• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

squicken

Squicken is and always will be a Texans fan. You guys need to stop humoring him.

Did you know that Rams lost to AZ twice last year b/c of Patrick Peterson punt returns? Even after numerous long returns, and a TD return that had beat them the previous meeting, they kept kicking it to him. They asked Spags "hey retard, why keep kicking it to him? Why not kick it out of bounds?" And Spags said Donnie Jones wasn't good at directional punting, so all they could do was kick it down the middle.

Fisher didn't bring back Donnie Jones, but you know who signed him? The Houston Texans. You know who gave up a week one punt return TD? The Houston Texans

Do you know how many teams Peyton Manning rejected? Marino had to beg him to just take a meeting with Ross. Bud Adams offered him a blank check and he turned it down. Jim Harbaugh, the best coach since Bill Walsh, tried to get him to come to SF. AZ, SEA, and several others inquired. He said no to them all

Do you know the only team that Peyton called himself? So that he could fuck Jim Irsay twice a year and win another SB? The one team above all others he wanted to play for? The Houston Texans. And they said no. So that they could sign Matt Schaub to a contract extension.

I am not a Texans fan

image.php

Y'all are fools.

racist

bionic77

McGinn's rating of the Packers performance

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...properly-against-49ers-ve6qa4t-169272666.html

Hopefully Perry develops a bit more and shitass capers doesn't line him up as a cornerback again :/ . Need someone outside of Matthews to get some push.

I can't wait to play the Bears' shitty line though, we should have some better results. If we can't get some more pressure there then we're fucked.
What team did Matthews get like 6 sacks against in 2010? Was it the Bears or Vikings? I remember that he got a ridiculous sack total in two of his games against atrocious lines.

Speaking of sack numbers. If Adam plays for the whole game then someone from the Jets will get at least 6 sacks, even though their pass rushers are not amazing. You don't need to be with Adams.

Rorschach

Huh? Miami looked terrible for 5 minutes at the end of the first half but other than that they honestly played pretty well on both sides of the ball (not to mention a 72 yd. punt return TD). Did you watch the game?

EDIT: They also sucked at finishing some late drives deep in Houston territory so I'll give you that.
What game were you watching? They looked flat and had 4 turnouvers on offense. And on defense they couldn't stop shit. They're not gonna return a 72 yard punt every game. I don't even know why you bring that up since it brings to light the fact that they had zero offensive touchdowns. Three points. That's it? Yeah, they played pretty well.

bionic77

Not me, I'm in the minority. I'd rather see Brady hoist the Lombardi every year then see the Steelers even win a single game.
Well we also know what Browns fans want to call black people.

Thank God it is not 1935 when the Browns were still good and their ways of thinking were socially acceptable.

The defense we saw on Sunday is the defense we'll see Thursday. Not enough time to make significant scheming changes this week.

I think there's a chance for development from the rookies, especially with Perry since he's transitioning to LB. Wasn't talking about this game specifically, just talking about the team as a whole going forward.

Am I still in the Denial stage of grief?

eznark

Banned
I think there's a chance for development from the rookies, especially with Perry since he's transitioning to LB. Wasn't talking about this game specifically, just talking about the team as a whole going forward.

Am I still in the Denial stage of grief?

No, I agree with you. I think the defense will get better. Not significantly better but marginally better. They also won't be on the field as much going forward. Not a long of game management offenses on the schedule.

Bears offense isn't as good as the niners. You will see that on thursday

It's a totally different style. The 49ers never turn the ball over while the Bears are willing to take chances for big plays. I think the Packers defense matches up significantly better against offense.

What really matters though is that the Bears defense isn't in the same solar system as the 49ers, so the Packers should be able to sustain drives every now and then.

What game were you watching? They looked flat and had 4 turnouvers on offense. And on defense they couldn't stop shit. They're not gonna return a 72 yard punt every game. I don't even know why you bring that up since it brings to light the fact that they had zero offensive touchdowns. Three points. That's it?
With about half a quarter left in the first half the game was tied 3 to 3. Both teams had played decently on offense (basically starting drives well but stalling) but even better on defense. Then the disaster happened, which obviously lost the Dolphins the game and made both their offense and defense look like complete garbage. The first INT was on a slant route that Nannee should have caught and the next two were on tipped passes at the LOS. Obviously the o-line and Tannehill are partly responsible for those picks but to me they aren't nearly as egregious as the vast majority of INTs. The fourth TO was a fumble by Daniel Thomas, a guy who probably won't play next week due to a concussion. The Texans scored three TDs right at the end of the half off of those TOs which was impressive for their offense but it isn't too difficult to do with that kind of field position. So, besides the very end of the first half the Texans scored two FGs.

As far as the Dolphins offense the running game looked great (Reggie Bush had 69 yards on 14 carries) up until the end of the first half but it admittedly didn't help them finish drives. After the collapse their entire offensive gameplan was completely screwed so they had to rely on Tannehill passing for the entire second half which is obviously not something that's going to be very easy to do against a Texans D that knows exactly what to expect.

Personally I think they can hang in there with most teams (and especially average teams like the Raiders) if they can avoid disastrous bouts of turnovers like they had at the end of the first half on Sunday. They are a bad team but I'm not convinced they are as bad as most people around here seem to think. Even Tannehill showed some promise at times.

McGinn's rating of the Packers performance

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...properly-against-49ers-ve6qa4t-169272666.html

Hopefully Perry develops a bit more and shitass capers doesn't line him up as a cornerback again :/ . Need someone outside of Matthews to get some push.

I can't wait to play the Bears' shitty line though, we should have some better results. If we can't get some more pressure there then we're fucked.
They just need to start The Prison Warden Erik Walden.

Fox318

I'll take a Ryan over a Harbaugh any day of the week.

The rest of the league wishes they had coaching as good as those 4.

verbum

Denver at Atlanta
Why this game matters: Peyton Manning can prove he is indeed back against a Falcons team eager to show they are a legitimate Super Bowl contender despite a 0-3 playoff record under coach Mike Smith.
The Broncos face five playoff teams in the next seven games starting Monday night at the Georgia Dome.

Why the Broncos will win: Starting Falcons cornerback Brent Grimes is done for the season after suffering a torn Achilles. Manning figures to target Grimes' replacement, Dominique Franks. If the Broncos jump out early, Von Miller and Elvis Dumervill can bring the heat.

Why the Falcons will win: Matt Ryan looks primed to be that next young gun to lead a championship run coming off a sizzling, 299-yard, three-touchdown start. New defensive coordinator Mike Nolan makes great adjustments on the fly.

This is going to be one of those 31-30 games. Mike Nolan makes great adjustments but some of the defensive personnel is suspect. Any kind of pass rush will have to be very quick.
I'm hoping Denver concentrates on Julio and Roddy has a breakout day. He is due a 3 TD game.

LukeSmith

Did you know that Rams lost to AZ twice last year b/c of Patrick Peterson punt returns? Even after numerous long returns, and a TD return that had beat them the previous meeting, they kept kicking it to him. They asked Spags "hey retard, why keep kicking it to him? Why not kick it out of bounds?" And Spags said Donnie Jones wasn't good at directional punting, so all they could do was kick it down the middle.

Fisher didn't bring back Donnie Jones, but you know who signed him? The Houston Texans. You know who gave up a week one punt return TD? The Houston Texans

Do you know how many teams Peyton Manning rejected? Marino had to beg him to just take a meeting with Ross. Bud Adams offered him a blank check and he turned it down. Jim Harbaugh, the best coach since Bill Walsh, tried to get him to come to SF. AZ, SEA, and several others inquired. He said no to them all

Do you know the only team that Peyton called himself? So that he could fuck Jim Irsay twice a year and win another SB? The one team above all others he wanted to play for? The Houston Texans. And they said no. So that they could sign Matt Schaub to a contract extension.

I am not a Texans fan

You got chills during the TJ Yates comeback last year. You only get chills of teams you're a fan of. Don't force my hand, Squicken!

I am not a Texans fan

Is this really true? I dont see how it could be. I would have taken a no necked Manning over Schaub. Hell I would take the crippled Manning brother over Schaub. That might be the stupidest decision ever if true.

LJ11

This is why I teamed switched. I realized it was just miserable to not like the team I was rooting for and just watching football simply to root against teams I hated b/c. Not that I don't hate certain teams, but it just makes you miserable to be that way all the time

This only lasts for finite period. You can distract yourself with other teams/coaches/college football/specific schemes but you'll reach a point where you just don't give a shit, at least I did. It really feels pointless.

eznark

Banned
This only lasts for finite period. You can distract yourself with other teams/coaches/college football/specific schemes but you'll reach a point where you just don't give a shit, at least I did. It really feels pointless.

This post makes me sad.

Rorschach

This post makes me sad.

Makes me feel better about my team's worthlessness.

Squicken's team is new and was just in the playoffs last year with a backup backup QB, though. He switches to the Rams who have always been, and always will be, inept without Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk.

eznark

Banned
Makes me feel better about my team's worthlessness.

Squicken's team is new and was just in the playoffs last year with a backup backup QB, though. He switches to the Rams who have always been, and always will be, inept without Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk.

I'm more concerned that we're losing a great x's and o's guy here. Fuck squicken, who gives a shit about people like that. I mourn for LJ.

Can I hug you ? I feel like you need a hug.

squicken

That's why you have to have a team. I lived the don't give a shit life when the Oilers left and Sooners sucked and I didn't watch much football. Even if I have to become the football fan equivalent of the girl in the Hyundai commercials it's still worth it b/c I like watching the games

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I really didn't start to learn the game of football until I picked my terrible team. It's really helped me expand my knowledge.

I still have a lot to learn on the defensive side of the ball though but I'm getting there.

The way I see it is the longer your team sucks the more satisfying it will be when they are finally awesome. Unless, of course, they are eternally cursed like the Buffalo Bills.

squicken

Cameras in the pylons

As the TV networks continue their efforts to bring football fans closer to the game, NFL Network is working on something that could make fans feel like touchdowns are being scored right in front of them.

The league-owned network says it’s working on putting tiny cameras in the pylons at the ends of each goal line, giving an up-close look at scoring plays. The logistics of getting the cameras in the pylon are still being worked on but could be in place as soon as Thursday night’s Bears-Packers game.

“We’ve added a couple extra cameras in a couple of spots,” NFL Network Senior V.P. of production and programming Mark Quenzel said in a conference call promoting Thursday Night Football. “We’re playing around with a camera, believe it or not, that’s going to be in the pylon. I don’t know if we’re going to have it this week. We’re still working out some kinks on the pylons, that allow us to see goal line stands, those types of things, and we’re going to add a couple of cameras for isolating players.”

A camera in the pylon could provide a great view to fans at home, and it could also provide a great view to the referee reviewing a play near the goal line and trying to determine whether a runner’s knee was down before the ball broke the plane. If the technology works, this is a development that would improve officiating, and should be adopted for every NFL game.

L0GIKILL

Neo Member
Go for it, Ez would love to give you FF advice.

Not sure if sarcastic, but heres my situation:

Im in an expensive 10 team league and I intentionally lost my first week matchup to ensure that I got the first choice pickup off the waivers. Everyone bitched about my strategy and called me stupid, so I need to make good use of my first choice waiver position.

My current team is this:

QB - Vick
WR - Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks
RB - Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Isaac Redman, Mendenhall, Bernard Pierce, Turbin

Best available players are: Stephen Hill (WR), Dexter McCluster (WR/RB), and Kevin Ogletree (WR). I really wanted Alfred Morris, but hes gone, some genius drafted him.

Any suggestions on who to grab and why would be greatly appreciated. Id like to stop being the laughing stock of my league. THANKS!

eznark

Banned
The way I see it is the longer your team sucks the more satisfying it will be when they are finally awesome. Unless, of course, they are eternally cursed like the Buffalo Bills.

9/28/2008 is still the happiest day of my life. That's when the Brewers made the playoffs for the first time since I was an infant. I had been to hundreds (probably a thousand+) games in my life to that point and to be there for that game was something I will never ever forget. I just don't think it would have been as sweet if I hadn't suffered through the Sal Bando years.

Now, to be fair, I don't wish that kind of decades long pain on anyone outside of Minnesota, but still, sticking with it makes it so much sweeter.

squicken said:
oooh coaches film is up for some of the noon games. indy and houston but no rams yet
I really need to start working with thatr GIF creation tool you posted. I watched some of the Giants tape this weekend and wanted to post but didn't have time to sit down and play with the GIF creator etc.

(the run blocking during that game was SO bad)

Rorschach

Not sure if sarcastic, but heres my situation:

Im in an expensive 10 team league and I intentionally lost my first week matchup to ensure that I got the first choice pickup off the waivers. Everyone bitched about my strategy and called me stupid, so I need to make good use of my first choice waiver position.

My current team is this:

QB - Vick
WR - Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks
RB - Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Isaac Redman, Mendenhall, Bernard Pierce, Turbin

Best available players are: Stephen Hill (WR), Dexter McCluster (WR/RB), and Kevin Ogletree (WR). I really wanted Alfred Morris, but hes gone, some genius drafted him.

Any suggestions on who to grab and why would be greatly appreciated. Id like to stop being the laughing stock of my league. THANKS!
Personally, I don't think Dexter McCluster is gonna be all that productive.

K-19

Banned
In all seriousness, a good team is a team which can give hope to its fans. We don't care if they lose or win (despite the fact that a win is much more enjoyable), the matter is how they play, the matter is if they are playing like men, then it is a good team. 49ers give me hope, if they don't win the SB i don't care, if they don't make the playoff i don't care too. I want for them to give me hope.

But Raiders still suck

9/28/2008 is still the happiest day of my life. That's when the Brewers made the playoffs for the first time since I was an infant. I had been to hundreds (probably a thousand+) games in my life to that point and to be there for that game was something I will never ever forget. I just don't think it would have been as sweet if I hadn't suffered through the Sal Bando years.

Now, to be fair, I don't wish that kind of decades long pain on anyone outside of Minnesota, but still, sticking with it makes it so much sweeter.
That's some true devotion man, it takes a real fan to suffer through that kind of torment. Now imagine what it would feel like if the Brewers won it all...

In all seriousness, a good team is a team which can give hope to its fans. We don't care if they lose or win (despite the fact that a win is much more enjoyable), the matter is how they play, the matter is if they are playing like men, then it is a good team. 49ers give me hope, if they don't win the SB i don't care, if they don't make the playoff i don't care too. I want for them to give me hope.

But Raiders still suck
This is a good point as well, and it's also the reason why it's very hard to be a Dolphins fan these days. No one seems to take the team seriously, not even the guys who are calling the shots.

Rorschach

9ers will be shit for the next decade after this year. Enjoy these two seasons. Window is already closing and y'all just got started. Smallest window ever.

Top Bottom