• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
The best thing about his wonderful contribution to the game is that it will live on forever. His innovations have undoubtedly effected the way we consume, not just football, but sports in general.

squicken

Yep. John Facenda, Harry Kalas, and now Scott Graham all had connections to Philly sports teams. Facenda was at a CBS affiliate in Philadelphia before getting the job where he became known as "The Voice of God."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5CTKlF45Ds

Yeah I loved the old NFL Films VHS tapes. SI and the tapes plus NFL gear were my big gifts from my grandparents at Christmas.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/05/13/tdif-send-the-happy-mothers-day-follies/

I loved NFL Follies and besides the Mel Blanc rain one the Hi Mom/We're #1 Opera is my favorite

bionic77

I seriously feel like we may beat the Pats by 30. Ravens at home. Anger from last season. Tom Brady sucks now, still, whatever. All of it equals a 44-10 game.

Pollard ends Stevan Ridley's season. Feeling it!
I hate both teams involved in this game, but honestly I feel like the Ravens should always beat the Pats by 30 but either they let them hang around to steal the game or give the game away via stupid mistakes.

It does feel very iffy for the Pats though. But if their D is legit then they might be able to keep the game close enough for their kicker to choke again.

Bowser

New York Giants ‏@Giants
RB Bradshaw, RT Diehl, WR Hixon, WR Nicks did not practice today. CB Amukamara, CB Coe, DE Ojomo and LB Rivers were limited

Don't think Nicks misses this game. Primetime in his home town? No way. But if Amukamara and Coe are out, that would be huge. Smitty and LaFell could probably go off without those guys in.

Draxal

Don't think Nicks misses this game. Primetime in his home town? No way. But if Amukamara and Coe are out, that would be huge. Smitty and LaFell could probably go off without those guys in.

Smitty and LaFell could probably go off with those guys in as well.

turnerdui.jpg

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/pro-sports/falcons-running-back-turner-arrested-for-dui/nSDfk/

:|
Damn criminal FalCONS.
If Pollard hurts another Patriot,I will hunt him down and fight him.

I will fight by your side, if we also beat up Eli and steal his lunch money . Fuck Bernard Pollard, fuck Eli Manning.
A German and a Gator fighting together?
We're fucked!

Bowser said:
Nicks is playing. No way in hell he isn't. Prince will likely play as well. He was technically healthy enough to play along with Marvin Austin against the Bucs but both were held back because Coughlin wants them to be stronger on the playbook. Both will likely play this week.

If Justin Tryon is on the field, I congratulate you on your TD's! (or Webster for that matter since he's looked like ass)

Cagey

Banned
Steve Smith on Justin Tryon will bring back horrible memories of the 22 yard post route TD that was damn near guaranteed when Steve Smith lined up opposite Terrence Buckley back in the 2005 Wild Card round.

Play happened towards my end zone, no less, and I just shook my head the moment I saw who was covering Smith. Talk about inevitability.

By the way, Jayron Hosely played pretty damn great on Sunday from watching the game replay. Lost in all of the shitting on Giants CB's. I didn't hear his name once which is a pretty good indicator that he was doing his job and he was glue on his coverage (that I could see). I want to check the coaches film to get a better view of the coverages but I really like the kid. Hopefully, Prince can get on the field and show why we took him in the first round.

You'll like this Bowser:

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel

Hakeem Nicks, by the way, said he grew up a Steve Smith fan.

Cagey

Banned
By the way, Jayron Hosely played pretty damn great on Sunday from watching the game replay. Lost in all of the shitting on Giants CB's. I didn't hear his name once which is a pretty good indicator that he was doing his job and he was glue on his coverage (that I could see). I want to check the coaches film to get a better view of the coverages but I really like the kid. Hopefully, Prince can get on the field and show why we took him in the first round.

My angle is corner end zone, so half the game I struggle to identify who either 1) the WRs are or the 2) DBs are, depending on if the action is coming towards me or away from me, because I can't make out their numbers.

I didn't notice Hosely at all, which as you mentioned in noticing Corey Webster becoming VJax's prison yard bitch, is a relatively good sign.

Draxal

Honestly, Webster is a press cb that sucks in Fewell's scheme, it's not a coincidence that his best years were with Spags (although he did turn 30 as well). Hopefully, Fewell will let him press a bit more.

Striker

Honestly, Webster is a press cb that sucks in Fewell's scheme, it's not a coincidence that his best years were with Spags (although he did turn 30 as well). Hopefully, Fewell will let him press a bit more.
I thought he played great last season, and in 2010 when they got rid of Sheridan. He struggled under Sheridan because he had Web playing too much Cover 2 zone. Terrell Thomas had a great 2009 season though, but struggled more in 2010 under Fewell. Both Webster and Thomas are press guys. Right now you just have Webster who can press; you don't want to have Coe, Tryon, Hosley, and Prince jamming these 225 lb. receives because they won't win those matchups. It's up to the safeties to cause some disruptions on those quick patters, sort of how KP did. Rolle was absentee for game two - decide to show up for the season, Antrel!

Cagey

Banned
I thought he played great last season, and in 2010 when they got rid of Sheridan. He struggled under Sheridan because he had Web playing too much Cover 2 zone. Terrell Thomas had a great 2009 season though, but struggled more in 2010 under Fewell. Both Webster and Thomas are press guys. Right now you just have Webster who can press; you don't want to have Coe, Tryon, Hosley, and Prince jamming these 225 lb. receives because they won't win those matchups. It's up to the safeties to cause some disruptions on those quick patters, sort of how KP did. Rolle was absentee for game two - decide to show up for the season, Antrel!

img_22-250x278.png

bionic77

lol, how did I miss this...

NPcgv.png
To be fair, with the amount of cocaine he did in the 90s it is pretty impressive that he can still count to 4.

Speaking of drugs. The Packers did steroids and only won one SB. The Cowboys did cocaine and won 3. I think the results speak for themselves. Cocaine is the drug for people who want to accomplish something great in life. Someone needs to get Polomalu on that all coke diet so he can come back and finish his career on a high note. I would have suggested Harrison as well, but that dude could not handle it. He would probably kill someone on the field if he was on coke.

eznark

Banned
To be fair, with the amount of cocaine he did in the 90s it is pretty impressive that he can still count to 4.

Speaking of drugs. The Packers did steroids and only won one SB. The Cowboys did cocaine and won 3. I think the results speak for themselves. Cocaine is the drug for people who want to accomplish something great in life. Someone needs to get Polomalu on that all coke diet so he can come back and finish his career on a high note. I would have suggested Harrison as well, but that dude could not handle it. He would probably kill someone on the field if he was on coke.
I can vouch for this.

Cagey

Banned

Cmon son how can you forget the OG of cocaine-fueled NFL dominance and aggression.

taylorlawrence21.jpg

EDIT: this post is so awesome you miss some of it the first time you read it

"All coke diet so he can come back and finish his career on a high note"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom