• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ijyDBdSnZR5gO.png

effzee

So at the last second possible I subbed in James Jones into my starting line up.

He gave me -.10 points. WTF? What did he do fumble?

Fantomex

So at the last second possible I subbed in James Jones into my starting line up.

He gave me -.10 points. WTF? What did he do fumble?

He had a catch for negative yards. Happened to me too bro. I figured with Jennings out I could use him as my Flex spot.

17xlF.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jordy Nelson is really our only other sure thing receiver. You guys should read our posts more and realize that James Jones and HoFinley only lead to heartbreak!

So someone wants to give me Galvatron for Spiller and Baybay. Spiller is projected to get a lot of points but I am worried that once Jackson is healed and good to go, Spiller will go back to minimal point production, making it basically a straight up trade for the two wide receivers. But then there's the chance Spiller continues to put up stats and they keep him heavily involved.

Bowser

So someone wants to give me Galvatron for Spiller and Baybay. Spiller is projected to get a lot of points but I am worried that once Jackson is healed and good to go, Spiller will go back to minimal point production, making it basically a straight up trade for the two wide receivers. But then there's the chance Spiller continues to put up stats and they keep him heavily involved.

Too many nicknames bro. I have no idea what WRs you're talking about :|

Request to the All- 22 Gods: Any way you can look at the formation of Woodson's pick on Cutler? Want to take a look at what kind of coverage that was...definitely looked unique.

Bowser

As if the Bears don’t suddenly have enough problems, they now have to fret about when and if the players will rise up against their petulant, James Dean-wannabe quarterback, Jay Cutler.

Last night’s sideline incident with left tackle J’Marcus Webb, which featured Cutler swearing at and bumping the much bigger Webb, has created concerns within the organization that the players could eventually turn on Cutler, for good. That’s what a source with direct knowledge of the situation tells PFT.

It’s not the first time a quarterback has had relationship issues in the locker room. We’ve heard for years that Ben Roethlisberger had been (and still may be) persona non grata in Pittsburgh. But the Bears are getting closer to the breaking point with Cutler, and the worry in the organization is that if it keeps up, something could go down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/bears-fear-a-potential-cutler-mutiny/

yahoo_cutlernap.jpg

Fantomex

Rodgers is the reason. I think the defenses have picked up on him already. Packers are still getting 11 wins, but Fantasy Football is gonna suck.

TheLegendary said:
Request to the All- 22 Gods: Any way you can look at the formation of Woodson's pick on Cutler? Want to take a look at what kind of coverage that was...definitely looked unique.
No coaches film available for the game as of yet (just checked). When it's up, I'll take a look at it.

(from the broadcast it looks like their in a dime package but I can't see what's happening on the back end once the CB and safety backpedal)

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/bears-fear-a-potential-cutler-mutiny/

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/8.6siO3UHQxQinnYw3HVtQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_cutlernap.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Interesting about Ben. I remember a Hines' interview were they kept tossing him softballs to compliment Ben and he refused to do it. I know Ben plays up his injuries and his style makes his OL look bad, but I've never seen him on the field show them up. There's too many jackasses in the league for it to be the rape stuff

TheFatOne

Looks like Revis isn't playing against the Steelers.

Edit:Don't have a link yet, but it apparently came from Rex during his press conference. Will update with a link as soon as I find one.

Do you guys think Cutler had a legitimate reason to be pissed off last night? Were their offensive issues more his fault or the o-line's? To me it looked like the o-line and offensive play-calling were the main problems, but Cutler definitely made a few dumb decisions and bad passes that were all his fault.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Do you guys think Cutler had a legitimate reason to be pissed off last night? Were their offensive issues more his fault or the o-line's? To me it looked like the o-line and offensive play-calling were the main problems, but Cutler definitely made a few dumb decisions and bad passes that were all his fault.

It's never Cutler's fault. It's always something else, his OL, the OC, the head coach, the receiving corps, diabetes, an "injury", etc. etc. etc.

Didn't notice until reading some of the stories but Jarrett Bush did not play a single snap on defense.

Shields took the starting role and Hayward took his spot in Dime.

The city of Baltimore right now is bursting. It's a good thing this week's game is in Philly, because M&T Stadium would be rocking, especially if the O's win against Oakland tonight and tommorrow. If we win, and the O's keep up their success, I don't see how New England can expect to roll into that fervor and come out with a win.

I'm bursting as well. Going to two Orioles/A's game this weekend, and the new MLB schedule was released and the O's are coming to SF next season. As much as I hate the Niners, it is nothing compared to my hatred of the SF Giants.

The city of Baltimore right now is bursting. It's a good thing this week's game is in Philly, because M&T Stadium would be rocking, especially if the O's win against Oakland tonight and tommorrow. If we win, and the O's keep up their success, I don't see how New England can expect to roll into that fervor and come out with a win.

I'm bursting as well. Going to two Orioles/A's game this weekend, and the new MLB schedule was released and the O's are coming to SF next season. As much as I hate the Niners, it is nothing compared to my hatred of the SF Giants.
Fuuuck. We all know what happened the last time you were bursting blarry. Restrain yourself!

squicken

Just ordered during lunch, weird people are getting wait times. Maybe all emails say this but my confirmation email says my phone arrives the 21st. No real hurry but cool if it works out that way.

Fox318

Giants fans really that bad over there?

Also Yanks will still win the division.

Ravens are 8-8 on the road in Flaccos last 16 road games. I cant wait for him to do something dumb at the end of the game and then read your rant afterwards.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ravens are 8-8 on the road in Flaccos last 16 road games. I cant wait for him to do something dumb at the end of the game and then read your rant afterwards.

Oh well all know that BLarry is going to wish that Ray Lewis would stab Flacco by the end of the season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dolphins plan impossible halftime contest

The Dolphins don’t do much right. One thing they’re doing right is encouraging melanoma screenings.

Inspired by the fact that the disease claimed the life of CFO Mark Brockelman’s wife, Jan, in 2010, the Dolphins will have a screening before Sunday’s game against the Raiders. The first 100 to be checked will receive a pair of free tickets to the October 14 game against the Rams.

But here’s where it gets a little weird. Of those who showed up in June for a melanoma screening, three of them will try to win $10,000 by attempting a field goal at halftime of Sunday’s game.

A 60-yard field goal.

Sixty yards.

Sixty.

Why even bother? Plenty of NFL kickers would miss a one-time try from that far out, even without a defense trying to block it. How many folks from the average population will even come close?

Hinging the prize on a 60-yard field goal means that they don’t want to give away the prize. And watching a trio of attempts that won’t even make it to the end zone (or possibly to the red zone) will do nothing to add to the in-stadium experience for those who choose to show up for the game.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Made brats last night. First time making them myself. Boiled them in some beer with some onions and pepper, threw them on the grill. Mmhmmm mhmmm.

Must be why we won.

good stuff, but I prefer doing it in reverse. Either way is great though.

WedgeX

Banned
Got to love Bradshaw.

Chi-town Tribune said:
Former NFL quarterback Terry Bradshaw Friday questioned Jay Cutler's leadership during Thursday night's Packers game.

“I like him, I think he’s a great talent," Bradshaw said on WSCR-AM 670's "McNeil and Spiegel Show." "I do not like, I’m telling you I’ll go right on the record – I do not like calling out my linemen and bumping them and screaming and hollering because you’ve got all these cameras watching.

"Tell everyone, say I stunk, I stunk the joint up and it wasn’t my night. You know, apologize to the Bears fans and that quells it a little bit but don’t have to apologize during the week for the media who is going to be all over this when you could have snipped it, you could have cut it right there and now it’s going to just snowball and you don’t need that as a player and you sure don’t need that as a team.

“This is a guy I’ve never met and I’ve heard so many things negatively about Jay. His body language for a person that’s never met him suggests he’s not a person I really want to meet, but that’s kind of a silly thing. I’d really like to sit down with him and I’d have a better understanding of what makes him tick. I think just by talking to him but … I just sometimes, I don’t understand.”

Top Bottom