• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

eznark

Banned
I think proprietary has it's pros and cons. You can take a hard drive off a 360, plug it into a completely different 360 and your data and profile are there. Rock Band DLC, profiles, XBLA games...everything works and tranferring for an upgrade is as seamless as possible. The USB drives/memory cards are the same way.

I can do the same thing with an external hard drive. In fact I do it every day on multiple computers and don't have to pay outrageous prices.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Dareus family tragedy
The younger brother of former UA defensive lineman Marcell Dareus, 19-year-old Simeon Gilmore, was a victim in a triple homocide in Pelham, Ala. According to reports, police have charged Jon Ingram Staggs with capital murder and burglary.

Dareus, now with the NFL's Buffalo Bills, has returned to the Birmingham area to be with his family. The former Huffman High star played three seasons at Alabama before becoming a first-round NFL Draft choice of the Bills.

Hate it for Marcell

see5harp

I can do the same thing with an external hard drive. In fact I do it every day on multiple computers and don't have to pay outrageous prices.

I thought you were talking in the context of modern consoles since the Wii U was brought up. If you installed all of your Steam games on an extenal, brought it over to your friends, logged into your account on his PC, would you have access to your entire library without a download/install? I really don't use my PC that way but I think a lot of younger people use their consoles that way. It's really no different than bringing a cartridge to your friends house 20 years ago.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That Nintendo TV thing is pretty neat for people like me who use the PS3 to watch Netflix. Hopefully it does Amazon Prime streaming as well.

I'm sure snes will be using the fire out of the real time sports commenting system that they have since he's GAFless.

I do think it's funny that they're charging for NintendoLand. I never would have paid money for WiiSports and there is no way I'm paying for that.

I hate to say it, but I'm not at all intrigued by the WiiU.

I hope it does well, because I like Nintendo as a company and unlike 3/4 of gaming side, I realize more good systems and competition is beneficial to everyone in the industry (consumers, software developers, and console manufacturers/PC makers alike).

But literally nothing about that system (outside of a possible Zelda HD) interests me.

eznark

Banned
That Nintendo TV thing is pretty neat for people like me who use the PS3 to watch Netflix. Hopefully it does Amazon Prime streaming as well.

I'm sure snes will be using the fire out of the real time sports commenting system that they have since he's GAFless.

I do think it's funny that they're charging for NintendoLand. I never would have paid money for WiiSports and there is no way I'm paying for that.

When they showed Breaking Bad there was an Amazon option there as well.

The Nintendo TV thing looks like it could be really cool. I would love to use the touch pad as a remote, and maybe even to keep watching a show it I go into the bathroom or something.

krzy123

I thought you were talking in the context of modern consoles since the Wii U was brought up. If you installed all of your Steam games on an extenal, brought it over to your friends, logged into your account on his PC, would you have access to your entire library without a download/install? I really don't use my PC that way but I think a lot of younger people use their consoles that way. It's really no different than bringing a cartridge to your friends house 20 years ago.

Actually that steam theory would work, all you need is the steam.exe and your library of games (commonapps). Once you run steam.exe it'll just install itself properly, and just got to log-in. Sometimes you have verify the install, but you wouldnt have reinstall the game. People transfer steam installs from PCs to PCs all the time.

see5harp

Actually that steam theory would work, all you need is the steam.exe and your library of games (commonapps). Once you run steam.exe it'll just install itself properly, and just got to log-in. Sometimes you have verify the install, but you wouldnt have reinstall the game. People transfer steam installs from PCs to PCs all the time.

Okay that's cool I guess. When I transfer my windows partition to an SSD later this year that may be helpful. That isn't easier than just plugging a hard drive or USB stick in though..that's all I'm saying.

HAI GUYZ WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU

eznark

Banned
Fake controversy: or if TheLegendary were a journalist, he'd be par for the course:

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sweet Tebow!! Tim Tebow is threatening to leave the Jets??? After only one week??? What a bad teammate!!! I knew he wasn't all he was cracked up to be!!! I knew he'd never make it in New York!! What a fraud!!

But wait... while the headline makes it seems like Tebow or his handlers is creating drama and angling to get out of New York, the truth is that the entire basis for this story, the exhausting national media debate cycle that will take hold of this headline like a lion snapping up an injured wildebeest sure to follow, is one anonymous league source SPECULATING on what Tebow MAY do. Myers doesn't even lead with this groundbreaking revelation, he saves it for the very end of his column. I've spotlighted certain words in bold...

An entire column based on a hypothetical trade demand put forward by a mysetrious, anonymous league source that will now go on to dominate the susceptible news cycle and sports talk radio today. I've seen more credible trade information from WFAN callers!

You're part of the problem, TL!!!

Fox318

HAI GUYZ WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU
No Thanks
ZMP4J.jpg

Mindlog

SNES, I'd really like an internal storage solution of at least 200GB. Call whoever you need to make it happen.

I'd vote for Tebow, but he needs to run for Congress first.

Fox318

Port begging is bannable.

It's my favorite kind of ban. Such a pointless reason. This forum is read by people in the industry, and you might actually be heard.

It's a ban that isn't listed in the TOS either.

There is no way of knowing about the ban until you have been banned for it or have seen somebody banned.

I hate to say it, but I'm not at all intrigued by the WiiU.

I hope it does well, because I like Nintendo as a company and unlike 3/4 of gaming side, I realize more good systems and competition is beneficial to everyone in the industry (consumers, software developers, and console manufacturers/PC makers alike).

But literally nothing about that system (outside of a possible Zelda HD) interests me.

If Microsoft's next system retails at a crazy high price with cell phone like purchase contracts it's going to look like a much better option to me. So I'll be taking the wait and see approach.

Fantomex

I am stunned that Nintendo got that as an exclusive.

Well think about it. A shoddy average game that is adored by a rabid fanbase. Put that on a consoles who's target demographic is mostly a rabid fanbase that ignores common sense and you have the recipe for success.

It's like gathering all the mediocrity in one place. Like if the NFL got the Browns, Cardinals, Dolphins and Rams to all play in their own league.

If Microsoft's next system retails at a crazy high price with cell phone like purchase contracts it's going to look like a much better option to me. So I'll be taking the wait and see approach.

300 + subscription fee is my bet.

I just need that shit announced so I know if I should just upgrade my PC or if it's something worth getting right away.

eznark

Banned

I just need that shit announced so I know if I should just upgrade my PC or if it's something worth getting right away.

Always upgrade your PC first and purchase consoles second. Don't be a gaming peasant stuck in the gaming ghetto.

see5harp

Really though what did the first sell? Like 1 million combined? It's an easy cheap way for Nintendo to try and win some of the hardcore audience back which seems to be one of their main strategies with the Wii U. I just don't see it or a whole bunch of old ports like Darksiders 2 and Batman being much of a factor. They'll live and die by their exclusives and their marketing campaign.

see5harp

You could do a simple video card upgrade now for under $200 and you'd be good until the next gen comes around. The consoles aren't going to be out for another full year.

300? Dollars? Ahaha.

400 minimum for the base pack, especially if it has Kinect crap in there.

Really though what did the first sell? Like 1 million combined? It's an easy cheap way for Nintendo to try and win some of the hardcore audience back which seems to be one of their main strategies with the Wii U. I just don't see it or a whole bunch of old ports like Darksiders 2 and Batman being much of a factor. They'll live and die by their exclusives and their marketing campaign.

You don't win "hardcore audience" back with A game that struggled to sell. You gain it back with Call of Duty, GTA, and other monster franchises that guarantee that third parties have faith in your console and will be publishing future titles.

Nintendo published Bayonneta means nothing to anybody except fans of Bayonneta.

Was going to post the same thing, Future, but decided not to take that obvious bait.

I'll probably be waiting till after this semester ends and the crazy post-launch fervor dies down. If I get it day one it'll just collect dust while I'm buried underneath exams.

$350 seems fair for how fun Nintendoland looks. That, NSMB and Rayman will tide me over until spring, I'd bet. TVii looks dope as fuck too.

see5harp

You don't win "hardcore audience" back with A game that struggled to sell. You gain it back with Call of Duty, GTA, and other monster franchises that guarantee that third parties have faith in your console and will be publishing future titles.

Nintendo published Bayonneta means nothing to anybody except fans of Bayonneta.

I suppose we're talking about two different demographics. In the long run, franchises like COD and GTA do matter much more to retailers, Nintendo, and the publishers than something like Bayonetta.

KaYotiX

Banned
Was going to post the same thing, Future, but decided not to take that obvious bait.

I'll probably be waiting till after this semester ends and the crazy post-launch fervor dies down. If I get it day one it'll just collect dust while I'm buried underneath exams.

$350 seems fair for how fun Nintendoland looks. That, NSMB and Rayman will tide me over until spring, I'd bet. TVii looks dope as fuck too.
Waiting on amazon to put up a preorder link. NSMB and Rayman are what I'm excited for, wife and I love coop platformers

I love new hardware launches :)

I suppose we're talking about two different demographics. In the long run, franchises like COD and GTA do matter much more to retailers, Nintendo, and the publishers than something like Bayonetta.

This post confuses me. It seems like you are referring to hardcore gamers as being the ultra dedicated who buy to enjoy a specific game. AKA the traditional definition.

If so, Nintendo never lost them. Who they DID lose were the type that buy popular titles at a large clip.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Always upgrade your PC first and purchase consoles second. Don't be a gaming peasant stuck in the gaming ghetto.

There was a time I would have been angry reading this post but I ended up putting some money into getting an actual solid PC and well...I now realize who the master race really is. :(

All those years of consoles, I refused to accept the truth.

KaYotiX

Banned
There was a time I would have been angry reading this post but I ended up putting some money into getting an actual solid PC and well...I now realize who the master race really is. :(

All those years of consoles, I refused to accept the truth.
I enjoy both but yeah PC gaming is great if you have a solid rig.

Top Bottom