• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Some article I read implied he's losing the team due to his antics and that if Olin Kreutz was still around then Jay would keep his mouth shut. It's pretty sad if true.
That's silly. The Bears organization's lack of accountability in fixing the OLine for years is what's losing the team.

cdyhybrid

RIP Steve. Terrible news.

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN

NE @ BAL

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA

NFCW will have 3 teams in the playoffs.

cajunator

Banned
Fuck, Steve Sabol died.

WHAT THE FUCK? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

;_;

Literally the death of an era.
NFL Films was one of the classiest and most fascinating things about NFL football.
Those films were works of art. History.
The America's Game series is one of my favorite series of anything ever.

squicken

Yup. One of the more underrated innovators in any medium over the last few decades. Guy changed sports and television forever. Shitty, shitty news.

And the NFL didn't give a fuck. Slashed the budget of what they did. Moved offices from NE to LA. Brought in TV producers to run everything. Willingly went from John Facenda and Autumn Wind to Rose, Faulk, Irvin, and Sanders incomprehensibly trying to recount what they had just seen 5 minutes earlier

That's silly. The Bears organization's lack of accountability in fixing the OLine for years is what's losing the team.

Vick has taken a beating for years due to the Eagles OL being bad but you dont ever hear him say a bad word about those guys. Leaders dont call out teammates in the media. Cutler has every right to say something to a guy on the sidelines during a game, but he needs to shut his fucking mouth about guys in public. That is what is going to hurt the team.

LukeSmith

Steve Sabol dying is the sneaky saddest celebrity death of the year. This dude brought me so much entertainment throughout my life.

Godslay

Banned

I won't be able to respond back as I've got to go back to work, but when Cutler news circulated the locker room in Denver no teammates (irc) said much in the way of him leaving. Whether or not this due to fear of McD I don't know, but rumor has it that he's wasn't beloved as a teammate.

eznark

Banned
And the NFL didn't give a fuck. Slashed the budget of what they did. Moved offices from NE to LA. Brought in TV producers to run everything. Willingly went from John Facenda and Autumn Wind to Rose, Faulk, Irvin, and Sanders incomprehensibly trying to recount what they had just seen 5 minutes earlier

The last few years they've really been bringing it back though. That's also a bit unfair. They went to NFLN (fuck Bob Kraft) and built up around that. Since that is now established they got back to the NFL Films model. A Football Life, the Super Bowl champion series, etc. Yes they are still doing garbage Top Ten lists but you need filler when you have a 24 hour network.

Steve Sabol dying is the sneaky saddest celebrity death of the year. This dude brought me so much entertainment throughout my life.
Sabol completely changed sports and television forever. It's a travesty that he'll never get the credit he deserves.

bionic77

Vick has taken a beating for years due to the Eagles OL being bad but you dont ever hear him say a bad word about those guys. Leaders dont call out teammates in the media. Cutler has every right to say something to a guy on the sidelines during a game, but he needs to shut his fucking mouth about guys in public. That is what is going to hurt the team.
Ben is the best at that.

He is always saying how he thinks he has the best offensive line in the history of the world.

It is a super douche move to call out your teammates in public. Have to keep that in the locker room and that is on the coach to make sure it stays that way.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He didn't say anything in public. It was the sidelines, and he was mad. He didn't badmouth Webb in the media or something.

Yeah, I miss the old NFL Films. I used to really enjoy the recaps they would put together during the 80s with the voice overs of the late great Harry Kalas. They used to show them on HBOs Inside the NFL back in those days.

squicken

He didn't say anything in public. It was the sidelines, and he was mad. He didn't badmouth Webb in the media or something.

He showed him up. Just like Marino did all those years yelling at his WRs. There isn't a merit badge for not trashing them in media

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I won't be able to respond back as I've got to go back to work, but when Cutler news circulated the locker room in Denver no teammates (irc) said much in the way of him leaving. Whether or not this due to fear of McD I don't know, but rumor has it that he's wasn't beloved as a teammate.
I'm sure he wasn't. He's got a bad attitude. However, bad OLine play is bad OLine play. Liking Cutler isn't going to change much of that. They've been garbage since the day he showed up on the team. It needs to fundamentally be changed, and the only times they've done well, it's been due to Cutler's ability to play in spite of it, not because of it.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN

NE @ BAL

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA

Week 3
9-7

Overall
21-11

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I did. The way I read it was that showing Webb up on TV was not as bad as (theoretically) trashing him in the media. If that's not how you intended it I apologize
Naw, the quote said that he should criticize Webb on the sidelines, and not in the media, and that's what Cutler did.

For better or, worse.

bionic77

RIP Steve.

Just like everyone else I loved all of the old NFL movies. Even the bloopers.

When did they show those before the switch to NFL Network? Was it before the games, after or on Saturdays? I can't even remember what network it was on.

JABEE

I just came to post that. Really sad news, guy did more then just about anyone to influence the way people watch football.

No. :( At least he was able to be inducted into the HoF before he died. A true forefather of the NFL. His mark on the game is undeniable.

There was a special on NFL Network on last season that I'm sure they will be replaying.

EDIT: Wait! It was Steve Sabol? Ed Sabol's son. Damn.

Draxal

Err, wasn't NFL films always based in South Jersey right outside of Philly?

But yeah, RIP to a legend, who made the NFL the NFL.

I thought that after the game Jay had said that the OL needed to play better. If not then I guess nevermind that part but he still went out of his way to show him up on the sideline. If a guy is sucking I would think you could get the message to him without doing it like that. It seemed like Jay was blaming Webb even though the whole offense was terrible that game Jay included.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I thought that after the game Jay had said that the OL needed to play better. If not then I guess nevermind that part but he still went out of his way to show him up on the sideline. If a guy is sucking I would think you could get the message to him without doing it like that. It seemed like Jay was blaming Webb even though the whole offense was terrible that game Jay included.
He said they all needed to play better. His show is on right now, and he's mainly focused on his own play and how it should improve.

EDIT: A fan asked why didn't they put in Chris Williams to replace Webb, and Jay responded by, "Should they have replaced me with J-Campbell?" LOL!!

squicken

Err, wasn't NFL films always based in South Jersey right outside of Philly?

But yeah, RIP to a legend, who made the NFL the NFL.

Meant NE as North East, not New England. I knew it was somewhere there but didn't know specifically where. Explains why so many Philly people are involved with NFL Films

If he didn't say after this game, he's said the same thing all preseason and that already pissed people off.

Also, just reading about Finley. Fuck that guy. Too many drops and too many distractions. Guy needs some new scenery.

I seriously feel like we may beat the Pats by 30. Ravens at home. Anger from last season. Tom Brady sucks now, still, whatever. All of it equals a 44-10 game.

Pollard ends Stevan Ridley's season. Feeling it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom