• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Fox318

2. Why do you troll the Bills? From the outside, it seems like you've given up even competing with NE
Trying to get the rivalry going. Also the Bills fans here gave up on their team so fast. have a little faith Bills fans. I'm in upstate NY now and I had to talk Bills fans off of ledges while telling them that the Jets were infinity better in every way possible.
The Jets won a game!
You remembered!!!!

And here I thought you forgot about our special day!!

KingGondo

Banned
The whole thing has to be an elaborate practical joke right.

Weeden and Shurmur. I knew supporting the Browns would be though and I've had to cope with 8 years of it, but damn...
Take it from someone who watched every one of Weeden's college games (most of those in person): he can play. His lack of accuracy last Sunday was almost certainly nerves and trying to be overly cautious with his throws. He never did anything remotely close to that at OSU.

His skills need to be taken advantage of with the proper schemes, just like any QB. Hopefully the new ownership regime brings in someone new to replace Shurmur ASAP.

Fox318

Take it from someone who watched every one of Weeden's college games (most of those in person): he can play. His lack of accuracy last Sunday was almost certainly nerves and trying to be overly cautious with his throws. He never did anything remotely close to that at OSU.

His skills need to be taken advantage of with the proper schemes, just like any QB. Hopefully the new ownership regime brings in someone new to replace Shurmur ASAP.

He is on the wrong team.

We've broken so many QBs it's not right. We should be legally barred from drafting QBs.

So you're saying he needs harbaugh

KingGondo

Banned
He is on the wrong team.
You'll get no argument from me.

They could have at least gotten him a decent receiver to throw to. Drafting any RB 3rd overall seems like a poor decision to me. Richardson had better turn out to be at least as good as MJD.

(And yes, I'm aware they wanted Kendall Wright before he was taken by Tennessee.)

Wrayfield

WEEDEN-FLAG.gif

Brandon-Weeden-American-flag_medium.jpg

Haha, thanks! :)

jakncoke

Banned
man that douchebag romney is having a speech at lake erie college which is like 800 feet down the road so the secret service had local cops blocking off way before and i nearly couldnt get in because i couldnt find a piece of paper that i need to prove my residence was past the checkpoints. fuckers

Gigglepoo

Why is the Survivor League deadline so early? You should be able to make a pick until right before the last game of the season starts. Bah!

mr2xxx

Banned
1) He's 28, not 32.
2) Anybody who thinks that any college QB would seamlessly transition (especially on a trainwreck of an offense like Cleveland's) is delusional.

And yeah, Kave_Man. I saw Shurmur's post-game conference last week and it didn't exactly fill me with confidence. :(

Guy is a clown.

It can be done and you had the oppurtunity!!!
black-jesus-sacred.jpg

Thank You Cleveland

KingGondo

Banned
It can be done and you had the opportunity!

Thank You Cleveland
You're mistaking me for a Browns fan. I'm pretty much rooting for them solely because I hope Weeden does well.

And please stop trying to act like 1) the Skins O was anywhere near as bad as Cleveland's before this year and 2) that the 'Aints pass D is anywhere close to Philly's.

Final injury report for the Giants going into Sunday:

NEW YORK GIANTS

Out
DE Adewale Ojomo (Hamstring - DNP)

Doubtful
LB Keith Rivers (Hamstring - LP)

Questionable
WR Hakeem Nicks (Foot - DNP)
CB Prince Amukamara (Ankle - LP)

Probable
DT Marvin Austin (Back - LP)
C David Baas (Hip - DNP)
T James Brewer (Back - FP)
CB Michael Coe (Hamstring - LP)
WR Victor Cruz (Excused - DNP)
RB Da'Rel Scott (Knee - FP)

mr2xxx

Banned
You're mistaking me for a Browns fan. I'm pretty much rooting for them solely because I hope Weeden does well.

And please stop trying to act like 1) the Skins O was anywhere near as bad as Cleveland's before this year and 2) that the 'Aints pass D is anywhere close to Philly's.

Redskins offense wasn't any good considering our QB options were Beck vs. Grossman, Moss our #1 and a putrid offensive line. Both were bottom of the barrel offenses last year, the Browns might of been worse but not by much.

krzy123

Redskins offense wasn't any good considering our QB options were Beck vs. Grossman, Moss our #1 and a putrid offensive line. Both were bottom of the barrel offenses last year, the Browns might of been worse but not by much.

while i dont disagree, the Skins O actually finished mid-pack (16th), despite putting that dreck out (dat turnover streak). Cleveland was in the bottom 3.

I honestly think Beck is the worst NFL quarterback I have ever seen. I actually went to Miami once and saw him blow a game in person.

Career in a nutshell

beck-ap-010611_606.jpg

Slo

I honestly think Beck is the worst NFL quarterback I have ever seen. I actually went to Miami once and saw him blow a game in person.

Who was the Chicago QB who came in last year or the prior and looked like he hadn't thrown a football in years? Like he made the roster and then just planned on coasting on the clipboard train until the offseason?

Top Bottom