• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

bionic77

You pay dollars, I pay euros. You are a lawyer, I go to school and got a parttime job.

See the difference ?
Make a Youtube video humiliating yourself and me and ez will pay for the cost of your iPhone.

You are not American so you haven't learned yet that if you are poor it is your own fault. Everyone in America can be rich if they just work really hard. You can't do that in Europe because you are held back by free healthcare and education. Maybe if your ancestors had been a little more fucked up they would have emigrated here like the rest of us and you would be rich right now and the fan of a more respectable team.

LJ11

Safe to assume that whenever Fred Jackson comes back he won't be starting or getting majority of the carries?

Thought I had stole him as my #3 RB.

I think Gailey may be going more run heavy for the foreseeable future. Lets look at their weapons, the OL, Fred/CJ/Chandler/Johnson, you run the ball. They've been using WRs as H-Backs, probably because Donald Jones is a very good run blocker, throw in Lee Smith and that's where your strength is, running the ball.

Should run the ball 35 times a game. You get tempted to pass when you spread to run.

Make a Youtube video humiliating yourself and me and ez will pay for the cost of your iPhone.

You are not American so you haven't learned yet that if you are poor it is your own fault. Everyone in America can be rich if they just work really hard. You can't do that in Europe because you are held back by free healthcare and education. Maybe if your ancestors had been a little more fucked up they would have emigrated here like the rest of us and you would be rich right now and the fan of a more respectable team.

My dads part of the family lived in the US for like 5 generations, he was the one who moved here. Asshole!

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Safe to assume that whenever Fred Jackson comes back he won't be starting or getting majority of the carries?

Thought I had stole him as my #3 RB.

I wouldn't say that, I can see Jackson being used early in games as the 1 in a 1 2 punch.

Have Jackson tire out a defense then give C.J. some carries when they are tired and flat footed.

bionic77

My dads part of the family lived in the US for like 5 generations, he was the one who moved here. Asshole!
I was just giving you shit.

Now that I have kids I really appreciate the idea of free healthcare and even more the idea of free education. We met with some financial advisory who told us to conservatively expect to spend $300k on our kids (each!) for them to go to a cheapish school. That made me so incredibly angry (I am still pissed about it). He also had of course a series of unrealistic graphs showing us how much our money would grow, when honestly my 401k usually shits the bed every other quarter. I am seriously thinking of just pooling that money together when they graduate and buying them a ChickFilA (assuming the darkness of Obama's re-election has lifted by then).

Ænima

Just found out about Carriker and Orakpo. FUCK. We just made Bradford and Amonwhatever look like Montana and Rice. What is going to happen when we play good offenses????

Levyne

Banned
Ænima;42241573 said:
Just found out about Carriker and Orakpo. FUCK. We just made Bradford and Amonwhatever look like Montana and Rice. What is going to happen when we play good offenses????

The Bears made the Packer D look like monsters. When they play San Fran, the Bears offense will score negative points.

Is there any compelling reason to get an iPhone 5 if you already have a 4s? I tried, but there doesn't seem to be anything that would justify an upgrade.

The bigger screen is going to be great but with AT&T making it difficult to get the new phone every year, I got the 5 because I am going to skip the "S" versions going forward.

So start the revolution off right, get the 5 and just skip the S versions.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Now that I have kids I really appreciate the idea of free healthcare and even more the idea of free education. We met with some financial advisory who told us to conservatively expect to spend $300k on our kids (each!) for them to go to a cheapish school. That made me so incredibly angry (I am still pissed about it). He also had of course a series of unrealistic graphs showing us how much our money would grow, when honestly my 401k usually shits the bed every other quarter. I am seriously thinking of just pooling that money together when they graduate and buying them a ChickFilA (assuming the darkness of Obama's re-election has lifted by then).

You joke, but there are not enough Chick-Fil-As. For breakfast and lunch, the line is wrapped around the building no matter which location I go to. If you go inside, prepare to be bombarded by a wall of sound of screaming children and rich housewives.

It's like McDonalds for the rich.

Basically you'll make a killing opening one.

Gigglepoo

You should pile the shit on Jay and the Bears o-line next Sunday. Please.

Nah, I actually think Jay Cutler is (usually) damn good. The Bears offensive line is horrendous, though. And they're starting Chillo Rachel? Cutler will be lucky to make it to halftime with all limbs attached.

eznark

Banned

I have no idea why this post is making me laugh so hard, but it is. It probably helps that I picture you as Richard Pryor from Moving.

Moving.jpg

I was calling my dad an asshole not you! I like you, will you be my dad ? Can I come life with you? I have an American passport, so we should be cool.

Or move here! Get your kids all the healthcare and education they need! (And I can still move in with you), dad!

Milchjon

Wow. If you take out his long of 7 yards, he's 18 carries for 14 yards. What happened?

Patriots D happened.

Well, ok, his second game was just as bad.

But still-

I am mainly getting mine for a hope of good battery life.

The battery on the 4S is horrible (this is comparing it to the 4, which had a battery that actually could go all day without breaking a sweat).

Isn't the claimed battery life about the same?

That's just indefensible. You could almost buy them a house and a private professor for that price...

Of course that's not comparable, but come on. Isn't privatization of services supposed to make them cheaper?

RBH

You're nuts. This is a huge upgrade from the iPhone 4.

They upped the performance, added LTE, and improved battery life in a thinner and lighter phone. What else do you want? Some fugly teardrop shell?

All nice upgrades indeed, it's just that I'm honestly pretty content with my 4 (in terms of its performance and battery life), and I just won't really take advantage of LTE that often since I spend 90% of my time at school or at home.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I get the chance to play around with it in an Apple store.

squicken

I love how I bad mouthed Sam Bradford through the entire first half yesterday and then he had his best day as a pro.

It's not like you were wrong. He played okay as a rookie then awful last year. We'll see how the year goes. Yesterday may be a fluke or a start to a decent career. Only thing that has bugged me is the RG3 stuff. Trade was impossible to make b/c of cap, and even if I would trade them straight up, no way for what they got in picks. I just don't trust RG3 to say healthy.

Talon

All nice upgrades indeed, it's just that I'm honestly pretty content with my 4 (in terms of its performance and battery life), and I just won't be able to take advantage of LTE that often since I spend 90% of my time at school or at home.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I get the chance to play around with it in an Apple store.
I'm pretty stoked for this upgrade from the 4. The camera improvements on the back and the front. I'm excited to try out Siri with the improvements.

Anyways, I'm hyped as fuck for this game. 2:30 hours away! Apparently there's a "Devil Went Down to Georgia" opener.

Xeke

Banned

The fuck?

ari

Banned
The Bears made the Packer D look like monsters. When they play San Fran, the Bears offense will score negative points.

the bears D is good none the less and that dink dunk shit wont work on us. we'll see.

I am sure a team will expose the short passing game on that defense soon enough. that was the only thing working for the packs and lions.

Levyne

Banned
the bears D is good none the less and that dink dunk shit wont work on us. we'll see.

I am sure a team will expose the short passing game on that defense soon enough. that was the only thing working for the packs and lions.

Cover 2 is like the best friend of the dink and dunk offense.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont understand where bionics FA came up with that figure. Seems so high unless you're spoiling your kid rotten and also fuck them tell them to be smart and get scholarships and jobs give a fucking work ethic. If i ever have kids im not helping with college lil rotten fuckers.

Milchjon

I dont understand where bionics FA came up with that figure. Seems so high unless you're spoiling your kid rotten and also fuck them tell them to be smart and get scholarships and jobs give a fucking work ethic. If i ever have kids im not helping with college lil rotten fuckers.

With a father that nice, I'd be surprised if they even make it that far :p

Gigglepoo

It's not like you were wrong. He played okay as a rookie then awful last year. We'll see how the year goes. Yesterday may be a fluke or a start to a decent career. Only thing that has bugged me is the RG3 stuff. Trade was impossible to make b/c of cap, and even if I would trade them straight up, no way for what they got in picks. I just don't trust RG3 to say healthy.

Yeah, I could see that. I think RGIII has a much higher ceiling than Bradford so I would have taken the risk, though. As a Niners fan, I was terrified that they were going to stand pat in the draft. Bradford might be decent, but he certainly isn't scary.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Old-school NFL voices appreciate Greg Schiano’s approach:

If you ask ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Ron Jaworski about that approach, as Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic did on Monday's ESPN Radio program, you'd get a very different take than the one Coughlin brought to the table. Jaworski, who played for the Philadelphia Eagles and three other teams in his 15-year NFL career, said that one of the most famous plays in football history was set up by an approach similar to Schiano's.

"There's no doubt that Tom Coughlin owes Greg Schiano an apology for the way he reacted after the game," Jaworski said. "And I will give you a real-life example of why. Remember the 'Miracle at the Meadowlands' with [Giants quarterback] Joe Pisarcik? Very similar play before the Pisarcik-Csonka fumble. The Giants were in victory formation, and Frank LeMaster, our linebacker, fires off [at the snap]. We were taught by [Eagles then-head coach] Dick Vermeil to play until the game is over. All of a sudden, a big shoving match ensues. The only thing the Giants had to do was take a knee, and the game was over. But their coach, Bob Gibson, was on the sideline, angry because of what we did. They called a play to try and get a hit on our defense. Lo and behold, Larry Csonka thought Pisarcik was taking a knee, [Eagles defensive back] Herman Edwards picks up the ball, and we won the football game."

"So, the Eagles win a game, go 9-7 that year, and go to the playoffs, all because of a play that was almost identical to what happened [Sunday]. You play to the end of the game."

Herm Edwards, the man who ran that fumble in for a touchdown, would most certainly agree.

As would fellow old-schooler Mike Ditka, who started in on the subject with Greenberg and Golic without any prompting.

"Tom's wrong about this," Ditka said.
"You never go out with the intent to hurt anybody, but you do try to get the ball. As soon as the center snaps the ball, you try to create a fumble. Who knows what can happen, as crazy as the game is today? The game's still going on. Greg Schiano is bringing a different temperament to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and I like what he's doing. I really do. They're going to be a good team, because they do the little things. This is not a popularity contest -- he doesn't care what Tom Coughlin thinks of him."

In the end, Coughlin's reaction may have been more about one alpha dog testing another. He wanted to see how the new guy would react, and now, Schiano's mettle has been proven. He's set a tone, the narrative tells us, and this is a good thing. Of course, what he's going to do about a defense that gave up 25 points in the fourth quarter and 22 in the final seven minutes is another matter ... but as the coach himself would probably tell you, it's the little things that count.

see5harp

I need the extra space for photos and videos. Honestly 32 probably isn't enough (those HD videos go through 32 gigs fast) but 64 is still too expensive. I was kind of hoping that 32 became standard this gen.

Honestly I barely have any interest in any of the Wii U games at launch nor have I been following it that closely, but 300 bucks and no memory card makes it sound pretty cheap to me and I am sucker for console launches. I have really fond memories of the N64, PS2, GC, PS3, and Wii launches.

I was very late to the DS and 3DS and never jumped in on the PSP or Vita (so far no games really warranted it, and two handhelds seems too much for a man as old as me).

I understand not jumping in on launch though. It is a poor choice both money wise and for games to play. If you want the most for you buck wait 1-2 years before jumping in. But man you seem to miss out on the best stuff if you want that long.

If you are a real gamer this past year and the next two should be getting you really excited. Two handheld launches followed by a Nintendo and then Sony/MS launch. So many new consoles in such a short period of time.

PS3 launch was super exciting but incredibly depressing for like the better part of a year. I actually think the Vita launch was better which is pretty sad.

I normally would get at least the 32 gig but I don't have kids to video.

From Adam Schefter about Vilma's meeting with the commissioner today:

September 17, 2012:NFL gave Jonathan Vilma a sworn affidavit from former Saints DC Gregg Williams that the New Orleans LB offered $10,000 to any teammate who knocked Brett Favre out of the January 2010 NFC Championship game. More on ESPN and ESPN.com.

Cue the show me the evidence Brees pics.

Talon

Well,

13 years (K-5 -> 12th grade) Private school at $12,000/year: $156,000
Ancillary costs of music lessons, sports, feeding the kid: Whothefuckknows
4 years at a top 25 university (let's say $40,000 including room and board*): $160,000

Sounds about right.

*Reality is, nobody pays sticker price for school. If you've done well enough to get into a good school, you're getting Grants or Scholarships of some sort. And if you got into Harvard, and your parents make less than $70k (or whatever the ceiling is now), you go for free!

Top Bottom