• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Greg

just got back from watching the game - excited to read back at some of these posts now

fake FG

HIGH-POWERED BEARS OFFENSE

@SportsCenter:
"Charles Woodson on Cutler postgame, "it's the same old Jay. We don't need luck, Jay will throw us the ball...proof is in the pudding."

8S2bB7MJWvOP.gif

squicken

@MattNorlander Reporter: Did you imagine this could happen? Cutler: Yeah, I dream abt throwing 4 picks & getting sacked 7 times.

Jesus what a douche

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Buffalo Wild Wings wasn't too awful. More Bears fans than Packer fans but oh well.

Things I noticed

1. The defense bailed out the offense and it was weird to watch.

2. Cutler still breaks down when he doesn't get protection. Oh and he's a crybaby for shoving his own guys. Classy.

3. Thanks for dropping that TD pass Brandon Marshall!

4. Sacks come in bunches but I hope Clay Matthews can keep this up! Looks like he finally has help from the other side to build pressure.

5. I'm not impressed with the way our receiving corps played today. I can't even blame it on Jennings because it's not like our guys had trouble getting open, they just can't complete the catch or run the wrong route.

6. I was probably too busy mocking Cutler to realize at the time that our protection is still questionable.

7. The running game worked for much of the game. Witchcraft!

cajunator

Banned
The Bears will go NOWHERE with Jay at the helm. He's not a leader. He doesnt take faults upon himself. People can talk shit about guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers when they fuck up but they dont throw their teammates under the bus. they also look very visibly pissed off on the sidelines when they are having a bad night. It is very telling that after 4 picks Jay is just standing there laughing instead of studying photos or talking with his coaches/teammates to fix the problems.

squicken

? The reporter? I would have responded the same way, it's a stupid fucking question.

Yeah they ask the dumbest shit at those things. I never watch them b/c it's always pointless stuff. Cutler's a wuss but I have no issues with him being his usual self with the media

The Bears will go NOWHERE with Jay at the helm. He's not a leader. He doesnt take faults upon himself. People can talk shit about guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers when they fuck up but they dont throw their teammates under the bus. they also look very visibly pissed off on the sidelines when they are having a bad night. It is very telling that after 4 picks Jay is just standing there laughing instead of studying photos or talking with his coaches/teammates to fix the problems.

didn't you hear? jay cutler is an elite QB. just ask any bears fan!

J is a ass but I wonder how I would act with no o line playing in the nfl. They fucking suck. Isn't he the most sacked qb the last few years in a row?

Rorschach

didn't you hear? jay cutler is an elite QB. just ask any bears fan!

I got this all day yesterday from some bears fan. Can't wait to see him tomorrow. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I know he'll have a shit load of excuses, but he was also talking up the receivers and OL.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I got this all day yesterday from some bears fan. Can't wait to see him tomorrow. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I know he'll have a shit load of excuses, but he was also talking up the receivers and OL.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

just like bob calling cutler elite, saying alshon jeffrey was the steal of the draft and saying brandon marshall is a dominant player after beating the fucking colts

Rorschach

just like bob calling cutler elite, saying alshon jeffrey was the steal of the draft and saying brandon marshall is a dominant player after beating the fucking colts

He does that every year, though. The shitty part about Bob is that he doesn't actually care, so you can't make him hurt for it or own up to it.

cajunator

Banned
J is a ass but I wonder how I would act with no o line playing in the nfl. They fucking suck. Isn't he the most sacked qb the last few years in a row?

Bradford gets put on his ass just as much but he seems to be actually trying at least. Hes not as talented as cutler occasionally is but he at least doesnt blame everything on everybody else.

squicken

He holds the ball way too long. He gets much better protection than people go on about. Now maybe his WRs aren't getting open. Can't tell from TV broadcasts. But look at what Haley did w/ Ben. Run plays where he gets the ball out on rhythm. 5 steps out. If his pre-snap read isn't there then check down. Pick and choose the spots to go downfield

Rorschach

He was an ass when he was in Denver. Can't blame that on the OL. Next Cutler deficiency blamed on the OL? Diabetes. The OL gave him diabetes.

minx

A pathetic showing.

Positives.....

-Bears D played pretty well...
-and... um.... Cutler avoided about 6 more sacks through good pocket movement?

Negatives

Marshall couldn't get separation and had a bad drop.
None of the WRs could get seperation
Cutler had no time to throw
Cutler held on to the ball to long
Cutler simply can't seem to play well at all on nation television
Once thing go downhill and there is pressure Cutler can't bounce back
Did I mention that the Bears O-Line is putrid as always and the front office once again ignored it during the offseason
Forte got injured

However, we have an easy schedule coming up and I think we can easily bounce back. We got out-coached in this game plain and simple. Adjustments should be made and this isn't the end of the season. Still think Bears will make the playoffs.

cajunator

Banned
"not a lot of Bears players are going back to Chicago on the bus because Jay threw them all under it"
This radio show keeps on giving

Top Bottom