• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Godslay

Banned
I've had some pretty awesome vegetarian meals. Its not all cold salad.

You can make some tasty and filling stuff veggie stuff on the grill. If I had to I could live as a vegetarian pretty easily, I just enjoy meat because it adds a lot to your options.

Vegetarian meals can be great. I only eat meat twice a week. When you have it though, it's great.

Levyne

Banned
Maybe it's because I haven't lived in Wisconsin, but I used to hate brats when I was a kid because they didn't taste like hot dogs. Then at 14 or so I learned to love them. Then I saw my little brother at nearly the same age go from hate to love as well. My youngest brother is 16 but still hates them. As such, he is still a young child in my eyes.

Giants may actually come into the Bucs game with a full contingent of players. All injured players have practiced in some way this week and it looks like all may end up being active.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/giants_may_not_have_any_players_JWDy0hwuG2rNgGQw6YunoI

Heading into the second game of their season, the Giants might find themselves in a situation highly unusual at any time in the NFL. They might not have to deactivate any player for Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers strictly based on an injury.

The Giants list nine players on their injury report and every one of them on Thursday was wearing pads and looked to be participating in some aspect of practice in the early stages. Two players – receiver Hakeem Nicks and defensive end Adewale Ojomo – sat out on Wednesday but both were going through individual drills on Thursday.

What does this mean for the lineup?

Will Beatty is likely to start at at LT. If he does start at LT, Sean Locklear will be moved to depth and my hope is that David Diehl is put on the bench and Locklear is moved to RT (I can dream, right?).

Amukamara should finally play and start opposite Webster but I think he'll likely have his reps limited so we should get more of Michael Coe. Prince said he is still slightly limping and I would prefer he sit or is limited instead of further aggravating the high ankle sprain.

...and it looks like we might finally see Marvin Austin playing real football. Bernard and Linval were gassed against the Cowboys as we only really had Kuhn out on the line to rotate in. This should help the defensive line rotation greatly.

EDIT: Also, Tillman is expected to play tonight for the Bears according to Schefter.

EDIT2: Nevermind on Beatty starting at LT:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

Tom Coughlin said for the moment he has no plans to change left tackles. Sean Locklear remains the starter. #NYG

Right tackle then? Tom? Please!?

Mindlog

rays fans<2 team supporters<Bronies<wresting fans<vegetarians

my hierarchy of scum.
RlLRx.jpg

I typically slow cook chicken with a bbq type sauce in the crockpot on football Sundays. Mid-afternoon it is so tender it's perfect.
Beer can chicken is a pretty popular easy to make choice.
Until the beer is chosen and the arguments start.
Beer snobs are the only tolerable snobs (because they're (we're) right.)

bionic77

Just wait til bionic comes back in this thread. You'll have to repent for your shitty food choices.

I really want a schnitzel right now
Not a fan of vegetarianism but I acknowledge it is probably a really healthy way to live. I could never give up meat.

And I don't like bratz and shit of that ilk but I also like eating unhealthy food from time to time. I mean my love for fried chicken knows no bounds but I try to limit eating it to once a month.

I must be out of gaming. I have never played Bayonetta or Monster Hunter.

squicken

Giants may actually come into the Bucs game with a full contingent of players. All injured players have practiced in some way this week and it looks like all may end up being active.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/giants_may_not_have_any_players_JWDy0hwuG2rNgGQw6YunoI

What does this mean for the lineup?

Will Beatty is likely to start at at LT. If he does start at LT, Sean Locklear will be moved to depth and my hope is that David Diehl is put on the bench and Locklear is moved to RT (I can dream, right?).

Amukamara should finally play and start opposite Webster but I think he'll likely have his reps limited so we should get more of Michael Coe. Prince said he is still slightly limping and I would prefer he sit or is limited instead of further aggravating the high ankle sprain.

...and it looks like we might finally see Marvin Austin playing real football. Bernard and Linval were gassed against the Cowboys as we only really had Kuhn out on the line to rotate in. This should help the defensive line rotation greatly.

EDIT: Also, Tillman is expected to play tonight for the Bears according to Schefter.

EDIT2: Nevermind on Beatty starting at LT:

Right tackle then? Tom? Please!?

You're doomed. Got healthy too early. 8-8 miss playoffs

Maybe it's because I haven't lived in Wisconsin, but I used to hate brats when I was a kid because they didn't taste like hot dogs. Then at 14 or so I learned to love them. Then I saw my little brother at nearly the same age go from hate to love as well. My youngest brother is 16 but still hates them. As such, he is still a young child in my eyes.

I feel the same with Relish and Sauerkraut. Couldnt stand them until I grew up.

Relish was the most baffling though because it's basically like a pickle, which kids love. Couldnt stand the idea of it though. I'll put Relish on everything now.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm.I still don't really like relish, but if you just put a spear pickle on top of a hot dog I'd eat that. I guess just familiarity or something.

Chad Jones was on Rome is burning this afternoon. Kind of surprised to hear him considering the Giants released him. In actuality, the organization is still heavily involved in his rehab. They paying for the entire rehab for the next 6 months and want him back at training camp for the 2013 season.

Pretty great to hear and I hope the kid can make it back from the car accident.

see5harp

I had a good ass pulled pork bbq sandwich yesterday.

I went to the west coast rib cookoff 2 weeks back in Reno, NV. I think I ate a bbq beef brisket sandwich on the last day because I had eaten so much pork (ribs, pulled pork, etc.) on the first few days that I really just wanted a break. One thing awesome thing I learned was that you can put pulled pork or carnitas on top of fries, douse the entire thing in BBQ sauce and cheese and it's essentially american poutine (delcious too).

Striker

Bucs WR Mike Williams on the Giants: "With that front four, you could have a baby playing secondary and it might make the Pro Bowl."
Shots fired, Antrel. Your move.

He'll whiff on a couple dozen plays.

Top Bottom