• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

bionic77

Did your wife not let you watch the game? There is no description other than "great" for the Packers defensive performance last night.
Amazingly she did let me watch the game last night, and she also let me watch the game from last week. The game where your team look like an underperforming file of shit. I will have to wait another week or two before I crown your team the 2013 Super Bowl champions

eznark

Banned
Amazingly she did let me watch the game last night, and she also let me watch the game from last week. The game where your team look like an underperforming file of shit. I will have to wait another week or two before I crown your team the 2013 Super Bowl champions

Unlike delusional Redskin fans I made no definitive statements beyond yesterday's game. They've played one really good team and got clowned, they destroyed one really bad team. Facing Russel'n in Seattle will be the true test!

The question I kept asking myself as I watched the game was this --- is the Packers D this good or are the Bears just that terrible on offense? Cutler seriously has to have the worst O line in the NFL, the pass blocking was absolutely awful.

The question I kept asking myself as I watched the game was this --- is the Packers D this good or are the Bears just that terrible on offense? Cutler seriously has to have the worst O line in the NFL, the pass blocking was absolutely awful.

Somewhere in between? Packers D should be in the middle of the pack, top 15. If they can manage that much, once the offense starts picking up that should be good enough.

Week 2. Thursday game.
Sure, I'm not saying this game defines the entire season or anything, but I'd say there are at least some implications that are worth discussing.

Somewhere in between? Packers D should be in the top half of the league. If they can manage that much, once the offense starts picking up that should be good enough.
Yeah, I guess somewhere in the middle makes the most sense. The Bears will probably be fine against teams that don't have a great pass rush but that seems to be one of the strengths of the Packers D.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Clay Matthews with 6 sacks on the year through 2 games. That's a little crazy.

Cutler with 6 ints on the year through 2 games, not so much.

eznark

Banned
Watching the post game press conferences and my wife started vacuuming. So I paused.

I ended up with gold.

iBxO92DSxwwfP.png

GOOD LUCK!

Clay Matthews with 6 sacks on the year through 2 games. That's a little crazy.

Cutler with 6 ints on the year through 2 games, not so much.

Didn't Clay start with 6 sacks in the first two games his first year? Started with the destroying Kolb and the Eagles, who was next, the Bills? Something like that.

eznark

Banned
Didn't Clay start with 6 sacks in the first two games his first year? Started with the destroying Kolb and the Eagles, who was next, the Bills? Something like that.

That was 2010. His rookie year in 2009 he didn't really play at all outside of specials the first four or five games.

verbum

How many years does Cutler have on his contract?

More than Webb. I believe Webb got beat bad in Minnesota last year as well.
They gave Webb help and Matthews beat the Webb/Bush duo. So I hope the backups are better than Webb. But then why they would be backups?

squicken

Pretty unreal USC had Rey, Clay, and Cush as its starting LBs. Even more shocking that they all went on to star in the NFL with just hard work and dedication to craft

Talon

Pretty unreal USC had Rey, Clay, and Cush as its starting LBs. Even more shocking that they all went on to star in the NFL with just hard work and dedication to craft
I wouldn't call Rey a star. His hard hits in collegeClay's the most impressive. He was a walk-on and played special teams until his senior year. Finally got to play some his junior year once Cushing got his annual injury, and he started as a rush hybrid and got 4.5 sacks.

Even then, he was called a stiff early in the draft process until he shot up the draft boards after workouts. Reputation is half of your draft stock.

Can a Packers fan resist the urge to crown the Packers Super Bowl champions long enough to tell me whether their D-line actually turned in a good performance in the second half? Capers overwhelmed the Bears O line with rushers in the first half, freeing up Matthews for those sacks. Did that continue?

eznark

Banned
Can a Packers fan resist the urge to crown the Packers Super Bowl champions long enough to tell me whether their D-line actually turned in a good performance in the second half? Capers overwhelmed the Bears O line with rushers in the first half, freeing up Matthews for those sacks. Did that continue?

I haven't rewatched the game yet, but honestly it's difficult to say. Yes the Packers continued to get significant pressure in the second half but a lot of that was due to the absolutely atrocious nature of the offensive playcalling. I think they ran one screen the entire second half? Considering how terrible the Packers are at tackling and how freely they were bringing extra guys, seemed like a no brainer to dump a few off.

That said, Raji played a very good football game and the ends rotating in did their jobs and created space for filling linebackers. That's all you can really ask in the scheme.

Clay had more sacks in the second half than the first but that's more because they started to pull away and Forte was injured

I haven't rewatched the game yet, but honestly it's difficult to say. Yes the Packers continued to get significant pressure in the second half but a lot of that was due to the absolutely atrocious nature of the offensive playcalling. I think they ran one screen the entire second half? Considering how terrible the Packers are at tackling and how freely they were bringing extra guys, seemed like a no brainer to dump a few off.

That said, Raji played a very good football game and the ends rotating in did their jobs and created space for filling linebackers. That's all you can really ask in the scheme.

Once they saw that AJ Hawk made a play on screen they knew they were fucked.

Talon

J'Marcus Webb really has a no business starting in this league. It's telling that Quinn Ojinaka, a 3rd string T on the Falcons that got cut, actually competed against him for a starting job.

Srsly, guis.

eznark

Banned
Clay had more sacks in the second half than the first but that's more because they started to pull away and Forte was injured

Once they saw that AJ Hawk made a play on screen they knew they were fucked.

Oh god I forgot about that play. Dude was good yesterday. Around the ball and made at least a dozen great reads. Just all around awesome.

Also feast your eyes on my latest shop masterpiece!!

ibjo4AgZArUuSB.png

squicken

J'Marcus Webb really has a no business starting in this league. It's telling that Quinn Ojinaka, a 3rd string T on the Falcons that got cut, actually competed against him for a starting job.

Srsly, guis.

Hey bro he and Wayne Hunter are the Rams starting left side. Be nice

squicken

This sounds like the worst combo of all time.

Bradford needs to get life insurance pronto

Well Hunter knows Schotty's system, though he's always been a RT. So first start at LT in his career. Ojinaka was with the team through camp and was cut, so he knows system as well. Last year they would sign guys completely foreign to McD's system on Monday and start them Sunday so this is actually better. Upward trend!

eznark

Banned
Squicks, sorry for calling you a crybaby. Now do me a favor.

GIF HoFinley completely whiffing the block on the bubble screen to James Jones please. Buddy?

Bowser

It doesn't help that the Saints typically play like shit in Charlotte. I don't know why but don't expect a huge win if we do win.

EDIT: Is Stewart playing this game? He was out last week. I'm concerned with Cam throwing a ton of slants like RGIII. Cam can run that same offense he did. When does Greer come back? What about Vilma and Will Smith?

Stewart practiced on Wednesday and Thursday (conflicting reports on whether he was limited or practiced fully). I'm expecting him to at least be active, not sure if he will be at full strength though.

Did anybody gif Rodgers' "Timeout..........WTF TIMEOUT!" face?

Squicken gif this please! Twas hilarious. I think it was near the end of the first half.

Mrbob

Sleeping off this loss didn't help. Now 5 straight times the Bears have lost to the Packers. Lovie fails at his number one goal. Time for a new coaching staff!

Slo

Sleeping off this loss didn't help. Now 5 straight times the Bears have lost to the Packers. Lovie fails at his number one goal. Time for a new coaching staff!

Yeah, there's no quicker way to get yourself fired than to name exactly how you want to be judged and then score 0% on that metric.

I hope they promote Mike Tice.

eznark

Banned

Probably also didn't help that as soon as you logged off our NHL team straight dominated!

bionic77

I really hate it when the Packers look good.
It does suck but remember that at least we have one week of shitting on the Bears and Cutler.

Changing the subject. In a travesty of justice probably never seen before I ordered my iPhone at 7 am and I am not getting it at launch. Will have to wait probably another week. Freaking Obama...

Slo

It does suck but remember that at least we have one week of shitting on the Bears and Cutler.

Changing the subject. In a travesty of justice probably never seen before I ordered my iPhone at 7 am and I am not getting it at launch. Will have to wait probably another week. Freaking Obama...

Nerd cred -1.

Mrbob

Probably also didn't help that as soon as you logged off our NHL team straight dominated!

So the defenders finally stay back in their zone? Don't blame me, three things always happened:

1) Defenders were trying to push the puck ahead of me instead of pass it to me

2) Defenders would make bad passes that lead to turnovers when they did pass

And the biggest:

3) McNeily spent nearly all three games I played in the penalty box. Not sure how its my fault when we are constantly 4 on 5!

Slo

So the defenders finally stay back in their zone? Don't blame me, three things always happened:

1) Defenders were trying to push the puck ahead of me instead of pass it to me

2) Defenders would make bad passes that lead to turnovers when they did pass

And the biggest:

3) McNeily spent nearly all three games I played in the penalty box. Not sure how its my fault when we are constantly 4 on 5!

What this fuck is all this sorcery?

Top Bottom