• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

I've done it, the deed is done. Traded in my 360 with the Gs promotion and preordered a Wii U. I've cleansed myself of xbox charges.

I've seen the future and the man named snes is the Messiah, join us brothers!!

I've done it, the deed is done. Traded in my 360 with the Gs promotion and preordered a Wii U. I've cleansed myself of xbox charges.

I've seen the future and the man named snes is the Messiah, join us brothers!!

why would you ever trade your 360 in? probably the greatest videogame system ever. but i also pre-ordered wiiU on thursday. championship!

ari

Banned
but ari told me the bears had a better offense than the 49ers.... so i'm not sure i understand...

i would like to point out that the oline is part of the offense too....so therefore i was wrong and the niners are better.

EDIT: i don't remember saying that. lol

I could be wrong....lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of crappy quarterbacks, this week marks the return to the scene of the crime!

fafEV.jpg

why would you ever trade your 360 in? probably the greatest videogame system ever. but i also pre-ordered wiiU on thursday. championship!
Paying for xbox live for basic features like Netflix was one reason, and I'm just not really looking forward to anything but Halo4 and even that will probably just be more of the same. Not the most hardcore gamer anymore, and I just refuse to pay for xbox live anymore at that price.

Edit: also saw the trade in deal, and had to take advantage now

Drakeon

Paying for xbox live for basic features like Netflix was one reason, and I'm just not really looking forward to anything but Halo4 and even that will probably just be more of the same. Not the most hardcore gamer anymore, and I just refuse to pay for xbox live anymore at that price.

Edit: also saw the trade in deal, and had to take advantage now

Why would you trade in your 360 before Halo 4 if you were at all looking forward to it? I don't understand the logic at all >_>

Godslay

Banned
its easy to look at all that and say he is some drama queen. Urlacher, Marshell, forte, and even crutz when he was on the team said that jay is a great leader and listener. When you're reaching by going all the way back to his rookie season for making a rookie mistake for texting isn't any proof of someone being a jerk/asshole. that's stretching brah.

It was the whole time he was there. It wasn't just his rookie season, it was every year he was there. Right up to the very end with McDaniels. You can rationalize it however you feel fit, but where there is smoke there is fire. The Jay Cutler in the game and press conference was the same Jay Cutler I watched in Denver.

It's a douche move to ignore greatness when it is around you. Lynch was trying to help, as where Elway and Shanny. Like I said, rationalize it however you will, but judging from what I saw in Denver, and what I am seeing now, Jay is still Jay. I'll leave it at that.

Why would you trade in your 360 before Halo 4 if you were at all looking forward to it? I don't understand the logic at all >_>
Halo is halo played one pretty much played them all, and I'm not gonna pay for xbox live for one game. Also I can Probably Play it at a friends. I wasn't really looking forward to it, it's just the one thing that still looked interesting to me on 360

Drakeon

Halo is halo played one pretty much played them all, and I'm not gonna pay for xbox live for one game. Also I can Probably Play it at a friends. I wasn't really looking forward to it, it's just the one thing that still looked interesting to me on 360

You say this, but Bungie isn't making this game, so I'm not sure how you can make that jump that they are all the same (or why you'd be looking forward to it if they were).

I can't wait to try out Halo 4 myself, it's the only game besides AC3 that I'm really looking forward to this fall.

You say this, but Bungie isn't making this game, so I'm not sure how you can make that jump that they are all the same (or why you'd be looking forward to it if they were).

I can't wait to try out Halo 4 myself, it's the only game besides AC3 that I'm really looking forward to this fall.
Stop trying to be logical dammit!!!........

Godslay

Banned
i would like to point out that the oline is part of the offense too....so therefore i was wrong and the niners are better.

EDIT: i don't remember saying that. lol

I could be wrong....lol

Jay now has the ability to audible under Tice, judging by the Colts game.

In addition to that I went back through all the sacks, and if you want to confirm this go for it:

#1 Whiffed block by Forte
#2 Spencer beaten by Matthews
#3 Webb beaten by Matthews
#4 Pocket collapsed, Jay held onto the ball forever.
#5 Webb beaten by Matthews
#6 Pocket collapsed Jay held onto the ball forever again.
#7 Overload blitz resulting in sack

Some plays the oline was beaten outright (4 plays). One was a whiff by Forte, and the other two are on Jay. The other thing I noticed is that he didn't alter protections.

ari

Banned
Wow, just saw that the bears passed on Steve slaton for khalil bell. Not shocked because bell knows the offense but surprise none the less.

ari

Banned
Jay now has the ability to audible under Tice, judging by the Colts game.

In addition to that I went back through all the sacks, and if you want to confirm this go for it:

#1 Whiffed block by Forte
#2 Spencer beaten by Matthews
#3 Webb beaten by Matthews
#4 Pocket collapsed, Jay held onto the ball forever.
#5 Webb beaten by Matthews
#6 Pocket collapsed Jay held onto the ball forever again.
#7 Overload blitz resulting in sack

Some plays the oline was beaten outright (4 plays). One was a whiff by Forte, and the other two are on Jay. The other thing I noticed is that he didn't alter protections.
The game was dreadful on the offensive ball for the entire game for us, why jay didn't change the snap count is beyond me. I knew exactly when jay would snap the ball and those knuckle heads on the other side was waiting for jay. Week two ain't bad at all to do adjustments.

What I give the bears and lovie smith is that these fuckers know how to fix shit. They adjusted nicely to the lions second game last year and made jay do boots and move more out of the pocket.

There's a pizza joint up the street that has pesto hot wings. Delicious.

Pizza and wings for dinner tomorrow.

Here's the thing about Holly Springs, NC and pizza/wings. The best pizza is NY Pizza, but they have shitty wings. The best wings are from Homegrown Pizza, but their pizza is mediocre.

So I pick up wings from Homegrown and pizza from NY Pizza. Luckily they are within a minute of each other.

Funny story: one time I needed to make a wing order from Homegrown and couldn't remember their phone #. Looked up homegrown.com on the internet. Bad idea. It's homegrownpizza.com.

Just saw the Sport Science episode with Brandon Weeden, calm down Browns fans apparently he's amazingly accurate!!! If you replace your receivers with clay targets Weeden would go 4/5!!!

Why did Denver gave up on cutler? Didn't he statistically had the best years in Denver
McDaniels wanted Cassel to be his quarterback in Denver after the season he had in NE that made him look good. Cutler was put in that trade and he threw a fit when he found out. When the Cassel deal fell through he demanded to be traded and that's how we ended up with Neckbeard for two years.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So I have to tune to channel 626 to watch this UNM/TTU game. Definitely not a high budget broadcast. But the main camera is panned way out so far that it's basically giving me the all-22 view. Anyone need a breakdown of the triple option run out of a pistol formation?

Godslay

Banned
McDaniels wanted Cassel to be his quarterback in Denver after the season he had in NE that made him look good. Cutler was put in that trade and he threw a fit when he found out. When the Cassel deal fell through he demanded to be traded and that's how we ended up with Neckbeard for two years.

We dodged a bullet by not getting Cassel. Really if you think about it, all of McD's bad moves allowed us to eventually get Manning. I can't imagine having Cassel as our QB, goddamit it would be hard to root for him.

We dodged a bullet by not getting Cassel. Really if you think about it, all of McD's bad moves allowed us to eventually get Manning. I can't imagine having Cassel as our QB, goddamit it would be hard to root for him.

So what you're saying is, if Peyton wins you a Super Bowl, then that's all thanks to McHoodie Jr?

Sweet, can't wait till McDaniels takes over in NE and trades Gronk, Ridley and Hernandez.

Yeah now it all looks good in hindsight but back then I was pretty pissed that we were giving up Cutler. I thought he would've turned into a pretty good QB under McDaniels.

Godslay

Banned
So what you're saying is, if Peyton wins you a Super Bowl, then that's all thanks to McHoodie Jr?

Sweet, can't wait till McDaniels takes over in NE and trades Gronk, Ridley and Hernandez.

Nah, it still goes back to Shanny and his regime. He set everything in motion by drafting Cutler. McD was merely a link in the chain.

I also find it interesting that Shanny relied specifically on Fisher to know what type of a person Cutler was. He never met him prior to the draft, only watched game film apparently.

Yeah now it all looks good in hindsight but back then I was pretty pissed that we were giving up Cutler. I thought he would've turned into a pretty good QB under McDaniels.

I hoped the same thing, and I can say in all honesty that I did like Cutler at the start. Over time though things changed. I thought McD would get things lined out, but I was fooled.

Top Bottom