• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for last week when everyone was picking them to win and rooting for them to beat the hated Eagles.

Exactly. I tried to tell everyone that they were not going to beat the Eagles last week. IU do think they beat the Pats this week though. I think the UniBomber is going to have a big bounce back game for them.

Exactly. I tried to tell everyone that they were not going to beat the Eagles last week. IU do think they beat the Pats this week though. I think the UniBomber is going to have a big bounce back game for them.

You said it was a trap game, and I don't remember if I typed it or just thought you were right. We looked ahead, and I actually think the Eagles are better than they're getting credit for. I still think the Ravens are good, alot of people are minimizing their win because they think the Ravens aren't going to be a good team. Also, haven't the Eagles turned it over like 9 times in two games, and are 2-0? Eventually, they won't turn it over as much, which can only help.

As for this week, somebody is going to be 1-2, and the fans are going to freak out. I say that because if we lose, I'm going to freak out. Fucking Flacco.

You said it was a trap game, and I don't remember if I typed it or just thought you were right. We looked ahead, and I actually think the Eagles are better than they're getting credit for. I still think the Ravens are good, alot of people are minimizing their win because they think the Ravens aren't going to be a good team. Also, haven't the Eagles turned it over like 9 times in two games, and are 2-0? Eventually, they won't turn it over as much, which can only help.

As for this week, somebody is going to be 1-2, and the fans are going to freak out. I say that because if we lose, I'm going to freak out. Fucking Flacco.

Would be much more fun if it's the Pats though

Right, I dont know the Eagles are a better team then the Ravens, but that was the ultimate trap game setup for them. I think the Ravens will be really good this year. It is weird that their D is now the big concern. The Ravens are really physical but their D is slow, Eagles were getting guys wide open all day and Vick was getting the ball out so quick the pressure didnt have time to get to him. Also Cam is a terrible OC. The Eagles were in Flacco's face all day and the Ravens ran 1 screen, and hardly any draws. They should have been doing that stuff all game to force the pass rush to slow down. When Flacco had time he made so really good throws but he was under so much pressure and it really wore him down in the 2nd half.

While I hate the Patriots more, I hope it's the Rats because after that first game man would that be delicious.

Sky Chief

What are the odds we see an all out fight and/or player suffer a season ending injury on a late hit because of shitty refs losing control this week?

eznark

Banned
What are the odds we see an all out fight and/or player suffer a season ending injury on a late hit because of shitty refs losing control this week?

If the adjustments the league made from week 1 to week 2 are any indication I think the opposite is more likely. The refs will toss guys for no good reason just because ignorant fans are claiming a loss of control.

gutshot

I always root for the Ravens (when they aren't playing the Eagles of course) because my friend's cousin is married to Joe Flacco. He came to watch our dodgeball team play once and I got to meet him and he's a nice guy. Also, Ray Rice is from my alma mater. So, go Ravens!

krzy123

might be a repost .. but wtf at this rule

In St. Louis' 31-28 victory over Washington, Rams coach Jeff Fisher challenged a second-quarter fumble by running back Steven Jackson near the goal line and it was overturned. The Rams ended up kicking a field goal, which was the margin of victory.

The problem there was that a coach is not allowed to challenge a play when a turnover is ruled on the field. It should have been an automatic 15-yard penalty on Fisher. Also, if Fisher threw the red challenge flag before the replay official initiated the review, then a review is not allowed and the Redskins would have kept the ball.

can't wait until this happens in a game.

from here:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8394294/nfl-coaches-players-fed-fill-refs

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I always root for the Ravens (when they aren't playing the Eagles of course) because my friend's cousin is married to Joe Flacco. He came to watch our dodgeball team play once and I got to meet him and he's a nice guy. Also, Ray Rice is from my alma mater. So, go Ravens!

Your friends cousin sounds like a nice guy although its surprising you only met him once. I hope the two of them find happiness.

Sky Chief

If the adjustments the league made from week 1 to week 2 are any indication I think the opposite is more likely. The refs will toss guys for no good reason just because ignorant fans are claiming a loss of control.

What? You think the refs had control this week???

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Did he bring pizza? Did he scare all of the little kids with his unibrow? We want details.

Sky Chief

They didn't have control...of John Fox.

Slowdown was mainly because of him.

They certainly lost control of Ravens Eagles and Redskins Rams.

Also, it wasn't only because of Fox, they also had a lengthy delay because they didn't know the basic rules and got buzzed from the booth.

In the Redskins Rams game both coaches had to tutor the refs extensively because they had no clue.

gutshot

Did he bring pizza? Did he scare all of the little kids with his unibrow? We want details.

It was an adult dodgeball league, so no kids were scared by the presence of the UniBrow. It kinda threw us off our game though and we lost in the championship. I told my friend we should get Joe on our team next season, but apparently there is this thing called a "contract" which expressly forbids him from engaging in any sort of extracurricular sports. Boo to that, I say.

MechDX

They never charge a penalty when a play is challenged that shouldn't be. That's silly.

Yes they do. Happened to Kubiak last year in Bucs game. 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct on the HC

EDIT: Kubiak threw his flag in the final 2 minutes of the half when reviews are automatic. Not the same thing

Also, it wasn't only because of Fox, they also had a lengthy delay because they didn't know the basic rules and got buzzed from the booth.
Delays due to defining the rules isn't "losing control of the game". They're delays.

Refs lost the flow of the game, not control of it.

eznark

Banned

How so? I watched both those games and outside of the scuffles you see in every football game and a Redskin player completely losing control of himself I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Definitely some bad calls but it's not like there were brawls on the field.

Narag

I don't think they lost control of that game but it was getting close. Of course I also think they wanted to see a mouthy Desean Jackson get punched as much as any other NFL fan.

I think if anybody should be mad at the refs, it's ESPN.

I tuned out specifically because I couldn't take anymore of the long pauses to get things right.

Is he a good leader? Leaders take the blame and make everyone better. HoFinley and co. have unanimously agreed that he doesn't.

So the only question we have remaining is who gets traded, Frauders or HoFinley?

I am hoping they cut Finley so we can pick him up cheap. He would be great in the RZ.

We have enough problems with dropped passes already.

As for Rodgers, I can totally see it. He's never exuded leadership. He does his job and he expects you to do yours. Never seen him passionate about anything, win or lose.

eznark

Banned
Is he a good leader? Leaders take the blame and make everyone better. HoFinley and co. have unanimously agreed that he doesn't.

So the only question we have remaining is who gets traded, Frauders or HoFinley?

I am hoping they cut Finley so we can pick him up cheap. He would be great in the RZ.

Why choose? Cut them both! Harrell2Crabtree4Life

Milchjon

It was an adult dodgeball league, so no kids were scared by the presence of the UniBrow. It kinda threw us off our game though and we lost in the championship. I told my friend we should get Joe on our team next season, but apparently there is this thing called a "contract" which expressly forbids him from engaging in any sort of extracurricular sports. Boo to that, I say.

Did Terrell Suggs not have a "contract"?

MechDX

I think if anybody should be mad at the refs, it's ESPN.

I tuned out specifically because I couldn't take anymore of the long pauses to get things right.

BUt they are not:

wingoz trey wingo
technically, the game last night was a disaster. the ratings were thru the roof. moral of the story? NFL doesn't care as long as you watch
about an hour ago

Sad but true

DeaconKnowledge said:
He's never exuded leadership. He does his job and he expects you to do yours. Never seen him passionate about anything, win or lose.
I don't know, that sounds like someone that leads by example. There's more than one way to lead a team. Passionate "Rah! Rah!" Ray Lewis types aren't always the mold.

eznark

Banned
Never seen him passionate

rodgersftw.gif

GQman2121

Banned
How so? I watched both those games and outside of the scuffles you see in every football game and a Redskin player completely losing control of himself I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Definitely some bad calls but it's not like there were brawls on the field.

I think just getting shit back in order and keeping the game moving is the biggest thing we can fault them with at this point. You had the evening games kicking off on Sunday with over ten minutes still to play in Philly. That was entirely on the refs.

Also, early in the Rams game, during their second possession, SJax fumbles the ball near the goal line (it wasn't a fumble, he was down by contact) and Fisher throws a flag to challenge. Jackson is then flagged for spiking the ball in frustration in the endzone.

Two things there. 1.) Fisher can't challenge the ruling on the field of a fumble because as we all know by now, every turnover is reviewed by the booth. He should have been flagged, but wasn't. 2.) SJax was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. However, he spiked the ball in the endzone. According to the rule book, that is not a penalty.

Obviously, this was push. But still, little shit like this adds up and it all seems so chaotic while it's happening.

eznark

Banned
Isn't that gif like 3 years old?

Does 3 years old fall into the "never" category? Are you that one dumb Browns fan?

I think just getting shit back in order and keeping the game moving is the biggest thing we can fault them with at this point. You had the evening games kicking off on Sunday with over ten minutes still to play in Philly. That was entirely on the refs.

Totally agree and I said so earlier.

What does that have to do with losing control of the game though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom