• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

See what you people did!? Now squicken agrees with me!

This season is damn weird

wut?!

I took so much shit for saying how garbage Mario was from you Texans fans. I expected it from people outside Houston who didn't watch the games, but the fans should have known better. 90% of his sacks were when he was unblocked or against a TE. What he is and should be is a 3-4 DE. He simply lacks pass rushing skills

LJ11

Have you been impressed with him?

I've never really been impressed with him. If he can fill the hole Aaron Schobel left, and play the run better, I'll be alright with his performance. Kyle Williams is the real force on the line anyway.

Mark Anderson played a great game on Sunday, was much more noticeable and makes like 5m a year, small bonus too.

MechDX

wut?!

I took so much shit for saying how garbage Mario was from you Texans fans. I expected it from people outside Houston who didn't watch the games, but the fans should have known better. 90% of his sacks were when he was unblocked or against a TE. What he is and should be is a 3-4 DE. He simply lacks pass rushing skills!

Wade had him in a good spot the short time he played last year. Small sampling but using the 5 games he played he would have been on track for sacks in the high teens. Not many DC's in the league do that with their players but Wade puts people in position to make impact in the game.

Given he was getting free run to the QB's in the 3-4 scheme.

eznark

Banned
I've never really been impressed with him. If he can fill the hole Aaron Schobel left, and play the run better, I'll be alright with his performance. Kyle Williams is the real force on the line anyway.

Mark Anderson played a great game on Sunday, was much more noticeable and makes like 5m a year, small bonus too.

Is Anderson playing every down? I really wanted GB to sign him.

Godslay

Banned

How are they using him specifically? The reason I ask is that Fox talked specifically about Dumervil and how he was happy with how he played even without getting any sacks. I guess the idea so far has been to use him to bull rush and collapse the pocket rather than more of an edge rusher at this point. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do in Denver's case, but if Buffalo wants him to play a certain way it might affect his numbers.

I miss good ol' JaWalrus.

You didn't like my piece of art ?

Dlbx4.png

I even added the New Era logo to make it look more realistic.

LJ11

There's another thing fans on the outside fail to realize.

There is no fucking disguise in Wannstedt's defense. You rush 4 or 3, and blitz a handful of times. It's going to be mostly man coverage as well, can't stress enough how vanilla it is. 5 on 4 and if you chip with a back/te you got doubles all over the line.

Would like to see Mario actually line up inside and pound on guards, he's got a good bullrush to be honest, get him pushing that pocket back along with Kyle/Dareus, line up Moats or Moore at end and really bring it on third and long.

Wannstedt would rather drop 8, had Dareus and Anderson dropping into fucking coverage, you're not fooling anyone with that garbage. I've seen one good blitz called in 6 games. Dareus should be slanting and twist more, instead he sits there and takes doubles.

Spinluck

wut?!

I took so much shit for saying how garbage Mario was from you Texans fans. I expected it from people outside Houston who didn't watch the games, but the fans should have known better. 90% of his sacks were when he was unblocked or against a TE. What he is and should be is a 3-4 DE. He simply lacks pass rushing skills

Dude was mad overrated, he is robbing Buffalo, straight up robbin'.

LJ11

Is Anderson playing every down? I really wanted GB to sign him.

Yeah, on Sunday he had the most reps I believe, played much more against the Chiefs than the Jets, probably because we stopped the run and had a lead. Still, he did well against the run in the last game.

Think I addressed your post Godslay. It's a boring defense, just get there with 4 or 3. No LB that can really cover, mostly two deep, it's boring. Kyle Williams blows shit up though, the guy is an animal.

squicken

Brian Schottenhimer?

You are consistent haha. I'm gonna say he's doing well so far in STL. Maybe Fisher has a firmer hand than Rex in making him run the ball, but he's really worked around the injuries well. Bradford has never looked this good, even against other bad defenses

Borderlands is a pretty , pretty game.

Now that Packer nation feels that the defense is cured everyone is focusing on the offense and saying they're doomed. Next week Rodgers will put up 50 points and they'll find something else to complain about

Greg

Now that Packer nation feels that the defense is cured everyone is focusing on the offense and saying they're doomed. Next week Rodgers will put up 50 points and they'll find something else to complain about
the defense giving up 49

edit: damnit, Deacon

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Rodgers will put up 4-5 TDs and our defense will give up 3-4.

All will be normal again.

edit: beaten like Brady by his wife after a Superbowl loss.

I'm not sold on our offense being all that dominant this year. We'll see what happens with Jennings back, I guess.

It's really weird having special teams be the only constant so far. Feels dirty and wrong.

MechDX

ibj56oEgkO9AAB.jpg

Saw this on Twitter. Helps explain why Schaub didn't throw more than 10 yards downfield. JAX did that all game

Texans offense is a pick your poison. Drop everyone back into coverage and the run game/TE's will kill you. Stack the line to stop the run the play action will drop bombs on your head. It really works good because the Oline and running game can be so damn dominant at times. Kubiak is shit as a HC but the man can build an offense.

Career yards from scrimmage through 37 games for Arian Foster. For comparison, the all-time leader among RBs in this category, Emmitt Smith, had 3,545 through his first 37 games. The overall leader, Jerry Rice, had 2,029. Everyone’s archetype all-purpose back, Marshall Faulk, had 3,721.

Thats some outrageous shit right there.

My copy hasn't come yet goddamnit.

Also the defense is/will be improved but I think most people are setting themselves up for disappointment. Can't play the Bears' O-Line every week.

On the bright side, the Seahawks have Breno Giacomini and some DL starting on the O-Line.

:jnc's will be had by all.

eznark

Banned
My copy hasn't come yet goddamnit.

Also the defense is/will be improved but I think most people are setting themselves up for disappointment. Can't play the Bears' O-Line every week.

On the bright side, the Seahawks have Breno Giacomini and some DL starting on the O-Line.

:jnc's will be had by all.

Just enter the code into steam dude

cajunator

Banned
I agree but I don't think a permaban was needed with him. Also I think it was for something he said outside of the confines of Neogaf.

Then again Snes overdid it with his love of Nintendo, Community, and Taco eating qbs.

I guess Im the next biggest Nintendo fan left.
I did buy 50 wii games.
Then again I dont give a shit about console wars.
I did enjoy the bayonetta 2 thread though.

effzee

I guess this is the place to ask.

I just started playing Madden 13 today for the PS3 :(

Am I not getting something here or have I completely forgotten how to tackle? Any team I play against, any RB, breaks 2-3 tackles per play against me. And then on the flip side I can't seem to pull off the same moves. I play mainly with the Eagles (duh) and McCoy folds and falls right away. I went into practice and tried out all the buttons and moves but I can't figure it out.

And what in the world is up with dropped passes? Vick is terrible in the game which is understandable but even when WRs are wide open and I get the pass there on time accurately, they just flat out drop passes. I also had Celek fumble twice in a row after hit stick tackles.

And who was in the our little PS3 community last year? Greg? And maybe 1 other? Captive?

You guys in again?

squicken

Carriker got hurt on nothing. Just a turf injury. Sucks for Skins. Wonder if that awful stuff contributes to has so many STL injuries

bionic77

I guess Im the next biggest Nintendo fan left.
I did buy 50 wii games.
Then again I dont give a shit about console wars.
I did enjoy the bayonetta 2 thread though.
Wii was worth it for Galaxy alone. They will still be played 20 years from now. Can't say that about many games.

And honestly Wii Sports was a lot of fun.

cajunator

Banned
Wii was worth it for Galaxy alone. They will still be played 20 years from now. Can't say that about many teams.

And honestly Wii Sports was a lot of fun.

It is a fun little gizmo. Im ready for some HD Nintendo lovin though.
Will probably get ps4 a couple years after launch and whatever MS comes up with later on. I hardly play my 360 lately.
The bayonetta 2 thread is sodium rich.

Yeah, even though it kind of befuddles me with all of the weapons we have on offense, I'm inclined to think we're going to be a balanced and ball control type offense (this is obviously relative to last year, perhaps not the rest of the league). We certainly need to see some more explosiveness on offense which we haven't seen yet. Maybe it's just all an adjustment, with a new OC and the Packers being "figured out" by defenses by playing two deep. If Benson is legit and Falls Forward comes back strong we can mix things up so defenses can't do that as much then maybe things will pick up like last year. Just need to teach them to stop dropping balls, or just solve the root of the problem by cutting bitch ass Finley already.

'Course...they did play two of the better Ds they'll face all year. So there's that too.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, even though it kind of befuddles me with all of the weapons we have on offense, I'm inclined to think we're going to be a balanced and ball control type offense (this is obviously relative to last year). We certainly need to see some more explosiveness on offense which we haven't seen yet. Maybe it's just all an adjustment, with a new OC and the Packers being "figured out" by defenses by playing two deep. If Benson is legit and Falls Forward comes back strong we can mix things up so defenses can't do that as much, maybe things will go back to how they were last year. Just need to teach them to stop dropping balls, or just solve the root of the problem by cutting bitch ass Finley already.

Finley is clearly on his way out. It seemed like the Packers were ok with his drops, but last week against the Bears he put in probably the worst effort of his career. Drops, fumbles and all the missed blocks in the world. After that whiff on the bubble screen and the fumble, he was pretty much sat the fuck down. Crab is a fantastic blocker and the Pack has enough receivers that he's a luxury, not a necessity. It looks to me like Cobb will be the new underneath/crossing matchup nightmare for defenses. They'll miss him on the goal line but oh fucking well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom