• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ez.

Torchlight is finally out later this week. If its at all still on your radar I definitely want to get some co-op in. I have you on steam already, my ID is Generalissimo.

eznark

Banned
Great leaders like Churchill are always putting on that happy face.

Hey Ez.

Torchlight is finally out later this week. If its at all still on your radar I definitely want to get some co-op in. I have you on steam already, my ID is Generalissimo.

Sorry man, that one got backburnered (unless Borderlands 2 turns out to really suck)

GQman2121

Banned
Did Terrell Suggs not have a "contract"?

Sometimes young millionaires don't listen to reason.....

1261119223147.JPEG

bionic77

We have enough problems with dropped passes already.

As for Rodgers, I can totally see it. He's never exuded leadership. He does his job and he expects you to do yours. Never seen him passionate about anything, win or lose.
I just want one more big target for Ben and a competent line. It is really early but I think I am going to like the way Haley runs this offense.

Regarding Rodgers, I mean cmon we all knew he was a scumbag from day one. America had a pact with the Packers that they would start Brent until the day he actually died on the field. Rodgers took that away from us.

I have a few rules in life and one of the biggest is to never trust the backup qb. He is always rooting against you and just waiting for that one moment to stab you in the back.

DeaconKnowledge said:
While I agree that the "Rah Rah" type isn't always necessary, it is necessary to show that you give a shit, and I just don't see that from Rodgers. Never have.
He obviously gave a shit against the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

methodman

Banned
Niners are a top 3 team in everyone's power rankings... even though having power rankings for week 2 is laughable, still feels good man. Been a long ass time since we had team like this

eznark

Banned
He obviously gave a shit against the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

I like that Rodgers is getting shit for not caring but also getting shit for caring too much and yelling at Jones to run his route. I feel like a Cutler fan!

Speaking of:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
James Jones on Aaron Rodgers: "I love that dude, man." Said Rodgers apologized but Jones said he told the QB he didn't have to.

Jones on Rodgers' leadership: "To question his leadership is ridiculous."

Players lying to protect the QB? Now I definitely feel like a Bears fan!!

bionic77

Niners are a top 3 team in everyone's power rankings... even though having power rankings for week 2 is laughable, still feels good man. Been a long ass time since we had team like this
Wha?

The Niners just went 13-3 last year and barely lost in the Championship game.

Sorry man, that one got backburnered (unless Borderlands 2 turns out to really suck)

Its all good.

Tell us here if Borderlands is awesome. I need first hand accounts because I got the first one and kinda felt burned. Didnt click.

It looks like this one fixed a lot of the problems I had with the first though.

bionic77

I like that Rodgers is getting shit for not caring but also getting shit for caring too much and yelling at Jones to run his route. I feel like a Cutler fan!
Leaders don't care.

They lead.

I trust Finley's agent on this because if you can't trust the lawyers, politicians and agents then who the fuck can you trust?

Godslay

Banned
I think most of GAF is completely apathetic to the Texans. Most of the time everyone just forgets they exist, unless Houston superfan Squicken posts some Watt pics.

I'd agree with this. They are a franchise who has largely been unsuccessful as the Texans, but want immediate respect for beating the Bengals, and winning two games against the Dolphins and the Jags. Not very many people are going to respect them until they do something in the playoffs. I'd say they have to make it to the AFC championship for anyone to take them seriously.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I have never in my life seen someone who sucked massive balls at throwing it deep somehow getting better at it as the season went along.

That is your qb. He isn't changing this year and if we are being honest probably not next year either. He is a really smart player who can see the coverage and pressure prior to the snap and get the ball to the right player. That alone is better than 80% of the players in the league. What he is not going to do anytime soon is beat you with his arms (though he did beat the Steelers with his legs on one play, but I am pretty sure you can only do that against our defense and he won't be able to make a living out of it).

He's still rehabbing. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, when he himself says that he's not 100% but working hard to get there. I don't expect exponential gains in deep passing capability, but I do think the balls we saw thrown last night will be few and far between deeper into the season.

squicken

I'm surprised they've never had like OSHA come in and check things out. It makes no sense the injury rate they have. Multiple coaches, owners, trainers, GMs. But the injuries are always there

Why can't the Rams ever get a healthy season from their offense?

During their Week 1 loss to the Lions, the Rams' offensive linemen began dropping like flies. Center Scott Wells, signed away from the Packers during free agency, suffered a fractured foot that forced him to be placed on injured reserve and miss the remainder of the season. Left guard Rokevious Watkins, a fifth-round pick who won the starting job as a rookie, suffered an ankle injury that forced him to miss Week 2. And left tackle Rodger Saffold had the scariest injury of all, a stinger that had him down for a long time and caused him to be carted off the field.

Saffold actually recovered well enough to start against the Redskins on Sunday, but he suffered a sprained MCL on a fumble recovery that will cause him to miss a couple of weeks. His replacement was infamous Jets castoff Wayne Hunter, a poor pass protector on the right side who was now stuck playing the more difficult position of left tackle, and even he went down with an injury during the Redskins game. That left the Rams with a third-string left tackle and second-stringers at left guard and center. And they still won!

The weird thing is that this sort of injury stack isn't anything new for the Rams. During my time at Football Outsiders, I developed a metric called Adjusted Games Lost (AGL) that measured how significantly injuries affected a team, specifically focusing on their intended starters. In both 2010 and 2011, the Rams had the least-healthy offense in all of football. They were also the least-healthy offense in 2007, improving to the lofty heights of ranking as the third-most injured offense in 2008 and sixth-most in 2009. With injuries to those four linemen and a groin complaint by Steven Jackson, they're well on their way to topping the charts again in 2012.

What is it about the Rams that makes them so injury-prone? It's hard to tell. Normally, when a team suffers a consistent string of injuries over multiple seasons, I'm inclined to suggest that it's randomness or something about their player acquisition policies that's delivering health risks to the team. (The Colts, as an example, were perennially unhealthy on defense during the Bill Polian era, something likely owing to their philosophy of drafting smaller, faster players.) The Rams have been too hurt for too long, though, and they've rebuilt the roster under both Steve Spagnuolo and now with Jeff Fisher, who perennially had one of the league's healthiest teams in Tennessee.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...l-thing-we-used-to-call-fabs-and-flops-week-2

DeaconKnowledge said:
Don't remember him being particularly more excited than he usually is.
What does being exciteable have to do with leadership? Players follow success. Not some asshole jumping up and down in euphoria because he did something right.

bionic77 said:
I trust Finley's agent on this because if you can't trust the lawyers, politicians and agents then who the fuck can you trust?
:jnc

He's still rehabbing. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, when he himself says that he's not 100% but working hard to get there. I don't expect exponential gains in deep passing capability, but I do think the balls we saw thrown last night will be few and far between deeper into the season.

Peyton Manning is 36.

eznark

Banned
What does being exciteable have to do with leadership? Players follow success. Not some asshole jumping up and down in euphoria because he did something right.

Give me an even keel like Manning any day over some excitable idiot who can't control their emotions. Guys like Brady and Peyton (and Rodgers) seem to be strategically irate. A guy like Jeff George or Ryan Leaf simply had no control over their emotions. Such great leaders!

Bowser

Stolen from another board, but apparently on Sound FX on NFL Network last night, Jay Cutler recounted this story:

"The Broncos were playing a road game in Carolina and Jay and Brandon Marshall were out on the field, hours before kick-off, working out together. And as Jay was taking Brandon Marshall through the route tree, Steve Smith ran on the field and got in their way over and over again. When Jay asked him what his problem was, Steve Smith said, "This is my motherfucking house."

:jnc

bionic77

Replacement refs.
Is it coincidence that ez is spending all of his time making excuses for the replacement refs and Fraudgers? Should we next expect Fraudgers to fake an injury during the NFC Championship game against the Bears (who will also be playing their backup qb because Cutler is faking his own injury)?

Peyton Manning is 36.
Even if he was 26 I have never seen someone suck that much dick at throwing deep and then suddenly become good at it at the end of the season.

I just don't see it happening. Dude is going to be Chad Pennington this season and that might still be enough because they have a good team overall.

MechDX

I'd agree with this. They are a franchise who has largely been unsuccessful as the Texans, but want immediate respect for beating the Bengals, and winning two games against the Dolphins and the Jags. Not very many people are going to respect them until they do something in the playoffs. I'd say they have to make it to the AFC championship for anyone to take them seriously.

You needed a back up plan with Peyton as your starter and you have none. I stated this in the off season and it should worry the shit out of you. Peyton just looked really bad.

Fine, whatever.....we start getting respect when we destroy old man Manning this Sunday. Then move on to Sanchez (lol), Rodgers, Flacco, Cutler (and his knee), Stafford and Brady.

eznark

Banned
Is it coincidence that ez is spending all of his time making excuses for the replacement refs and Fraudgers? Should we next expect Fraudgers to fake an injury during the NFC Championship game against the Bears (who will also be playing their backup qb because Cutler is faking his own injury)?

Tell your wife to scroll up (I'm guessing she doesn't let you control the mouse) so you can read about my strong desire to cut Rodgers and Finley.

bionic77

Give me an even keel like Manning any day over some excitable idiot who can't control their emotions. Guys like Brady and Peyton (and Rodgers) seem to be strategically irate. A guy like Jeff George or Ryan Leaf simply had no control over their emotions. Such great leaders!
You seem to be endorsing Brady in this post.

You disgust me and have sunk to a new low in your defense of Fraudgers.

Absolutely nothing. Not my argument. You said that he obviously cared. What was obvious about it?

Part of being a good leader is caring about others' success, and I don't get that Rodgers particularly cares. This is based on watching him from afar. I obviously don't know, but Jermichael Finley does. I'm just agreeing with his assessment based on what i've seen of Rodgers.

DeaconKnowledge said:
You said that he obviously cared. What was obvious about it?
He won. Not just a game. The Super Bowl. You don't win the Super Bowl by not giving a shit (which you stated). Sorry.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I obviously don't know, but Jermichael Finley does.
His agent you mean. Nothing in that article came from the mouth of Finley from what I read.

bionic77

Tell your wife to scroll up (I'm guessing she doesn't let you control the mouse) so you can read about my strong desire to cut Rodgers and Finley.
Below the belt ez.

Everyone knows that the wife's duty is to type while the man controls the mouse.

Next you are going to be spreading lies about my wife driving me around.

eznark

Banned
No way does your wife let you into her Mercedes, bionic.

Absolutely nothing. Not my argument. You said that he obviously cared. What was obvious about it?

Part of being a good leader is caring about others' success, and I don't get that Rodgers particularly cares. This is based on watching him from afar. I obviously don't know, but Jermichael Finley does. I'm just agreeing with his assessment based on what i've seen of Rodgers.

What does he say on the matter?

Hey dudes. Still new to American football. I'm trying to follow a whole season this time but can only watch one team's games, so I'm starting with the Giants since I live in NY.

I was scrolling through the week two NFL thread, and am wondering why so many called the Williams incomplete call "bullshit." Of course I don't know about the conventions of refereeing, so I was only listening to the commentary, and the reasoning seemed to make sense: the receiver didn't control it well enough or long enough to make any play. Is that just something that's not usually called?

Godslay

Banned
You needed a back up plan with Peyton as your starter and you have none. I stated this in the off season and it should worry the shit out of you. Peyton just looked really bad.

Fine, whatever.....we start getting respect when we destroy old man Manning this Sunday.

If Peyton goes down or can't get the job done, it's a lost season. I'm fine with that. It's the risk you take.

If you think that beating Manning is going to garner the Texans anymore respect, than good for you, I hope you enjoy it. Champs aren't crowned in September.

MechDX

If Peyton goes down or can't get the job done, it's a lost season. I'm fine with that. It's the risk you take.

If you think that beating Manning is going to garner the Texans anymore respect, than good for you, I hope you enjoy it. Champs aren't crowned in September.

Read my edited post. Plsthnxbye.

Godslay

Banned
Of course Manning expects progress. When was the last time you heard a QB say "Man, my arm is fucked."

For someone that knew that his arm wasn't what it was, you don't seem to understand the periphery or pay attention to what he has been saying the entire time. He's said from the very offset that this is basically a journey back to health. Him starting doesn't imply that he is anywhere close to what he was before he left the game for 20 months. Just because he started in a couple of games, doesn't mean that he is complete. It's a work in progress. Is that hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom