• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
ZMP4J.jpg

ZFDmZ.jpg

GBGmn.jpg

I don't get it

Go do some research on Josh Bullocks.
For some reason after being the worst Saints safety in history he was signed by the Bears.

i remember coming out of college bullocks was said to be pretty good too. he was trash. but the worst safety in NFL history played for us:

xx-bw-vikings.jpg

i think he had a streak of like 24 games where he did not have an interception..... yes, a free safety went nearly 2 seasons without a pick. and of course dumb fuck nolan/singletary do nothing about it. i have given goldson a lot of shit over the years for his poor angles but mark roman makes goldson look like a hall of famer

Slo

i remember coming out of college bullocks was said to be pretty good too. he was trash. but the worst safety in NFL history played for us:

xx-bw-vikings.jpg

i think he had a streak of like 24 games where he did not have an interception..... yes, a free safety went nearly 2 seasons without a pick. and of course dumb fuck nolan/singletary do nothing about it. i have given goldson a lot of shit over the years for his poor angles but mark roman makes goldson look like a hall of famer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-gY3OrHFPg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I can see my wife looking at me from the second story window, just waiting for the opportunity to trade me. Whispering to herself,"I need an older man who can't throw".

And who isn't afraid of his own balls.

...so, how hard do you think Rex's wife has pressure The Other Fat One to introduce her to Tebow? You know. For foot lickin' purposes.

cajunator

Banned
Jeez that Bayonetta thread is already past 100 pages

I find the whole thing kind of hilarious.
First people were crying because Nintendo had shit third party support.
Now that they are actively getting support for Wii U people are saying Nintendo is stealing exclusives.
The moral here is that gamers should just shut the fuck up.

Kiryu

(Obviously) My pick is Seattle Seahawks. Why did I think Seattle Seahawks will win this one? Oh yes... Packers and Seahawks are at 1-1 record. However, Seahawks have Defense advantage and Green Packers have Offense advantage. Who know if Defense is stronger than Offense or Offense is stronger than Defense. The other reason why Seahawks will win this one because they have rushing advantage so I would go with Seahawks for a win. (As while Media/Expert Analyst/Fans picks on Green Bay over Seahawks).

Seahawks is almost same as 49ers in the philosophically of Defense/Rushing game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
(Obviously) My pick is Seattle Seahawks. Why did I think Seattle Seahawks will win this one? Oh yes... Packers and Seahawks are at 1-1 record. However, Seahawks have Defense advantage and Green Packers have Offense advantage. Who know if Defense is stronger than Offense or Offense is stronger than Defense. The other reason why Seahawks will win this one because they have rushing advantage so I would go with Seahawks for a win. (As while Media/Expert Analyst/Fans picks on Green Bay over Seahawks).

Seahawks is almost same as 49ers in the philosophically of Defense/Rushing game.

Any given Sunday. But no. You know in your heart you're wrong.

Slo

You had me at Seattle.

Kiryu

plus they play on monday. if they played on SUNDAY i would say seachickens have a chance. but not on MNF!
Do care if you willing tell me how many percent does Seahawks win on MNF?

You had me at Seattle.
and you had Seattle uniform avy?

Any given Sunday. But no. You know in your heart you're wrong.
My heart may can be wrong but it's never wrong to pick a team to win for. Seahawks will win because it won't be "Any given Sunday".

cajunator

Banned
Seattle could do it.
They beat the everloving fuck out of the Cowboys and gave Shango an aneurysm. They could easily outmuscle the Packers.

effzee

wait wait wait, wait.... wait.. your telling my Jacoby Jones beat Asomougha one on one in bump in run coverage for a touch down?

So glad Asomougha thought texans weren't good enough for him and they got J Jo instead.

Did Aso ever say anything like that?

His play has been really uneven. Last year they were really playing him out of position, tons of zone, and even at safety at times. It was really odd and infuriating. Jones blew by him on a double move after what looked like was going to be a sack. He needs to step it up but the D overall is playing much better than it did last season. Improved LBs, DRC starting, and even more depth and pass rushers on the Dline has helped.

cajunator

Banned
Regarding joshua bullocks, there used to be a lowlights video of how much he sucked, but nfl seems to have ordered it to be taken down.
It was eye opening.

cajunator

Banned
People complain about anything. Wasn't that game basically on the brink of being canceled before Nintendo stepped in?

Fuck they should've let it die to piss off the fans.

Yup.
Some people would rather see a fresh and exciting game series die than allow it on the filthy Nintendo WiiU.
The game wouldn't exist if Nintendo didn't fund it.

I thought it was already cancelled?
All but, I think.

Without any direct knowledge of the situation (e.g. the following is speculation): Platinum probably quietly asked for financial support from the other publishers they work with once Sega backed out, and would've canceled the game had no one stepped in. Nintendo did = WiiU exclusive = how dare they do this to us those BASTARDS!

It's sad that gaming side will get hard ons for a game just because it comes from Japan. great games come from everywhere, not just Japan.
Edit: if this isn't clear I thought bayonetta was pandering garbage.

RBH

San Diego has announced that more than 11,000 tickets remain for Sunday’s showdown between the 2-0 Chargers and the 2-0 Falcons. If the non-premium seats aren’t sold by 4:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, the game will be blacked out (barring an extension of the deadline).

The Chargers, who were coy about their deficit in Week Two, wrote the announcement in a positive way, explaining that anyone who buys tickets to Sunday’s game will also be able to buy tickets to the next home game on October 15th, a Monday nighter against the Broncos and Peyton Manning.

Which means, of course, that plenty of seats are available for that game, too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
NFL Gaf actively makes me want to visit Tbell, but I realize most of the menu isn't that good if your not intoxicated or high on the Bucs

It all tastes exactly the same. Except for that new cantina bell thing, that's not too bad. Not sure why I wouldn't just go to Chipotle though.

It all tastes exactly the same. Except for that new cantina bell thing, that's not too bad. Not sure why I wouldn't just go to Chipotle though.
You'd have to get out the car for Chipotle :lol, haven't tried the cantina menu........ I really like the chicken quesadillas though....

Drakeon

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR - Eli can put up some offense when the going gets rough. Panthers still don't really have a defense, so I'm betting on the Gmen.

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL - Could see TB winning, but Dallas is at home, won't pick against them there, especially after a tough loss.
JAC @ IND - Luck >>> Gabbert
BUF @ CLE - Could see this being tough if Haden was in to slow down Stevie, but since that's not the case, it wasn't too hard of a pick.
NYJ @ MIA - Upset special of the week, Miami always plays the jets tough and after riding high on the last win, I could see them getting a second here.
KC @ NO - KC is perhaps the worst team in the league. Such a disappointment.
CIN @ WAS - I could see the Bengals winning, especially with Orakpo and Carriker now gone, but they're at home, so gave the Redskins the benefit of the doubt.
STL @ CHI - Could be a possible upset. Rams dline can get after people, especially against such a porous oline. Still going with the Bears though, don't trust the Rams yet.
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN - If Tennessee's offense didn't look completely putrid, I'd almost say they could upset, but not with what they've been putting up. Detroit will get a win to get back some momentum.

ATL @ SD - I'm thinking Rivers exploits the banged up secondary here. Chargers D looks legit this year too, but hard to really say how good they are until they play a good team.
PHI @ ARI - Based this on the dline vs oline, but didn't put a ton of confidence points on it.
PIT @ OAK - Oakland's pretty terrible.
HOU @ DEN - This one could go either way, especially with Denver at home.

NE @ BAL - Baltimore always plays NE well, expect them to get their footing back at home.

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA - Seattle is a tough place to play, but I haven't seen a great pass rush from them and if they can't get pressure on Rodgers, that doesn't bode well for Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom