• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

squicken

I hoped the same thing, and I can say in all honesty that I did like Cutler at the start. Over time though things changed. I thought McD would get things lined out, but I was fooled.

McD was right to get rid of Cutler, though. He may have botched a lot of his picks but he got great value in the trade

McD was right to get rid of Cutler, though. He may have botched a lot of his picks but he got great value in the trade

that was a really good trade for the broncos. two first round picks for cutler? the bears probably couldn't get a 5th rounder for cutler considering his performance and contract

My son got some football cards today. He was so utterly bummed that he got a Tom Brady card.

I told him "That's great."

He looked at me like I'd grown two heads.

I said, "It's time you learned some voodoo."

Were the fans in general happy with cutler trade?
It was sort of mixed feelings. I personally felt like letting him go was a mistake at the time because I felt he could thrive with a new coach and not be held down by Shanahan. Plus I thought that the Cutler-Marshall dynamic would do pretty well under McDaniels.

Of course now that we're seeing the real Jay Cutler come to light it's all great that this happened. Imagine the headaches this team would be having if he was still the starting QB here.

ari

Banned
It was sort of mixed feelings. I personally felt like letting him go was a mistake at the time because I felt he could thrive with a new coach and not be held down by Shanahan. Plus I thought that the Cutler-Marshall dynamic would do pretty well under McDaniels.

Of course now that we're seeing the real Jay Cutler come to light it's all great that this happened. Imagine the headaches this team would be having if he was still the starting QB here.
The real jay cutler is 6-1 in his last 7 starts. What the fuck is this shit going on around here? broncos had a shit QB by the name of Tim tebow and an incompetent coach and a dwindling offense for two seasons and jay get shitted on by that fan base? fuck that noise.

broncos play went down, bears went up.

Milchjon

Some dude requested this:

b1nwT.jpg

I'm drunk, don't expect me to do this the right way...

beast786

I was shocked when they let him go. you don't see young franchise type QB traded at that age of career.

but, I also believe the book regarding the trade is not closed yet .

Godslay

Banned

It's a weird feeling trading your 'franchise' QB. I think the prevailing thought was we wanted the talent to stay, but nobody really cared much for his personality or passion for the game/Broncos. Plus fans smoothed over some of the things he said and did, because he did play well.

The real jay cutler is 6-1 in his last 7 starts. What the fuck is this shit going on around here? broncos had a shit QB by the name of Tim tebow and an incompetent coach and a dwindling offense for two seasons and jay get shitted on by that fan base? fuck that noise.

broncos play went down, bears went up.

We don't owe Jay Cutler shit. He didn't do a goddamn thing while he was here. Tebow was a bad pick in retrospect, but he gave us a magical season last year. In that one season, Tebow gave more fucks about the Broncos than Cutler did the entire time he was here. Plus he lead the team to a playoff win in Denver, something Cutler never did in his time in Denver.

ari

Banned
We don't owe Jay Cutler shit. He didn't do a goddamn thing while he was here. Tebow was a bad pick in retrospect, but he gave us a magical season last year. In that one season, Tebow gave more fucks about the Broncos than Cutler did the entire time he was here. Plus he lead the team to a playoff win in Denver, something Cutler never did in his time in Denver.

Tim Tebow better then Jay Cutler confirmed. Can't wait to see your response when manning doesn't lead you there.

jay cutler numbers in any season, any comparable amount of games to tebow, is much better in denver then tim tebow's. Even Orton's for that matter. whatever. let yo cutler hate flow.

Godslay

Banned
Tim Tebow better then Jay Cutler confirmed. Can't wait to see your response when manning doesn't lead you there.

As a fan, I appreciated the season Tebow gave us more than any Cutler did. Statistically he may not be better, but not being a fucking douchebag goes a long way. As does pretending that you give a shit. So come to all the faulty conclusions you see fit. Statistically, Jay was better, but there is more to just numbers when it comes to LEADING a team.

I would have love to seen that combo.

imagine cutler saying this to harbaugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hH_8bw809o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Harbaugh would have shoved his fist up Cutler's ass like so:

iDSZB62OzpgMv.gif

The biggest problem on the Bears clearly isn't that handsome bastard Culter, but Brandon Marshall. They should trade him to the Patriots for a 7th rounder and a box of double stuffed sugar free Oreos for Jay.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The biggest problem on the Bears clearly isn't that handsome bastard Culter, but Brandon Marshall. They should trade him to the Patriots for a 7th rounder and a box of double stuffed sugar free Oreos for Jay.

Pains me to say, Marshall would have a ridiculous statistical season if he played for the Pats. He's exactly the kind of player that the Pats would take too.

ari

Banned
As a fan, I appreciated the season Tebow gave us more than any Cutler did. Statistically he may not be better, but not being a fucking douchebag goes a long way. As does pretending that you give a shit. So come to all the faulty conclusions you see fit. Statistically, Jay was better, but there is more to just numbers when it comes to LEADING a team.

man, i see what you're saying, i really do man. I honestly believe that jay can work on his leadership skills. Dude do come off as a little bitch if you look at him doing the media after game stuff.

But i like his cockiness, i like how he approach the news reports that paint him this exact way.

Urlacher is the same persona afterall, but he don't get shit for it.

I also understand that this guy is the automatic leader for this team by default. But do you really believe that he is a pretentious smart ass that doesn't listen to his coaches, teammates, and the media?

This dude got his own radio show on espn 1000. You should really listen in. He listen to criticism from fans and the media alike and he even went on record saying that the shit gets to his head some times.

Handsome you say?

jay-cutler.jpg

Pains me to say, Marshall would have a ridiculous statistical season if he played for the Pats. He's exactly the kind of player that the Pats would take too.

He probably wouldn't. Way too many mouths too feed on that O. He will probably start complaining, hit his wife and get traded again, but I like your theory better, so lets just dream about that.

Omg better idea, Welker for Marshall straight up. It might work that way.

Godslay

Banned
man, i see what you're saying, i really do man. I honestly believe that jay can work on his leadership skills. Dude do come off as a little bitch if you look at him doing the media after game stuff.

But i like his cockiness, i like how he approach the news reports that paint him this exact way.

Urlacher is the same persona afterall, but he don't get shit for it.

I also understand that this guy is the automatic leader for this team by default. But do you really believe that he is a pretentious smart ass that doesn't listen to his coaches, teammates, and the media?

This dude got his own radio show on espn 1000. You should really listen in. He listen to criticism from fans and the media alike and he even went on record saying that the shit gets to his head some times.

I know he's your QB, so by default you'll stick up for him. My experience with him is tainted. So both of us are biased towards one thing or another. Maybe he is better behind the scenes, but I can only go off of what I see. What I saw on Thursday was the old Jay that we dealt with from time to time.

All Jay has to do is handle PR a bit better, and one might actually feel sorry for him getting the shit beat out of him.

ari

Banned
He probably wouldn't. Way too many mouths too feed on that O. He will probably start complaining, hit his wife and get traded again, but I like your theory better, so lets just dream about that.

Omg better idea, Welker for Marshall straight up. It might work that way.

why take marshall? so his career can be devoured to shit like moss and ocho was? Using their talents as decoys to throw it to tight ends and the lesser talented receivers? no thank.

ari

Banned
I know he's your QB, so by default you'll stick up for him. My experience with him is tainted. So both of us are biased towards one thing or another. Maybe he is better behind the scenes, but I can only go off of what I see. What I saw on Thursday was the old Jay that we dealt with from time to time.

All Jay has to do is handle PR a bit better, and one might actually feel sorry for him getting the shit beat out of him.

again, i agree with you on most points, but i believe i am just a few chicagoans that actually listen to the jay cutler show on espn 1000. He really is a chill dude. he might not look at it because he is emo or something.

cutleremo.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
why take marshall? so his career can be devoured to shit like moss and ocho was? Using their talents as decoys to throw it to tight ends and the lesser talented receivers? no thank.

Randy Moss had his best season ever at New England in 2007.

I like Marshall as a football player, dude is a physical freak and when he's on he's amazing to watch play. I said he probably wouldn't work on the Patriots because they already have a lot of options on O, but still, an interesting thought.

Secondly, Moss his carreer was revitalized in NE, dude was fahking garbage in Oakland and set the league on fire in his first 2 years in NE. Even in his last year, he played like 4 games in NE and still scored a like 4 TDs, yeah he got traded but hey, tough shit. No way in hell the Patriots 'devoured his career to shit'.

And Chad was already shit when they traded for him, it was a freaking miracle they kept him on the roster that year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
you know what i mean.

Sorta. Moss played his best or close to it during his time at New England while Ochocinco statistically was on a major decline well before he ever arrived there. They're playing heavy with their tight ends right now because that's what they have to work with. If Marshall ever went to New England, they would find a way to use him beyond being a decoy.

edit: I can't believe I'm saying positive things about New England.

J-Roderton

again, i agree with you on most points, but i believe i am just a few chicagoans that actually listen to the jay cutler show on espn 1000. He really is a chill dude. he might not look at it because he is emo or something.

He has a show?

Quazar

What's with Cutler hate, that oline is to blame. He was running for his life just about every damn play.

But on to more important matters, the Lions will get their asses kicked again by us, and their coach will cry.

ari

Banned
What's with Cutler hate, that oline is to blame. He was running for his life just about every damn play.

But on to more important matters, the Lions will get their asses kicked again by us, and their coach will cry.
Shhh, stop it.

I think the lions can put up a fight though. Upset?

Top Bottom