• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

harSon

Banned
Ugh, Harrison and Polamalu are questionable :|

Would have been nice if Harrison tended to his knee issues in fucking March when he first knew about it...

ari

Banned
If their play is any indication, the line mutinied against Cutler two years ago.
Lol...I'm over this shit already. Still feeling good about this season. The game was horrible offensively and like I said yesterday that special team play changed the game for the packs.

Webb is fucking awful and I wish the coaching staff was yelling at him, not cutler.

Meh, perfect ingredients for a Super Bowl winning sob story.

eznark

Banned
Lol...I'm over this shit already. Still feeling good about this season. The game was horrible offensively and like I said yesterday that special team play changed the game for the packs.

Meh, perfect ingredients for a Super Bowl winning sob story.

If Freeney doesn't get hurt last week, the Bears are 0-2.

harSon

Banned
Unoriginal is the Ray Lewis is a murderer schtick. Calling a washed up player washed up is stating facts.

He's washed up because of two games where he was put into a position where he wasn't able to be himself due to Ryan Clark not being able play because of a Sickle Cell disease?

We were the number one passing defense in the league last year, and Polamalu was a big part of that defense.

And it's a lot harder to stay on top of your game as you age when you're not using more needles than a heroin addict.

Bowser

Just ordered during lunch, weird people are getting wait times. Maybe all emails say this but my confirmation email says my phone arrives the 21st. No real hurry but cool if it works out that way.

Are you talking about the iPhone 5? It depends on where you order from. Apple's online store clearly says "Ships in 2 weeks" while AT&T's still shows Sept 21, but people are doubting that's still the case. If it's Sprint, I wouldn't be surprised though - I don't think there's that great of a demand on Sprint (just my opinion, no hard facts to back it up). Verizon already changed their date to 9/26 at last check.

Bowser

If Freeney doesn't get hurt last week, the Bears are 0-2.

I don't believe this only because Luck looked like shit against the Bears defense (hell, they made Rodgers look somewhat ordinary last night) and was throwing up wounded ducks masquerading as "deep balls."

Bowser

Running back Jonathan Stewart and wide receiver Steve Smith are listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints, but head coach Ron Rivera is hopeful that without any setbacks between now at gametime the two will play.

Stewart (ankle) participated fully in practice again on Friday. Smith (knee) battled soreness yesterday but Rivera said he had a good practice.

Stewart and Smith should be good to go Sunday. Only way Smitty's missing Sunday is if he's not breathing. I think the whole team really wants to stick it to the Saints for the record-chasing shit last year.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, I thought that about Tannehill as well.
Really, expecting anything other than shittiness from rookie QBs on teams as bad as the Browns and Dolphins is unrealistic.

The mistakes Weeden made for the most part were correctable (overthrowing open guys, primarily-which he rarely did in college). His accuracy was ridiculous at OSU. He just needs to learn to be accurate when he's under pressure, which will take time.

squicken

Are you talking about the iPhone 5? It depends on where you order from. Apple's online store clearly says "Ships in 2 weeks" while AT&T's still shows Sept 21, but people are doubting that's still the case. If it's Sprint, I wouldn't be surprised though - I don't think there's that great of a demand on Sprint (just my opinion, no hard facts to back it up). Verizon already changed their date to 9/26 at last check.

Ah thanks for info. Ordered from AT&T's website. It would be shitty of them to promise release day and not deliver. I don't really care. I just wanted to make sure I kept my grandfathered Unlimited Plan and it did

Really, expecting anything other than shittiness from rookie QBs on teams as bad as the Browns and Dolphins is unrealistic.

The mistakes Weeden made for the most part were correctable (overthrowing open guys, primarily-which he rarely did in college). His accuracy was ridiculous at OSU. He just needs to learn to be accurate when he's under pressure, which will take time.

Thought CLE sold the 32 year old QB as pro-ready and his age wasn't an issue b/c he didn't need development?

Bowser

Ah thanks for info. Ordered from AT&T's website. It would be shitty of them to promise release day and not deliver. I don't really care. I just wanted to make sure I kept my grandfathered Unlimited Plan and it did

These are from macrumors.com:

Update 9:15 AM: While AT&T's site continues to cite delivery on September 21 for new pre-orders, a number of customers are reporting that their confirmation emails are quoting shipment in 14-21 business days.

Update 9:55 AM: AT&T's site is now quoting the 14-21 business day shipping estimate previously reported by some customers.

If your email says ships Sept 21, you should be ok then.

eznark

Banned
I don't believe this only because Luck looked like shit against the Bears defense (hell, they made Rodgers look somewhat ordinary last night) and was throwing up wounded ducks masquerading as "deep balls."

Who needs offense when you have Cutler slanging Colts td's?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That's pathetic.

Also, I feel better about Weeden's week 1 performance after watching Cutler last night. The right combination of poor O-line play, dropped passes, and ineffective running game can make any QB look shitty.

Really hoping he bounces back this week. Hopefully Shurmur has some semblance of an offensive gameplan.

You and I both know this won't happen.

I'd like to see him be a lot more aggressive in the fourth quarter. At this point what's the worse that can happen? We blow another fourth quarter lead? Not like that hasn't been going on anyways.

squicken

These are from macrumors.com:

If your email says ships Sept 21, you should be ok then.

Thanks again Bowser. Email said 21st as delivery date. Was thinking of looking at other option but screen is big enough and the weight reduction is pretty boss.

KingGondo

Banned
Thought CLE sold the 32 year old QB as pro-ready and his age wasn't an issue b/c he didn't need development?
1) He's 28, not 32.
2) Anybody who thinks that any college QB would seamlessly transition (especially on a trainwreck of an offense like Cleveland's) is delusional.

And yeah, Kave_Man. I saw Shurmur's post-game conference last week and it didn't exactly fill me with confidence. :(

Guy is a clown.

Fox318

1) He's 28, not 32.
2) Anybody who thinks that any college QB would seamlessly transition (especially on a trainwreck of an offense like Cleveland's) is delusional.

And yeah, Kave_Man. I saw Shurmur's post-game conference last week and it didn't exactly fill me with confidence. :(

Guy is a clown.

89pgo.png

LJ11

That's pathetic.

Also, I feel better about Weeden's week 1 performance after watching Cutler last night. The right combination of poor O-line play, dropped passes, and ineffective running game can make any QB look shitty.

Really hoping he bounces back this week. Hopefully Shurmur has some semblance of an offensive gameplan.

Hopefully Weeden decides to go through his progressions, waiting for the shallow cross to come open isn't going to happen at this level. Time to move your eyes to a different receiver.

Mindlog

This giant bomb money begging session, months after getting acquired by a public company, is embarrassing.
Yeah and SNES's people are being hilariously defensive about absolutely everything. I can't decide which is more amusing.

In terrible news Simmons picked the Bucs as his upset special. Fuck.

KingGondo

Banned
Hopefully Weeden decides to go through his progressions, waiting for the shallow cross to come open isn't going to happen at this level. Time to move your eyes to a different receiver.
That's the thing, the shallow cross wasn't thrown much at OSU--it helped to have Blackmon, but he spread the ball around really well and his accuracy was top-notch. Going against the Eagles secondary and pass rush for your first game is a tough challenge.

Until I see otherwise, I'll choose to see his first game as growing pains and a perfect storm of poor gameplan, no running game, dropped balls, and too much adrenaline (hence the overthrows).

1) He's 28, not 32.

Guy is a clown.

The whole thing has to be an elaborate practical joke right.

Weeden and Shurmur. I knew supporting the Browns would be though and I've had to cope with 8 years of it, but damn...

Fox318

This giant bomb money begging session, months after getting acquired by a public company, is embarrassing.
I kinds agree. I mean its one thing for PBS or NPR do to a drive like this but Giantbomb just became part of a major company. Based on what I've seen from the stream it looks like CBS really took on Giantbomb for their engineering and wiki tech. What they really should have done was extend their memberships fora good 6 months considering how their standards took a dive bomb. They turned a $50 for 5 sites into 2(really 1.01) and their new office might as well be in the fire escape. My membership runs until thanksgiving and I don't think I'm going to reup.

I will say this I am very tempted to buy this shirt.

screen_shot_2012_09_14_at_8.58.53_am_large.png

Top Bottom