• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Fuck, Steve Sabol died.

Furk. RIP

Sabol completely changed sports and television forever. It's a travesty that he'll never get the credit he deserves.

For a producer, he actually got a lot of credit. I mean, even I know all about him and his dad.

His old man is 96? Watching some documentary about Ed (was it A Football Life, too?), he seems to have lived the perfect life. The way any man should be. I idolize him.

Bioware Drs gone. What a spectacular fall from grace.

"Zeschuk plans to start up a web-based interview show about beer." is my favorite sentence of the day.

Bowser

J-Stew, RT Byron Bell and Thomas Davis all didn't practice today. J-Stew has missed practices before and played on gameday, but with the short week, I'm worried about his availability. Our rushing attack is a lot more potent with him than without him. Hopefully it's just precautionary and he plays Thursday night.

Troll

Banned
My first survivor league I picked NO to beat Washington week one.
My second survivor league I picked NE to beat Arizona in week 2.

I have decided to quit survivor leagues this year.

Milchjon

Why are NFLN, NFL.com and the other broadcasters ripping into the replacement refs? Wouldn't that weaken the NFL's position? Or does everyone just agree that no one would ever not watch the games because of that and it's just another attention-grabbing storyline, so the NFL allows affiliates to talk/write like that?

'decided'

exarkun

Im sitting in my office...my boss comes in (Cowboys fan) and proceeds with:

"Did you guys exist before last year?"-him
"Wat?"-me
"Texans fans, they're so annoyingly loud and they became fans last year."-him
"...Hahahaha you're right"-me
"You're a Texans fan right?"-him
"Yes sir, I love em, but I think Romo gets treated unfairly. With all the additions this year, the Boys will probably make a run starting in late october"-me
"Yea, sunday was a bad game, they always have one in them, but you're right."- He leaves.

I feel so, so dirty. But it was for my job and...just tell me it will be alright.

bionic77

lmao @ the OP

fuck the raidas.

edit; wow steve sabol died, that sucks
I am fully onboard with this.

I am like 5% scared of Palmer and what he can do against our defense, but at the same time Ben and co. should be enough to dominate and get us the win.

But we are not a dominant team and there is always that worry of this being one of those road games where everything that can go wrong does go wrong. Hopefully none of that happens and the game is over in the first quarter.

Speaking of qb's, who is better Palmer or Sanchez? I honestly don't know the answer to this. I don't think either is very good, but I can't decide who is better. I am kind of leaning towards Sanchez because he takes better care of the ball.

Godslay

Banned

Rightfully so.

"Wat?"-me
"Yes sir, I love em, but I think Romo gets treated unfairly. With all the additions this year, the Boys will probably make a run starting in late october"-me
"Yea, sunday was a bad game, they always have one in them, but you're right."- He leaves.

I feel so, so dirty. But it was for my job and...just tell me it will be alright.

Squickening professionally? I would have told that asshole to get his Romo loving ass out of my goddamn office.

MKAllDay

Or continue doing them and just pick whichever team(s) you want to lose that given week.

cajunator

Banned
To be fair, with the amount of cocaine he did in the 90s it is pretty impressive that he can still count to 4.

Speaking of drugs. The Packers did steroids and only won one SB. The Cowboys did cocaine and won 3. I think the results speak for themselves. Cocaine is the drug for people who want to accomplish something great in life. Someone needs to get Polomalu on that all coke diet so he can come back and finish his career on a high note. I would have suggested Harrison as well, but that dude could not handle it. He would probably kill someone on the field if he was on coke.

Qc2yU.jpg
Dat coke

Nightz

"Wat?"-me

My boss is a Raider fan. He wears Raiders shirts every Friday and Monday. I take every opportunity I can to say how much his shirts suck.

bionic77

Harrison on coke wouldn't work this day and age. With women in the league, it's too risky.
It doesn't fly in today's NFL, but at the same time I think most of us would not complain if Harrison celebrated his 8th sack of Brady in the first quarter of the AFC Championship by ripping his arms off and eating them.

The problem is obviously that the government regulates us too much. If a DPOY linebacker wants to become an all timer with the help of our friend cocaine then who the fuck is the government or NFL to tell him no, you can't pursue your dreams of being the black hulk James Harrison.

Its BS.

It doesn't fly in today's NFL, but at the same time I think most of us would not complain if Harrison celebrated his 8th sack of Brady in the first quarter of the AFC Championship by ripping his arms off and eating them.

The problem is obviously that the government regulates us too much. If a DPOY linebacker wants to become an all timer with the help of our friend cocaine then who the fuck is the government or NFL to tell him no, you can't pursue your dreams of being the black hulk James Harrison.

Its BS.

And if I want a lady friend to snort coke off mine and my buddies dick and then we London bridge her and a friend then we should be able to do that without fear of being arrested for drug use.

I vote bionic77 as president of these united states!

cajunator

Banned
And if I want a lady friend to snort coke off mine and my buddies dick and then we London bridge her and a friend then we should be able to do that without fear of being arrested for drug use.

I dont know this terminology but it doesnt sound legal.

ChanHuk

Banned
I am fully onboard with this.

I am like 5% scared of Palmer and what he can do against our defense, but at the same time Ben and co. should be enough to dominate and get us the win.

But we are not a dominant team and there is always that worry of this being one of those road games where everything that can go wrong does go wrong. Hopefully none of that happens and the game is over in the first quarter.

Speaking of qb's, who is better Palmer or Sanchez? I honestly don't know the answer to this. I don't think either is very good, but I can't decide who is better. I am kind of leaning towards Sanchez because he takes better care of the ball.

What the fuck? Palmer is 10x the QB that Sanchez is. The only thing they have in common is that they're ex-USC QBs. Sanchez has a noodle arm like the other SC QB we have our on roster. Palmer can win games, Sanchez is a glorified game manager who sucks at even doing that.

Milchjon

I'm not a huge fan of space since it's too much for me to handle mentally, but if this became true, I'd definitely find a way to leave our earth and find a better place for humanity.

Damn gaming side pisses me off. I make a comment in a piracy thread and I instantly have people accusing me of being a pirate because of my viewpoint.

Sokantish

Damn gaming side pisses me off. I make a comment in a piracy thread and I instantly have people accusing me of being a pirate because of my viewpoint.

Well, why do you pirate games BannedEpisode? Do you hate game developers? You're taking food out of their kids mouths you know!

bionic77

If we are going to be the land of the free then we should make less things illegal. I would also absolutely wreck our military budget and pretty much outlaw lobbying (every politician would get a certain amount of funds from the government for their campaign and past that you would have to pony it up yourself).

The only thing I would be tough on would be Ravenism and Patriotism (Ravenism would be a felony and Patriotism would equal a one way deportation ticket to Franceland, home of the Pats).

But no you don't get the choice of freedom, instead you get to choose between two turd sandwiches!

Well I asked for it by openly admitting that I used to pirate DS games when I was younger.

Then some guy accuses me of still being a pirate because I said I feel like used game sales are just as damaging as piracy.

I also swore so I will probably get banned but whatever.

bionic77

I'm not a huge fan of space since it's too much for me to handle mentally, but if this became true, I'd definitely find a way to leave our earth and find a better place for humanity.
Funny you say that because if I did become president I would definitely send Patriot fans into space on dangerous missions.

It wouldn't be fair to kill a valuable monkey or dog over that shit.

Most of you would die horrible deaths and never return to Earth, but on the bright side your contributions to the space program will help us to put a man on another planet. Even if not voluntary I would still find a way to make Patriots fans a force for good.

Milchjon

If we are going to be the land of the free then we should make less things illegal. I would also absolutely wreck our military budget and pretty much outlaw lobbying (every politician would get a certain amount of funds from the government for their campaign and past that you would have to pony it up yourself).

The only thing I would be tough on would be Ravenism and Patriotism (Ravenism would be a felony and Patriotism would equal a one way deportation ticket to Franceland, home of the Pats).

But no you don't get the choice of freedom, instead you get to choose between two turd sandwiches!

An American who hates patriotism would bomb harder than the 2008 Lions. You'd out-Mitt everyone.

Narag

Funny you say that because if I did become president I would definitely send Patriot fans into space on dangerous missions.

It wouldn't be fair to kill a valuable monkey or dog over that shit.

Most of you would die horrible deaths and never return to Earth, but on the bright side your contributions to the space program will help us to put a man on another planet. Even if not voluntary I would still find a way to make Patriots fans a force for good.

Would you pardon snesfreak for his crimes and get him unbanned if you were president?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Comments, even remotely/obscure, condoning piracy can get you banned easily.

Yeah uh that basically couldn't be further from the truth.

Accusing somebody of piracy in any form at all will get you banned though if certain mods are reading your posts. Comparing used video game sales to piracy is just silly talk though. Used video game sales is what props up the $60 for new games as a viable business model through Gamestop and other sellers.

Also Tebow for president! FREE TEBOW. Bench Sanchez.

A bit of tangent but on the Vontae Davis trade to Indy:

"So far quarterbacks have a perfect 158.3 rating throwing at #Colts, CB Vontae Davis. He's given up rec. on 10/11 targets for 143 yards & 2 tds"

The numbers are from PFF. I think it's time to call his grandma.

Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds.jpeg

Yeah uh that basically couldn't be further from the truth.

Accusing somebody of piracy in any form at all will get you banned though if certain mods are reading your posts. Comparing used video game sales to piracy is just silly talk though. Used video game sales is what props up the $60 for new games as a viable business model through Gamestop and other sellers.

I wasnt comparing it to piracy morally, but yeah.

Also I then post a bunch of pics of my steam collection and PS3 games and nobody responds including the junior that accused me.

bionic77

Would you pardon snesfreak for his crimes and get him unbanned if you were president?
What did he do again?

Honestly I probably wouldn't let him come back here, but there should be a separate forum created for unstable console fanboys. Dude was going apeshit about every insult towards Nintendo like it was a member of his family. There is nothing more pathetic than people who freely advertise for giant corporations. It is only acceptable in sports and religion.

An American who hates patriotism would bomb harder than the 2008 Lions. You'd out-Mitt everyone.
Hey I am not here to sugar coat things or win a popularity contest.

The truth is that the Pats turned what used to be a good word into something that makes most honest hardworking Americans want to gag.

If you don't like the message then vote for the other guys who won't legally allow James Harrison to do coke before a game or FMT to perform perverse sexual acts in the privacy of his own home.

Fox318

What did he do again?

Honestly I probably wouldn't let him come back here, but there should be a separate forum created for unstable console fanboys. Dude was going apeshit about every insult towards Nintendo like it was a member of his family. There is nothing more pathetic than people who freely advertise for giant corporations. It is only acceptable in sports and religion.

He pissed off the wrong people who had either connections with mods or reasons to hate snes already.

I believe it also had to do something with a prominent neogaf member talking bad people who are fans of the Wii U as wierdos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom