• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

ib1WKVzToZ0919.jpg

This blown call was catastrophic. Orakpo is offsides and of course blows by the LT Saffold and sacks Bradford. On the sack, he tears his pectoral muscle and is out for the year. Bradford, not expecting to be hit so soon, fumbles. Saffold picks up the loose ball and attempts to advance it. Saffold gets hit low and injures his MCL. Out indefinitely but at least a month. Player pushing the limits to see what he can get away with, or just a routine offsides? Either way the real refs would have blown it dead b/c Orakpo got clean shot on QB

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Finley is clearly on his way out. It seemed like the Packers were ok with his drops, but last week against the Bears he put in probably the worst effort of his career. Drops, fumbles and all the missed blocks in the world. After that whiff on the bubble screen and the fumble, he was pretty much sat the fuck down. Crab is a fantastic blocker and the Pack has enough receivers that he's a luxury, not a necessity. It looks to me like Cobb will be the new underneath/crossing matchup nightmare for defenses. They'll miss him on the goal line but oh fucking well.

DJ Williams was amazing with Mallett throwing to him at Arkansas so it'd be interesting to see him play some more. Probably lacks the raw talent of Finley though.

Yeah, even though it kind of befuddles me with all of the weapons we have on offense, I'm inclined to think we're going to be a balanced and ball control type offense (this is obviously relative to last year, perhaps not the rest of the league). We certainly need to see some more explosiveness on offense which we haven't seen yet.
I'd like to see more 2RB sets.

Benson and Green are decent enough runners and ideally would be able to catch the ball out of the backfield.
Pass-to-run would really help to frustrate defenses. Dumb the Packers don't use it more.

But really, I could give a fuck about the offense until the playoffs, then it becomes the "how do we beat San Francisco" offense.

Greg

I guess this is the place to ask.

I just started playing Madden 13 today for the PS3 :(

Am I not getting something here or have I completely forgotten how to tackle. Any team I play against, any RB, breaks 2-3 tackles per play against me. And then on the flip side I can't seem to pull off the same moves. I play mainly with the Eagles (duh) and McCoy folds and falls right away. I went into practice and tried out all the buttons and moves but I can't figure it out.

And what in the world is up with dropped passes? Vick is terrible in the game which is understandable but even when WRs are wide open and I get the pass there on time accurately, they just flat out drop passes.

And who was in the our little PS3 community last year? Greg? And maybe 1 other? Captive?

You guys in again?
I sold my PS3, sorry.

That poor PS3 community...

LJ11

DJ Williams was amazing with Mallett throwing to him at Arkansas so it'd be interesting to see him play some more. Probably lacks the raw talent of Finley though.

He was a real pain in the ass to defend, seemed like he always found a hole in the D.

eznark said:
Oh man i love the Borderlands 2 character intro cinematic
Bonus for using The Heavy's music in the intro.

Too many damned games though. Dark Souls first. I have to keep telling myself this!

cashman

Banned
I guess this is the place to ask.

I just started playing Madden 13 today for the PS3 :(

Am I not getting something here or have I completely forgotten how to tackle? Any team I play against, any RB, breaks 2-3 tackles per play against me. And then on the flip side I can't seem to pull off the same moves. I play mainly with the Eagles (duh) and McCoy folds and falls right away. I went into practice and tried out all the buttons and moves but I can't figure it out.

And what in the world is up with dropped passes? Vick is terrible in the game which is understandable but even when WRs are wide open and I get the pass there on time accurately, they just flat out drop passes. I also had Celek fumble twice in a row after hit stick tackles.

And who was in the our little PS3 community last year? Greg? And maybe 1 other? Captive?

You guys in again?
You are playing with the wrong team. Eagles are horrible.

With school, my attempt at a social life, work and GAF, I barely have time to play games.

And I see some of you (Looking at you Eli) talking about playing new games every week! Hoooow? Don't you sleep? Plus you have kids, are they the easiest kids in the world?

eznark

Banned
Strategyinformer.com is going to be giving away some free copies of Borderlands 2 soon. May want to check it out if you're a poor. Contest isn't up yet.

Usually a good place to win those contests since no one goes to strategyinformer.com

With school, my attempt at a social life, work and GAF, I barely have time to play games.

And I see some of you (Looking at you Eli) talking about playing new games every week! Hoooow? Don't you sleep? Plus you have kids, are they the easiest kids in the world?

Gotta work on cutting the sleep back to 5-6 hours a night.

Strategyinformer.com is going to be giving away some free copies of Borderlands 2 soon. May want to check it out if you're a poor. Contest isn't up yet.

Usually a good place to win those contests since no one goes to strategyinformer.com
Nice try, strategyinformer viral!

bionic77

I pretty much almost never get time to game. If I do I have to give up something else. Twins are a handful at this age.

I barely get to watch tv anymore, the only thing I really watch is football.

I wish I had more time because Kid Icarus is the bomb. Such a great game.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Hi, welcome back.

Please tell us again how Matt Stafford is a top tier QB. We (and he) have forgotten. He's at least better than Eli, right?

There were questions whether to sign Williams or Foster last season. Wish I could remember when that was so I could expose some fools on here.

find 'em cause i dont recall any of texans gaf saying we should have kept mario over arian.

Im with Mech on this one, would have loved to keep him, with barwin, mario and reed rotating, in and out. Holy shit. But for 100 millions? no thanks. We had to let Eric Winston go and werent going to match the ridiculous offer that Mike Briesel got from da raiders. In addition to signing Schaub, Foster and Duane Brown in the off season. Just no way all of that was going to happen.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
wait wait wait, wait.... wait.. your telling my Jacoby Jones beat Asomougha one on one in bump in run coverage for a touch down?

So glad Asomougha thought texans weren't good enough for him and they got J Jo instead.

cajunator

Banned
I talk a bit of vidya gamez in here cause its safer.
I might offend a fanboy elsewhere god forbid.
Oh shit I cant say that either.

Wrayfield

Yeah, on Sunday he had the most reps I believe, played much more against the Chiefs than the Jets, probably because we stopped the run and had a lead. Still, he did well against the run in the last game.

Think I addressed your post Godslay. It's a boring defense, just get there with 4 or 3. No LB that can really cover, mostly two deep, it's boring. Kyle Williams blows shit up though, the guy is an animal.

I would love Williams on the Dolphins D line. Starks, Wake and him. Sweet mother of pearl...

Texans offense is a pick your poison. Drop everyone back into coverage and the run game/TE's will kill you. Stack the line to stop the run the play action will drop bombs on your head. It really works good because the Oline and running game can be so damn dominant at times. Kubiak is shit as a HC but the man can build an offense.

Thats some outrageous shit right there.

And that's with Tate taking away yards and TDs from him. Do you remember Emmitt Smith's backup? There you go.

Slo

Don't enable them. They need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom