a month on my phone for fucks sake. It just sucks that it's hard to find a 32 gigabyte 4s with a normal dataplan.

Wuss.

You pay dollars, I pay euros. You are a lawyer, I go to school and got a parttime job.

See the difference ?

Top Bottom