• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

SoulPlaya

more money than God
you just don't do that shit in front of other people. i don't know how else to explain that. no one is arguing that webb didn't fuck up or that people shouldn't be yelled at when they fuck up, but not in that manner. maybe it's all my years of working with other people in retail and other situations or maybe it's just common sense but you don't call someone out like that in that manner. if jay cutler doesn't understand that then he is a fucking idiot and it's no surprise he has been a career failure
I don't know, it just seems silly. It's a violent sport, but this is too much? And like it's been said, other quarterbacks have done this routinely, but because Cutler tends to have a shitty disposition, he gets more flak than usual.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Tebow should coach Cutler on how to deal with the media.

If Cutler had Tebow's personality, he would own Chicago.

I'm so glad that Cutler sucks though! Makes it more fun!

ari

Banned

i have no idea why cutler sucks so damn bad against the packers. this team is by FAR the worst he played against. He is decent at home against them but is atrocious going up there. I just don't get it. Even he is aware that this team got his number. :/

i have no idea why cutler sucks so damn bad against the packers. this team is by FAR the worst he played against. He is decent at home against them but is atrocious going up there. I just don't get it. Even he is aware that this team got his number. :/

sorry but this isn't exclusive against the packers. this is against teams that get pressure on him. he can't deal with pressure and he's too fucking stupid to get the ball out when there is pressure. bob compliments cutler saying "oh he has a great deep ball!" yeah, he does, and that's ALL he looks for. the bears have no short game and when you are playing a team that takes away the deep stuff and pressures the QB, cutler folds like he always has

squicken

The diabetus destroyed his testicles. Playing the Colts D he didn't need any after Freeney got hurt. But in situations like playing on the road vs the Packers or in NFC Championship games, testicles provide a useful hormone that helps overcome fear

Slo

I don't understand why Tebow is so charismatic. He's a very positive person, sure, but all he every talks about is how blessed he is to be doing whatever it is that hes doing at the moment. It comes across very Forrest Gump to me.

I don't understand why Tebow is so charismatic. He's a very positive person, sure, but all he every talks about is how blessed he is to be doing whatever it is that hes doing at the moment. It comes across very Forrest Gump to me.

the difference is forest gump fucked jenny and tim tebow is a virgin

ari

Banned
sorry but this isn't exclusive against the packers. this is against teams that get pressure on him. he can't deal with pressure and he's too fucking stupid to get the ball out when there is pressure. bob compliments cutler saying "oh he has a great deep ball!" yeah, he does, and that's ALL he looks for. the bears have no short game and when you are playing a team that takes away the deep stuff and pressures the QB, cutler folds like he always has
His short game is Matt Forte and Kellen davis, and both is his bailout passes. What are you talking about?

His short game is Matt Forte and Kellen davis, and both is his bailout passes. What are you talking about?

i'll give you forte, that is the only reason you had anything in the game. but cutler just sits there and sits there and sits there waiting for something to break open deep and then when it doesn't and he gets sacked he throws a temper tantrum

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Because he's one of the few players that parents are fine with their kids talking like and looking up to.

You can't look up to a guy like Brian Urlacher with his illegitimate children or Ray Lewis and his illegitimate children and murdering.

squicken

Has anyone used the Big Picture Mode on steam? I guess I don't get the point. I play all my PC games with a gamepad. Just launch the game with the mouse/kb, adjust settings, then pick up the controller

Rorschach

Teams that have a decent DL and run man coverage make him look like shit. Oakland, Carolina, GreenBay, Gints, etc... Even Miami makes him look like shit every time.

He's Grossman 2.0. He'll get a hot streak against shit teams, then he'll be shit again. And you guys will still be drinking the Kool-Aid. We'll sit back and laugh for another 5 years.

ari

Banned
Alabama could beat the Dolphins.

lol, i like how he squeezed them and the raiders in there. If JayJay was in that game, the raiders wouldn't had a chance of winning last year. That is besides the points. JayJay do have a real problem against great DLs. :( He really do panic to much and never sit still to make a play.

Rorschach

No college team could even beat the Browns.
lol, i like how he squeezed them and the raiders in there. If JayJay was in that game, the raiders wouldn't had a chance of winning last year.

Look at the stats, smart guy. Only game Cutler didn't shit the bed against Oakland was the one where DeAngello Hall started. That's why he was giving DHall shit when they played Washington. Unfortunately, that turned into a 4 Interception day for him, but still.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i'll give you forte, that is the only reason you had anything in the game. but cutler just sits there and sits there and sits there waiting for something to break open deep and then when it doesn't and he gets sacked he throws a temper tantrum
What game? Forte didn't even play a good deal of the Packers game as he was injured. And I think you're greatly exaggerating Cutler holding on for the ball too long. He does do that at times, but there were few instances of that during the Packers game, and it was made much worse by the fact that his receivers get dropping balls and couldn't get open. For the vast majority of the game, the OLine just immediately collapsed. Unless you consider more than one second as being too long, that wasn't really the issue in the last game.

Cutler may not be good, but he's not even getting a chance.

ari

Banned
No college team could even beat the Browns.

Look at the stats, smart guy. Only game Cutler didn't shit the bed against Oakland was the one where DeAngello Hall started. That's why he was giving DHall shit when they played Washington. Unfortunately, that turned into a 4 Interception day for him, but still.

i know that dude. Jay do have a problem against good defensive teams. He have all the offensive weapons that he needs. The oline is the only suspect thing on our team now. I think jay just needs to stop panicking and just step up and make a play.

Doomsayer

Remember how bad Jay was against the Chargers?

The Packers are the Chargers of his life.

Kolb will either shit the bed (expected) or salvage his career. Can't wait to see which one lol

Already given up? Kolb is a lock for the Hall of Fame, ask yankeehater!

Godslay

Banned
What the fuck ever. Phillip rivers talk shit to his team members and even fuck with defenders all the time, even push and shove them. Tom Brady and drew Brees get in their oline and recievers asses every game. Peyton manning even yell at Jeff Saturday every other game when with the colts. Its not embarrassing, its what leaders do.

This is such a contradicting argument against jay.

Sure he can put the blame on himself, sure he shouldn't throw the players that suck under the bus. Sure, but showing emotion on the sideline is what he should be doing. Webb sucks, everyone in Chicago wants this dude gone, but when jay bump him and yell at him on national tv, he shouldn't do it? GTFO, jay did the same to mike martz against the saints last year when he couldn't audible. It is not about being mature, it's about fixing a problem he sees.

Oh, and he didn't kicked Woodson, Woodson have fallen on his leg and jay brushed him off. If that was peyton or Brady, they would've flopped. Which I was hoping he would do. :/

I've seen Peyton go off, as well as Rivers. I have never seen Peyton shove another teammate, and if he did that is crossing the line, I can't speak for Rivers.

Alfred Williams (former Denver player) talked about how it was fine if teammates yelled at each other, but if anyone puts hands on each other then they better expect a fight. The reason being is that putting your hands on another man is entering the land of attempting to intimidate.

It's embarrassing (specifically the bump), simply because it makes him look like an immature a-hole. Hell look at this post-game press conference. He acts like a goddamn baby, and his body language and attitude is shit. He's always been this way, going all the way back to Denver, he really hasn't changed. He was never a leader and if it keeps going this way I don't see it happening anytime soon. Don't take my word for it, here's some stuff I dug up from his Denver days...

Once, in his rookie year in Denver, 45 minutes before a game, surefire Hall of Fame safety John Lynch was trying to explain something to Cutler about NFL pass coverage. Except Cutler wasn't looking at Lynch. He was texting.

"Man, I'm trying to talk to you!" Lynch protested.

Didn't help. Cutler was all thumbs, head down. Finally, Lynch slapped the phone out of Cutler's hands, smashing it to the floor.

He listened after that.

One time, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan thought it would be helpful for Cutler and Broncos legend John Elway to have lunch. Let Cutler drink in some of Elway's experience.

The three of them sat down at a Denver steak joint. Elway, polite as ever, tried to impart some wisdom. Except Cutler wasn't looking at Elway. He wasn't looking at Shanahan, either. He was looking at the TV. The whole time. With his baseball cap on backward. All the way through dessert. Elway did not leave impressed.

Reporter #1: So, did you enjoy the week off?

Cutler: Yeah, it's nice to kick back and watch the games.

Reporter #2: Wait. Last week, you said you never watch the games.

Cutler (disgusted): I said you could watch the games. I didn't say I watched the games. You've got to listen.

Cutler is the kind of guy you just want to pick up and throw into a swimming pool, which is exactly what Peyton Manning and two linemen did one year at the Pro Bowl.

"He's an arrogant little punk," former Broncos radio color man, Scott Hastings, once said on a national show. "He's a little bitch."

Harsh? Yes. Heard before? Yes.

"I used to hear this kind of stuff a lot," says Marty Garafalo, a freelance publicist who handled Cutler in Denver. "Elway was always trying to give you the time of day, and Jay was always seeing which door he could get out of quicker. It was a maturity thing."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What game? Forte didn't even play a good deal of the Packers game as he was injured. And I think you're greatly exaggerating Cutler holding on for the ball too long. He does do that at times, but there were few instances of that during the Packers game, and it was made much worse by the fact that his receivers get dropping balls and couldn't get open. For the vast majority of the game, the OLine just immediately collapsed. Unless you consider more than one second as being too long, that wasn't really the issue in the last game.

The truth is that Cutler's line is awful but he also gets a lot of bad coverage sacks from holding onto the ball.

Rodgers had the exact same problem in 2009 when we had a line just as bad.

ari

Banned

that kellen davis drop, hester drop, and Marshall dropped in the endzone blew any chance of a better looking scoring game. Come to think about it. Cutler was maneuvering great in the pocket and scrabbling only to get put on his shit...he should've thrown it away a couple of times but he was looking done the field too much. meh

Doomsayer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ord-put-on-injured-reserve-by-oakland-raiders

The Oakland Raiders announced wide receiver Jacoby Ford has been placed on injured reserve and cornerback Ron Bartell also was moved to injured reserve but has been designated to return. That allows Bartell to rejoin practice Oct. 27 and game action Nov. 11.

Ford had surgery on his foot Tuesday, and Bartell is recovering from a fractured shoulder blade suffered in Week 1.

The Raiders promoted cornerback Coye Francies and long-snapper Nick Guess from the practice squad.

This isn't the best news for a Raiders defense that is not exactly strong in the secondary. The top of the cornerback depth chart features Green Bay Packers castoff Pat Lee and Shawnte Spencer, who was released by the San Francisco 49ers after playing just nine games in 2011.

The Raiders should be able to get through this week against rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill and the Miami Dolphins.

The next three weeks, however, feature Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers, Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos and Matt Ryan with the Atlanta Falcons.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The truth is that Cutler's line is awful but he also gets a lot of bad coverage sacks from holding onto the ball.

Rodgers had the exact same problem in 2009 when we had a line just as bad.
I'm just frustrated with the Bears. This has been a known problem for years. The Bears' OLine has been a league wide joke for so long, and yet, they still did nothing to fix it.

What game was it where Cutler played a great game despite the Bears OLine completely collapsing? The Bears still lost, but I remember he got a lot of respect after that. It was on MNF.

that kellen davis drop, hester drop, and Marshall dropped in the endzone blew any chance of a better looking scoring game. Come to think about it. Cutler was maneuvering great in the pocket and scrabbling only to get put on his shit...he should've thrown it away a couple of times but he was looking done the field too much. meh

i guess what i'm trying to say is that cutler isn't a very good QB. there are plenty of excuses you can use (line wasn't good, guys dropped balls, etc) but at the end of the game what is jay cutler more often than not? a loser

ari

Banned
I've seen Peyton go off, as well as Rivers. I have never seen Peyton shove another teammate, and if he did that is crossing the line, I can't speak for Rivers.

Alfred Williams (former Denver player) talked about how it was fine if teammates yelled at each other, but if anyone puts hands on each other then they better expect a fight. The reason being is that putting your hands on another man is entering the land of attempting to intimidate.

It's embarrassing (specifically the bump), simply because it makes him look like an immature a-hole. Hell look at this post-game press conference. He acts like a goddamn baby, and his body language and attitude is shit. He's always been this way, going all the way back to Denver, he really hasn't changed. He was never a leader and if it keeps going this way I don't see it happening anytime soon. Don't take my word for it, here's some stuff I dug up from his Denver days...

its easy to look at all that and say he is some drama queen. Urlacher, Marshell, forte, and even crutz when he was on the team said that jay is a great leader and listener. When you're reaching by going all the way back to his rookie season for making a rookie mistake for texting isn't any proof of someone being a jerk/asshole. that's stretching brah.

I'm just frustrated with the Bears. This has been a known problem for years. The Bears' OLine has been a league wide joke for so long, and yet, they still did nothing to fix it.

What game was it where Cutler played a great game despite the Bears OLine completely collapsing? The Bears still lost, but I remember he got a lot of respect after that. It was on MNF.

it was the lions game. Showed how cutler adjusted to that shit line. was really proud of him

i guess what i'm trying to say is that cutler isn't a very good QB. there are plenty of excuses you can use (line wasn't good, guys dropped balls, etc) but at the end of the game what is jay cutler more often than not? a loser

i agree, he still have a ways to go to be a pure top QB.

You've don a great job arguing that, lol.

his play does all the talking needed. he doesn't make quick decisions and it makes his line look worse than it is. were there times where guys were in on him immediately? sure. alex smith had the same problem against the packers. did alex smith chuck up 4 picks and basically cost his team the game? no.

jay cutler truly is a modern day jeff george

Has anyone used the Big Picture Mode on steam? I guess I don't get the point. I play all my PC games with a gamepad. Just launch the game with the mouse/kb, adjust settings, then pick up the controller
It's pretty much only for those who built HTPCs and game on their TV. Other than that it's practically worthless for those at their desk.

Greg

his play does all the talking needed. he doesn't make quick decisions and it makes his line look worse than it is. were there times where guys were in on him immediately? sure. alex smith had the same problem against the packers. did alex smith chuck up 4 picks and basically cost his team the game? no.

tumblr_madvd8Ae2l1ra90n2o1_500.jpg

proof is in the pudding

ari

Banned

alex smith didn't chuck up 4 picks, but matt stafford, vick, both mannings, tom brady, rivers, big ben, farve, and a slew of other qbs did in a game, and they are all better then alex smith, and isn't a modern day jeff george.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I can't pass judgment on him when he's never had decent protection as a Bear, and this is the first year where he's had a decent WR core as a Bear.

He could very well be garbage, but I say that he hasn't really been given a fair chance.

LukeSmith

You're still learning about the way numbers work, aren't you?

• Jay Cutler, career record: 42-39
  • Alex Smith career record: 33-34

I feel like I just slapped you around for this a week ago and then you went and ran to some "bu bu not since Harbs showed up" babytalk, which is fine. Over the last year Alex Smith has won more games than Jay Pout and anyone else. Other than Eli Manning, who won a Super Bowl.

But, more often than not in Alex Smith's career - he's a loser.

Until Sunday, when the Niners beat the Lions and finally, Alex is just a loser half of the time.

alex smith didn't chuck up 4 picks, but matt stafford, vick, both mannings, tom brady, rivers, big ben, farve, and a slew of other qbs did in a game, and they are all better then alex smith, and isn't a modern day jeff george.

what do those qb's throwing 4 picks against who-knows-what team have to do with this? you will never get a fairer comparison: alex smith played the packers on sunday and posted a 125+ QB rating with 0 turnovers and cutler played the same exact team 4 days later and posted a 20 QB rating with 4 picks

SoulPlaya

more money than God
what do those qb's throwing 4 picks against who-knows-what team have to do with this? you will never get a fairer comparison: alex smith played the packers on sunday and posted a 125+ QB rating with 0 turnovers and cutler played the same exact team 4 days later and posted a 20 QB rating with 4 picks
You're argument would be more substantive if the QB was the only player on a team's offense.

Top Bottom