• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

No way does your wife let you into her Mercedes, bionic.
Mercedes are cars for old people. You can actually get used mercs really cheap because they have no resale value and are about as reliable as Aaron Rodgers is when things are going badly.

Get it right ez, the wife drives a Lexus that I bought for her.

You don't see my spreading lies about your wife sitting up in the front seat of your pickup next to your kid and the dog. No when I talk about your family I stay honest and just state the facts. That she rides in the bed with the rest of your gear.

eznark

Banned
tweet, interview, same shit. Somebody asked him something and he answered it. I doubt highly that the opinion expressed didn't originate from Finley.

Oh, I don't doubt that. Finley is a fucking idiot and a bum, I hope this results in him getting marginalized even further. He's already on the outs for his play, hopefully his and his surrogates mouths get him Nick Barnetted.

You don't see my spreading lies about your wife sitting up in the front seat of your pickup next to your kid and the dog. No when I talk about your family I stay honest and just state the facts. That she rides in the bed with the rest of your gear.

And I appreciate that. I thought you said you had some money though so I didn't figure you'd make your wife drive around in a rebranded Corolla.

I apologize.

For someone that knew that his arm wasn't what it was, you don't seem to understand the periphery or pay attention to what he has been saying the entire time. He's said from the very offset that this is basically a journey back to health. Him starting doesn't imply that he is anywhere close to what he was before he left the game for 20 months. Just because he started in a couple of games, doesn't mean that he is complete. It's a work in progress. Is that hard to understand?

Absolutely not. What you need to understand is that we could possibly have seen Manning at 100 percent.

Human beings aren't a measured glass of water. There's no way to know if Manning will ever physically improve past this. Manning himself doesn't know.

squicken

Hey dudes. Still new to American football. I'm trying to follow a whole season this time but can only watch one team's games, so I'm starting with the Giants since I live in NY.

I was scrolling through the week two NFL thread, and am wondering why so many called the Williams incomplete call "bullshit." Of course I don't know about the conventions of refereeing, so I was only listening to the commentary, and the reasoning seemed to make sense: the receiver didn't control it well enough or long enough to make any play. Is that just something that's not usually called?

It's a very controversial rule b/c it seems to defy what we would subjectively call a "catch", but in the case you are citing it was ruled correctly.

Godslay

Banned
Read my edited post. Plsthnxbye.

Still doesn't mean dick. Matt Ryan regular season teams are lights out. To get any respect you have to get it done in the playoffs to some degree. It's just the way it is, no disrespect to the Texans, but the regular season is just the trail to the playoffs, and that is where a franchise earn respect

Absolutely not. What you need to understand is that we could possibly have seen Manning at 100 percent.

Human beings aren't a measured glass of water. There's no way to know if Manning will ever physically improve past this. Manning himself doesn't know.

It's certainly an arbitrary measurement. If the guy says he can progress and get better, I'll take his word for it at this point. I think Manning has earned the benefit of the doubt. If it doesn't pan out, that's the risk we took and I won't look on it as a mistake.

So how bout them refs.
aaron-timeout.gif

Bucket, Your topics are the best. But affect ain't effect. Come on, son!
Yeah I don't know what happened there.

MechDX

For someone that knew that his arm wasn't what it was, you don't seem to understand the periphery or pay attention to what he has been saying the entire time. He's said from the very offset that this is basically a journey back to health. Him starting doesn't imply that he is anywhere close to what he was before he left the game for 20 months. Just because he started in a couple of games, doesn't mean that he is complete. It's a work in progress. Is that hard to understand?

Thats what makes no sense to me. You team is actually pretty good. Strong defense, good running game, decent receivers...yet Elway pinned the entire season on a 36 year old, didnt play last season and coming off major nerve surgery in his neck and arm QB.

To top it off the back up plan is Caleb Hanie? I would be pissed if I was a Broncos fan.

bionic77

Oh, I don't doubt that. Finley is a fucking idiot and a bum, I hope this results in him getting marginalized even further. He's already on the outs for his play, hopefully his and his surrogates mouths get him Nick Barnetted.

And I appreciate that. I thought you said you had some money though so I didn't figure you'd make your wife drive around in a rebranded Corolla.

I apologize.
I am pretty cheap. This is well known. Also that is crazy to call a Lexus a rebranded Corolla. This is an SUV. It is at the very least an up-priced Highlander. You are really loose with the facts.

Also in another example of me being a wuss the wife made me buy the car new. Which is bullshit because it is a huge waste of money but she cited some crap about safety for the kids.

bionic77

It's certainly an arbitrary measurement. If the guy says he can progress and get better, I'll take his word for it at this point. I think Manning has earned the benefit of the doubt. If it doesn't pan out, that's the risk we took and I won't look on it as a mistake.
Players are stupid and lie about as often as teams do.

I remember when Roethlisberger and the Steelers said he fully recovered from a concussion only to throw 100 INTs against a shitty Raiders team the next week.

I remember when he said he was close to a hundred percent after he fucked up his ankle, only to suck ass the rest of the year.

You have to read between the lines.

eznark

Banned
I am pretty cheap. This is well known. Also that is crazy to call a Lexus a rebranded Corolla. This is an SUV. It is at the very least an up-priced Highlander. You are really loose with the facts.

Also in another example of me being a wuss the wife made me buy the car new. Which is bullshit because it is a huge waste of money but she cited some crap about safety for the kids.

Ugh, there is no fighting that! Ultimate trump card.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...onsidering-replacing-felix-but-jerry-says-no/

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Monday that he’d consider other “alternatives” after a fumble on the opening kickoff in Seattle underlined a lack of performance.

“Line 1 in returning the football in the NFL for me is ball security,” Garrett said.

But the elder and more important Jones said Tuesday his fellow former Arkansas Razorback was fine, and that he remained confident in him as a returner.

“Well, just because I do,” the owner said on KRLD-FM, via ESPNDallas.com. “So I feel like we’re in good shape. But that’s it on that. Move on.”

And more proof Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis and why his team will never return to past glory.

Godslay

Banned
Thats what makes no sense to me. You team is actually pretty good. Strong defense, good running game, decent receivers...yet Elway pinned the entire season on a 36 year old, didnt play last season and coming off major nerve surgery in his neck and arm QB.

To top it off the back up plan is Caleb Hanie? I would be pissed if I was a Broncos fan.

It's a story that is still being written. There is no reason to be upset. I loved Tebow dearly, but he wasn't going to get the job done. Manning is an upgrade, if he doesn't work out then it was a good gamble. The upside to even an old Manning is worth it imo, if he can continue to make progress.

As far as Hanie is concerned, he is a stopgap between Manning and Osweiler the rookie. Fox wants someone that can come in and has enough experience to potentially play a quarter or two if necessary and not entirely lose the game. He's not really a replacement or even a long term guy. The future still lies within Osweiler at this point, but he is way too green right now, therefore Hanie.

Players are stupid and lie about as often as teams do.

I remember when Roethlisberger and the Steelers said he fully recovered from a concussion only to throw 100 INTs against a shitty Raiders team the next week.

I remember when he said he was close to a hundred percent after he fucked up his ankle, only to suck ass the rest of the year.

You have to read between the lines.

He hasn't been dishonest at all. He's been very forthright, and frequently states that he is still rehabbing and making progress.

Still doesn't mean dick. Matt Ryan regular season teams are lights out. To get any respect you have to get it done in the playoffs to some degree. It's just the way it is, no disrespect to the Texans, but the regular season is just the trail to the playoffs, and that is where a franchise earn respect
Gotta agree. Until Ryan proves he can do shit in the playoffs who gives a fuck what his regular season looks like.

I think this ultimately will be how we sum up this ref debacle this year.

No problem there. For the record I agree with you that we should take his word for it, that said how many done athletes have said they're fine or will get better in the history of sport? Besides, even if Manning can't throw that ball, who gives a shit? Matt Ryan has had a great regular season career without playoff success. GOTO 10

Fox318

I think this ultimately will be how we sum up this ref debacle this year.

Gotta agree. Until Ryan proves he can do shit in the playoffs who gives a fuck what his regular season looks like.

No problem there. For the record I agree with you that we should take his word for it, that said how many done athletes have said they're fine or will get better in the history of sport? Besides, even if Manning can't throw that ball, who gives a shit? MAtt Ryan has had a great regular season career without playoff success. GOTO 10

If people really cared about the officiating we would all protest by not watching next week.

Nobody watch football next week.

MechDX

It's a story that is still being written. There is no reason to be upset. I loved Tebow dearly, but he wasn't going to get the job done. Manning is an upgrade, if he doesn't work out then it was a good gamble. The upside to even an old Manning is worth it imo, if he can continue to make progress.

As far as Hanie is concerned, he is a stopgap between Manning and Osweiler the rookie. Fox wants someone that can come in and has enough experience to potentially play a quarter or two if necessary and not entirely lose the game. He's not really a replacement or even a long term guy. The future still lies within Osweiler at this point, but he is way too green right now, therefore Hanie.

He hasn't been dishonest at all. He's been very forthright, and frequently states that he is still rehabbing and making progress.

Why not go out and get a decent vet back up as your #2? Still have Osweiler as your #3 but Hanie?? Its been proven more often than not that and aging vet moving to another team rarely ever works. Its sad to see great players trying to recover their lost glory while be snickered at in the background. Except for NFL GAF which blatantly laughs in their face.

eznark

Banned
Finley said:
@AaronRodgers12 is our leader, period. I'm focused on Sea, I have a job 2 do, won't let u down. Family can disagree it makes us all stronger

Yeah, Finley definitely agrees with his agent and probably told his agent to write that. What a fucking clown.

Godslay

Banned

No problem there. For the record I agree with you that we should take his word for it, that said how many done athletes have said they're fine or will get better in the history of sport? Besides, even if Manning can't throw that ball, who gives a shit? Matt Ryan has had a great regular season career without playoff success. GOTO 10

We don't really have any option other than to trust that he is being honest. All we can do is hope that he can either get rid of or work around his limitations.

Why not go out and get a decent vet back up as your #2? Still have Osweiler as your #3 but Hanie?? Its been proven more often than not that and aging vet moving to another team rarely ever works. Its sad to see great players trying to recover their lost glory while be snickered at in the background. Except for NFL GAF which blatantly laughs in their face,

There are very few teams with decent backups. If you are trying to save money, or know that your season is fucked if the #1 guy goes down, then it doesn't make sense to have them around. Plus they are backups for a reason.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh they are actually interviewing him?
It's his show. Every week he's on for an hour. He's fine now. He was just mad at an assumption that Silvy made about him, and Cutler said, "How do you know that? You're just guessing, and that's not fair."

Why not go out and get a decent vet back up as your #2? Still have Osweiler as your #3 but Hanie?? Its been proven more often than not that and aging vet moving to another team rarely ever works. Its sad to see great players trying to recover their lost glory while be snickered at in the background. Except for NFL GAF which blatantly laughs in their face.
If Manning went to the Texans you'd be juggling his nuts from your #Bullsonparade float

squicken

Whoo pig sooey

You're in Raiders territory now. Waiting for the owner to die before you can ever win. He is citing college performance and is more concerned about preserving the idea (which no one believes) that his talent evaluation in some way helped win those 90s SBs than winning now.

edit: Sad to hear about Sabol. Loved the old NFL Films. Too bad league killed it off. Loved Football Follies tape I got every year with SI subscription at Christmas

bionic77

If people really cared about the officiating we would all protest by not watching next week.

Nobody watch football next week.
I am down. ESPN posted some shit trying to convince us that cricket is some awesome sport because they are going to start airing it. Lets all become cricket fans. We just need to teach some minor leaguers the rules and in another 4 years I am sure America will be the best at this sport.

We don't really have any option other than to trust that he is being honest. All we can do is hope that he can either get rid of or work around his limitations.

There are very few teams with decent backups. If you are trying to save money, or know that your season is fucked if the #1 guy goes down, then it doesn't make sense to have them around. Plus they are backups for a reason.
That is what is going to happen IMHO and honestly it might be enough. The Broncos are good enough that they don't have to be carried by Peyton. If he protects the ball and makes smart decisions they will be tough to beat because their defense looks good.

eznark

Banned
Steve_Sabol_NFL_Films.png

The Autumn wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea
With a rollicking song he sweeps along
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a Raider
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.

MechDX

If Manning went to the Texans you'd be juggling his nuts from your #Bullsonparade float

Yes during the offseason but after seeing him play the first two weeks I appreciate McNairs blind loyalty for once. After last season I would liek to think Smithiak would also have had a decent back up plan in place.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Shocking news. What's he crying about now?
One of the hosts made an assumption about him, and Cutler said that he shouldn't be guessing. The host said that he wasn't guessing and he could tell that about him from his "body language, etc." and Cutler said that it wasn't a fair assessment.

jmdajr

I for one never wanted Manning on the Texans. The dude whooped our ass for a decade.
You don't easily forget that! Can't win? Join em! Such an admittance of defeat.

I wonder how Viking fans felt about taking Farve. I guess you can easily forgive/accept when you start winning.

Godslay

Banned
That is what is going to happen IMHO and honestly it might be enough. The Broncos are good enough that they don't have to be carried by Peyton. If he protects the ball and makes smart decisions they will be tough to beat because their defense looks good.

I don't disagree. I still think he will improve as the season goes on. If not then, I would hope that the offense at least gels and we can make due with what he's got left.

Narag

One of the hosts made an assumption about him, and Cutler said that he shouldn't be guessing. The host said that he wasn't guessing and he could tell that about him from his "body language, etc." and Cutler said that it wasn't a fair assessment.

Some article I read implied he's losing the team due to his antics and that if Olin Kreutz was still around then Jay would keep his mouth shut. It's pretty sad if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom